(TSLF) Keep me warm

Drabbling through Eunhae's world (Two authors' game)

Prompt: It was hot hot summer and a thick storm was coming. Something hit the house he lives in but it wasn´t a lightning.

A/N: Why do I always feel like you drank too much alcohol, came up with some random prompts and thought it would be a good idea to give them to me? What am I supposed to start with this?? xD Anyway, here's my take on that prompt. 

WARNING: My writing lmao (italics are thoughts)

 

Keep me warm


Hyukjae took a glance out of his window. A storm was coming up, he even felt it in his bones. The first rain drops were already falling, the familiar sound ringing in his ears. Hyukjae never liked rain. It was wet and often left the streets dirty. 
He pulled his blanket over him and took his book to continue reading. After a long day, he was finally able to enjoy his evening a bit. His job as a dance instructor meant spending all his energy everytime but sometimes...sometimes he liked the feeling, knowing he doesn't have to move a lot anymore. He had to admit, though that coming home to an empty house was rather saddening for him. He needed to find a solution to his loneliness. All his friends had lovers or hybrids that welcomed them home warmly. 

A hybrid, hu. Someone who keeps you warm. Maybe I should also ge-

The man jumped when he heard a loud crash. Was it a lightning? It didn't smell like something was burning but he better check just to make sure.

Just when he was about to see where the noise came from, he heard a quiet meow from outside the window. A Cat?

He looked out of his window but saw nothing. When he was about to close it, he heard the noise again. Hyukjae took his umbrella and went outsight to look for the cat only to find a man rubbing his peculiar cat ears. He didn't know if he imagined the guy to have tears in his eyes or if it was rain. Given the way the obvious cat hybrid pouted and still rubbed his head, it was probably the first.

"Hey, are you okay?"

The guy, face only now completely visible for Hyukjae to see - and wow what a beautiful face it was - bit his lip and shook his head. 

"Where are you hurting?"

The moment he asked the hybrid the question he felt himself feeling like facepalming himself. It's obvious, genius.
Hyukjae looked at the hybrid's neck, just to see that there was no collar, the hybrid didn't belong to anyone. 

"I - I hit my head on your house... I'm sorry, please don't hit me! I-I was...I was just-"

Realizing that the guy in front of him was shaking up badly, probably not only because of the rain, he stretched out his hand for the cat on the floor that flinched further away from him.

"Please, please, I'm sorry!I didn't know where I was going! Please, don't hurt me! "
"Hey, no one is hurting you. Let me help you and we will warm you up in my house alright?" Hyukjae said with the nicest voice he could muster. His best friend, Kyuhyun, always said that he never sounded nice with his "annoying voice", no matter how much he tried to colour it in a warm tone but apparently, it was pleasant enough to make the scared cat look up to him and take his hand.

~ ~ ~

"So, your former owner was a jerkface?"

The cat hybrid, Donghae as he got to know later, nodded his head a bit, not daring to look at the human in front of him. He was too afraid that he would turn away, being disgusted by hearing his own life story and how he was abused.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. I really do. I swear you need to show me that ugly face some day and I will-" Hyukjae stopped with his threat when he relaized what he just said. He was indicating that he somehow liked Donghae enough to keep in touch with him and that's what the hybrid has also realized. It's not like Hyukjae didn't actually want to but he didn't know if Donghae was comfortable with that idea, after all, he had no good experience with humans. 

"Uh- Let's go to bed. It's already pretty late. You can sleep in my bed tonight, I'll just take the couch."

Donghae's eyes shone with a little spark as they followed Hyukjae's movements. He was so different from this man he ran away from. He kept him warm and dry, although they were strangers, he gave him food, he was allowed to shower. Hyukjae, his inner mind purred contently. 

"Good night, Donghae."
"Good night, Hyukjae."

When Donghae was tucked into the heavy blanket, he exhaled and grinned. This bed was more comfortable than the floor of his ex-master. His contentment was disrupted soon after because of a bright lightning and a following loud thunder roaring in his ears. His little scream made Hyukjae reappear and asking him whether he was okay. Donghae's cat ears moved a bit, indicating that he was scared and uncomfortable. 

"Can you please stay with me here? I swear, I'll be a good kitty!"

Donghae grabbed Hyukjae's wrist but let go immediately when he realized what he was doing. His master always punished him when he was touching him without permission, so he feared for the human's reaction. The cat hybrid waited for some screaming or even a hit from Hyukjae but instead, he felt a soft hand taking his hand and a low chuckle.

"Okay, fine. I hope you keep your promises."

The moment Donghae felt the warmth of Hyukjae next to him he felt a bit like he finally belonged somehwere.

~ ~ ~

Hyukjae woke up first the next day, no sign of a storm left. He looked to his left, seeing the cat hybrid snuggling into the pillow while his tail was moving a bit. It was such a cute sight, Hyukjae had to hold back not to squeal but he couldn't fight the small smile gracing his lips.

"Good morning, Hyukjae. Did you sleep well?"
"Good morning to you, too. I had a good night's sleep. How about you, though? Was everything fine? You weren't afraid anymore, right?"
"I'm fine."

The shy smile on Donghae's face was enough for Hyukjae to show him his ("ugly " "Oh, shut up, Kyuhyun.") gummy smile. Donghae purred, his ears wiggling along with his tail, showing he liked what he saw.

"Donghae, I- this is...This is just a suggestion, I'm not trying to force you or anything, of course. But uh, if you - want? You can stay with me from now-"

Suddenly, Hyukjae was tackled into his mattress, with a body over him. He felt how Donghae rubbed his face against his chest while purring and how his tail was wiggling excitedly. 

Reluctantly, he patted his head and grinned. Well, I guess I just found a solution for the both of us. 




A/N: The second time I thought about the prompt I thought abour rewritting everything to Donghae being cupid and somehow falling of the sky. Actually, I really like tha idea xD Thank you for reading! 
 


Anyway, NEW PROMPT FOR TESSA (I asked my friend for 3 random words that I should connect to a prompt and here we go):

The stage was his dream but so was drinking coffee with stage props. 

 

Good luck, my friend ;D