Chapter 4

Chameleon Colored You

 

Myungsoo dreaded the deadly smell that filled his nose- waking him up from his sleep. Rubbing his eyes, he noticed rays of sunlight invading the room through small gaps that the curtain didn’t cover. His stomach rumbled, reminding him that he hadn’t eaten dinner the day before. A sudden alarm rang through his lower body, this one reminding him that he needed to release some specific liquid. His mind told him to move but once again-not that suprisngly- his body didn’t quite agree with it. He didn’t want to move. At all.

The thought of having to get up and move his legs all the way to the bathroom left him with a sigh. But then the thought of a grown man wetting his covers came and won the competition. Getting up from the bed with much difficulty, he headed towards the bathroom. He didn’t forget to take a quick glance at a certain sleeping brunet. It was normal. It wasn’t his fault that the brunet was slightly attractive. Slightly. Not that he would ever admit that to anybody.

His eyes couldn’t help but question the open door. He had always wondered why it was always left like that but pushed it to the back of his mind every time- this time included. It wasn’t important so why bother asking?

Finished with his task, Myungsoo returned to his room. He cursed from pure surprise at the sight of the pair of friends that waited for him in the dark. Settling down on his own bed, he began answering their questions.

“I went to Dr. Kim’s office and a-asked him about some q-questions.”

“And?” Sungyeol said, impatiently.

“He told me that the investigator from yesterday, came here and identified me.”

Sungyeol nodded in an understanding way. He hadn’t expected such a simple answer. He felt, as strange as it sounded… disappointed.

“But then how did the investigators know where to find you? Unless they saw you getting admitted with their own eyes, how would they know?” Dongwoo said

“Aren’t you just over thinking this? I mean it’s not impossible for the investigators to have known.”

Myungsoo didn’t know whose side was more... correct? He felt like Dongwoo was on to something but didn’t want to disagree with Sungyeol. He instead opted for telling additional facts that may help either of the pair.

“S-so… I couldn’t finish asking because I-investigator Woohyun i-interrupted me.”

“Investigator Nam Woohyun?” Dongwoo repeated

“Y-yeah. T-they seemed to be c-close?”

“So what?” Sungyeol blurted out. “That doesn’t help us out on anything.”

“But it might. I don’t even know anymore.” Dongwoo brought his hands to his face, rubbing them harshly against it. He let out a groan.

“Patient Kim Myungsoo?”  The three of them turned to the nurse that stood in the middle of the doorway. “You have visit.”

Before the poor nurse could step aside, she was thrown to the side by a group of men. Myungsoo cursed at the familiar faces.

“Myungsoo hyung!” Kangjoon cheerfully yelled at the top of his lungs, earning complaints from the nurse who was doing her best trying to escape from the crowd of men.

“You bastard! How could you just leave without telling any of us?” Myungsoo recognized him as Woobin. He felt like the guy was a very tiring person to hang out with. Next to him was the guy from last time that ‘saved’ him. Jongsuk? The guy had brown hair that seemed kind of dry? He was handsome either way.

“I-I’m sorry…?” Myungsoo responded dumbly. He dreaded the worried expression that had appeared on Woobin’s face.

“The ? You okay?”

“Y-yeah? Cour-course I am! Ya know?!” Myungsoo at this. He spotted a Sungyeol who was shaking his head in disapproval.

“Thought so! Knew a small accident like that wouldn’t hurt you! You’re the guy who didn’t his pants even when the mafia were dead serious on trying to kill you!”

Myungsoo eyes widened (quite comically) at the sentence. It didn’t look like Woobin was lying. In fact, the other guys in the room started to pitch in with their stories about him.

“Remember that time when Myungsoo hyung confronted my school’s group of deliqeunts alone, like an idiot?”

“Hey, hey! That time when Myungsoo hyung tried walking away from an explosion like a boss but since he was still in the explosion radius, he flew away?”

“How about that time where he began creating his own theme song for whenever he made an entrance?!”

Myungsoo was confused. More amused than confused but still. He was confused. Instead of a cold hearted bastard, he felt that he was more of an idiot?

“Hyung are you seriously okay? Are you still in the middle of healing?” Kangjoon asked him, making everyone’s attention go to him. Pressure. That’s all he felt.

“U-uh. A-actually, I-I’m still i-in the middle of r-recovering! T-too much noise g-gives me a… headache?” He wanted to tell Sungyeol and Dongwoo to stop looking at him like that.

“Aww! Do I hear our wittle mascot whining?!” Woobin cooed, Jongsuk next to him rolling his eyes at his friend’s behavior.

“S-shut up!” Myungsoo glanced at the reaction and let out a breath of relief when he saw that there was no strange reaction. He would have to act like one of them if he was going to fool anybody.

“Normally, I would throw up at this thought but, why the hell are you so cute today? What the hell did that accident do to you?” He grunted when Woobin glomped him. Once again, his bones felt like they were being crushed.

“Shut up Woobin. Let’s stay longer on another day. Our hyungnim needs some rest for today.” Jongsuk thankfully said.

“But he still has the whole day to rest!”

“We haven’t seen him for days!”

“He heals when he fights! Let’s bring him along to our fight against-“

“Oh shut up! He has just been hit by a car now let him rest!” Jongsuk’s voice bellowed through the room, silencing the guys. “Good. Now Woobin, get the off him.”

Woobin leaned in closer to Myungsoo’s face. Uncomfortably closer. The older bit his lips before smirking. “Why? You jealous?” A skeptical look from Jongsuk was all it took for Woobin to let go of him- with a pout of course.

With a chorus of farewells, the once crowded room was left with only three people.

“Myungsoo might have been a half-d*ck.”

 Dongwoo ignored Sungyeol.

“Do you want to go out and look for more clues or do you want to just stay here and rest for the day?”

“T-to my h-house?”

“Yeah. We’ll wait outside your house for about an hour and if no one goes in, we’ll barge in.”

 


 

Sungyeol was tired. His back was hurting and he couldn’t feel his legs. It had been over an hour since they had been hiding behind bushes, stalking Myungsoo’s house. They were currently invading Myungsoo’s neighbor’s garden. Every second felt like hell for his legs. Blood wanted to circulate through his legs. Why doesn’t he just sit down on the grass and spread out his legs for more comfort? Cause there is an ant hill nearby. He won’t risk the chance of ants in his pants.

“There isn’t anyone who freakin’ lives there! Let’s just barge in!”

Dongwoo looked reluctant but nodded anyway. Knowing that Myungsoo wouldn’t have the courage to break in, Sungyeol stood up and walked while limping to the house’s windows. He grabbed a brick he found lying near the small brick wall. Whoever did it, made it easier to break in then keep people out. Keeping a small distance, he threw the brick at the window, shattering it. He saw Dongwoo put a hand to his face while shaking his head. He smiled proudly.

The buzz in his legs gone, he propped his hand on the frame where it was free of glass. Putting strength in his hand, he swiftly jumped into the house- with a few cuts on the knees.

Checking his surroundings, he guessed he was in the living room. The room wasn’t too small, a tattered black sofa being placed to his right; in front of a twenty inch flat screen TV. The sofa had cuts that spilled its contents out and littered all over the floor. On the floor, besides pieces of foam there were bunches of trash piled up around the room. There was no door and instead, was directly connected with a hallway.

“Woah. What happened here?” Sungyeol heard Dongwoo comment.

Myungsoo took in everything there was to see in the room. He was nervous. At first, he thought it was because they had barged in a house that had a chance (very small but still a chance) of being someone else’s house but, it was the house. The house just gave him an eerie feeling. He didn’t know why the house seemed to suffocate him.

Following Sungyeol, he stepped into the hallway that went one way towards a flight of wooden stairs and a small kitchen. Dongwoo said he would check the kitchen and that they should go check the second floor. Hesitant, he slowly put a foot on top of the first step as if he was testing the temperature. He paid no attention to the huff that came from Sungyeol. He did however squeak when the brunet suddenly grabbed his arm and started pulling him up the creaking stairs.

The second floor consisted of a hallway that branched into two rooms and a bathroom. The first room was locked and deciding to leave the bathroom for last, they were left with the room to their farest right.

Feeling slightly comforted by Sungyeol’s hand still gripping firmly on his arm, Myungsoo took a deep breath and grabbed the golden round door knob of a chipped oak door. Turning the knob, he pushed the door. He flinched at the loud creak it caused.

Inside, dust danced around, a small stream of light from a small window making some particles shine. A bed, some shelves and a small gray antenna television were the only objects in the room. The bed was stripped from its covers and the television didn’t seem to be of much use to them. Books of all sorts of genres filled the shelves and some even were stacked up on the floor, some tall enough to remind him of a pillar. Besides the books of fiction or non-fiction, a bright red album with golden decorations in the middle of a pillar caught his attention.

Carefully, he pushed and pulled on the books trying to not get them to fall. He always at Jenga and the fact that a pile of books came raining on him proved that. Preparing himself, he lifted his arm in order to cover his face. He grunted when for some reason his face slammed to the ground.

Opening his eyes, he found a sheepishly smiling Sungyeol standing in front of him, his arms held open.

“Haha… I didn’t expect you to trip.”

Rubbing his nose, Myungsoo glared weakly at Sungyeol. He was surprised at the fact that he found the other’s intention cute. Something must be wrong with him. Looking back at the pile of books, he scanned for a red cover. Easily distinguishable, he quickly found what he was looking for.

The cover had nothing on it. No title.

He quickly opened the book to the first page. It was also blank. Skimming through the pages, he guessed that it was supposed to be a diary but no one had used it. Letting out a small whine, Myungsoo threw the diary on the floor in disappointment. He saw the diary bounce off the ground and hit the wall with a thump. He froze. Eyebrows creased, he ran over to the diary and picked it up. Flipping through the pages, he paused at the end of the book.

His breathing began to quicken, his heart following its lead. Even as he tried to calm down, something ran through his head. He couldn’t grasp what it was. Lifting his hand, he was about to grip his head with it when he noticed he was shaking. He didn’t understand what it was. His vision began to blur and he wasn’t sure whether it was because of the tears or whether it had something to do with the fact that Sungyeol’s voice was sounding distant.

The last thing he felt was that he was being embraced before everything disappeared.

Sungyeol cried out for Dongwoo unable to hide his panic. His heart began to quicken but he calmed himself down by taking in deep breaths.

“What happened?!”

Dongwoo crouched in front of him and took Myungsoo in his own arms. Sungyeol took this time to push himself to the wall in an attempt to calm himself. When his breath finally returned to normal, his body slumped to the ground. Using his hand, he was about to wipe off the sweat that formed on his forehead when he noticed something popping out of the book Myungsoo had been reading.

Grabbing the book, he pulled it out. It was a photo. A photo of a couple to be more specific. The husband(?) had black hair and was on the chubby side whilst the wife(?) although she also had black hair, she was skinny. Strangely the photo drowned his brain with a wave of nausea.

The man.  

It was the man.

-=-=-=-

A/N: So... Kill Me Heal Me ended!!! ㅠㅠㅠ

Thank you for your interest and commentaries~~~

Love ya guys~! <3