Chapter 1

Love Cell

Kai's face fills the screen and a man begging for his life at the suited man's feet. It seems that the suited man has given him plenty of chances, but still the man begs the suited man to save him. The suited man, who we still don't know who he is, doesn't seem to think that the begging man has really convinced him he wanted to live anyway, so he's not going to show any mercy.
 


The King of Romance (Kai), lifts and his pistol while the man begging for his life (Kris) looks on in horror, his face all tear-stained.
 

 
 


The King of Romance(kai) shoots and the victim wakes up with a start and a pain-filled grimace on his face. Either the dream shot is real, or he's got some pretty bad heart burn. Heart burn doesn't seem far from the truth what with falling asleep on his rooftop bench, surrounded by beer cans and junk food leftovers. And  those pieces of squid littered around him 

 


He inspects his chest to see if there really is a bullet hole, as a pepto-pink jello ball floats out from his chest into the atmosphere.  It seems that he's had this same nightmare before, so he's not too surprised and rolls over to chew on some squid while he introduces himself to us.
 

 
 


His name is Kris Wu. He's 25 and has been living a meaningless life for all those 25years. Jeepers, who's depressed over here! No job. No friends. No girlfriend. Maybe that has something to do with the terrible hygiene and fashion that Pepto-Pink floats around and confirms . Of course this leads him to question his very existence. So major existential crisis here à la late twenties breakdown.
 

(rin , his roomate and very curious cat)


 

 Pepto-Pink decides that now is the time to let kris know she's not just a glowing ball of goop by telling him to get a grip. He asks what she is and she explains that she's a love cell made from his body and that she escaped because she didn't want to die.
 

Screen%2Bshot%2B2014-11-04%2Bat%2B9.16.3
 

 

( pepto-pink)


kris decides that he's tired and this must be nonsense, and tries to close his eyes to get rid of her, but of course Pepto-Pink is having none of that. rin though is interested and her chops in anticipation of a new and exciting meal while Pepto-Pink frantically tries to figure out what this black-n-white fuzzy creature is that is about to chase and eat her.
 

 


A hop, skip, and a jump over kris and rin captures the glowing ball of goop. kris follows the Pepto-Pink blood trail to where an unrepentant rin is chowing down on the delicious goop that exclaims it's not supposed to be eaten and that it hurts to be eaten. kris asks rin what she's eating. She looks up, smiles a human like smile and lightning flashes across the Seoul skyline.
   

 
 


kris jumps back as a girl materializes where rin was sitting a moment before.

 


 

 


xiumin, our resident Jeet Kune Do (it's a hybrid martial arts form created by Bruce Lee ) instructor and neighbour, looks on while Pepto-Pink tries to convince kris that she is in fact real, and sort of how she is also his cat. hyorin tells him not to think too hard about it and that even though his cat is her, she's also still his love cell. . Of course kris not buying it and hyorin asks what will make him believe her. kris demands that if she is, that she turn back into rin as proof, which hyorin promptly does all in a poof of sparkly, pepto-pink dust.
 

 


It's all too much for kris and he passes out with xiumin neighbour looking rather impressed. hyorin thinks he's weird and then proceeds to slap him silly to the seaside  telling him to wake up while slapping him is certainly going to work at some point.

 

Screen%2Bshot%2B2014-11-04%2Bat%2B9.18.2


Once he finally regains consciousness, kris tells hyorin he was fine living by himself and he would rather she leave him alone. hyorin says nope, kris has to date! If he doesn't date within a month, then she dies. So she has rather a lot invested in whether he has a love life or not, which is all confusing because she is part of him
 

 


And so kris gets a Love Cell lecture on the three stages of Love Cell Death.:

Stage 1: the year period of time following a break-up where you don't notice time passing because it's all too painful.

Stage 2: When you're still single for a few years after the break-up and you start to become worried and then start to blame others for your miserable state.

Stage 3: Love Cell Death. You become emotionless and desensitized to everything around you

 
 


kris response: "Huh?" It seems that kris can't quite grasp the crisis Love Cell Death brings. hyorin explains he won't be able to communicate with the world, and will pretty much just become an emotionless, shriveled up squid. And he's only got a month to rectify this situation.
 

 
 


In a chipmunk-squid voice (and form), kris starts to acquiesce that hypothetically she might be right, and agrees to think about it. He's aware though that he's not exactly dateable right now and asks who would want to date him. She seems to think he's rather adorable as a squid. She mentions that despite his looks, he is dirty and unkempt, but she's an ace and has saved 99 other people just like him. He's a little disparaging of how much effort she's willing to put in just to become a star, and gets a hyorin glare in return.

hyorin glare is enough to motivate kris to think about what he needs to do . hyorin tell kris he has to date the rerson he likes the most . that's mean kris must date soyou , as in star and famous enough to be on billboard soyou . she can't juat be screensver , but soyou is supposed to become his girlfriend .This gets tricksier and tricksier! He thinks she's crazy and brattily says if hyorin call her  does she think she'll fall out of the sky? All that does is results in a billboard, with soyou on it . falling on top of kris