Where It All Started Pt. 2

Don't Leave Me Hyung!

A/N: Here is the second part of my update. This wasn't edited much, so I will probably make a few changes here and there, but I couldn't wait to post it!!!! Here I didn't really write in years and dates on purpose. After this chapter we are back to present time. Enjoy~~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV

"I went with my parents to meet with SM." Kyungmi kicked a nearby rock, frustration all over her features. "They said I won't be training with you. They want me to go into it slowly and start with changing schools. I have to go to a performing arts school and finish there. I only have some singing and dance lessons a few times a week to start." It wasn't suppossed to be like that. She wanted to train with Jinki and work hard to debut. She wanted to become the best like him. Now she would be forced to leave him. 

"Kyungmi. I'll get to see you every now and then at SM, maybe it won't be so bad, right? And...and they said it was for the best. I can't wait to see what you get to do, I bet it'll be cool." Jinki sighed, nudging his friend. He couldn't do anything about what was happening, but he didn't want her to give up. "You worked so hard for your audition. You should stay and show them how good you are."

"But if I leave, you might get busier and forget about me. I want to play with you and study and work on songs. I don't want to go," her tears began to fall, staining her white shirt. Her little world was collapsing around her. All the possibilities had been swimming around in her head for days.

Why couldn't she just stay with him? 

"We will be fine Kyunggie, I'll visit you all the time and I'll help you with all your music and if you have trouble with school, just call me. You're my best friend, and we can make it work." He pulled her into his arms. Jinki never really was someone that liked skinship, but he used it whenever he felt that it was neccesarry. It meant the world to Kyungmi that he hugged her then, making promises to not stop seeking each other. 

"Kyungmi, I promised to always protect you, and I will."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"W-where were you yesterday?" She sat in the middle of the dance room. She was tired from practicing, but she wanted to keep going. 

"Kyunggie, why don't you stop? We can go get something to eat, my treat." Jinki had stopped her music and stood by the door. He was sweating from his own rehearsal, but he felt bad for ditiching Kyungmi. 

"You didn't answer my question. Can you please turn the music back on? I need to get this just right." Kyungmi refused to look at him, turning back to the mirror to fix herself. 

"Kyungmi, you should relax and take a break. Rehearsing this much can't be good for you." Jinki closed the door and walked away from her music. 

"I just want the music to be back on and rehearse. If you won't talk, then turn it on. Please. Oppa." She was seething with anger. 

"I won't turn on the musi-"

"Can't you understand that I'm angry at you? Do you understand how long I waited for you outside? It was cold! I hadn't eaten yet! I was alone. I called you countless times, I texted you over and over again. I thought something had happened to you. It was dark by the time I got home. And yet, no answers. I had no clue if you had even gotten home until today, when I saw you in the hall about to go into dance rehearsal. If you can't explain yourself, then please leave me so I can work." She turned away from him completely, exhausted by the ordeal. 

"I-I'm sorry." Jinki began stepping away. "I forgot. Yesterday one of the other trainees texted me and invited me over to rehearse and play his new video game. I forgot I was going to pick you up."

"You forgot." She threw her towel towards him. "W-why didn't you answer my calls? Or my messages?" 

"I... I had my phone on silent. I forgot to look at it and when I did I was scared. I was scared of knowing what happened. I was scared because I had let you down. I knew that I messed up. I didn't know how to deal with it." He huffed and wiped his eyes. 

"I was teased again," she laughed bitterly. "The other students thought I was weird for waiting by myself. They thought my parents forgot me." It brought her memories of being bullied years before. "It was my first day in a brand new school, with brand new people and brand new teachers. And now they pity me. I just wanted to celebrate my first day in a new place with you! That's all I wanted." 

"You have no idea how guilty I felt. I didn't sleep last night and I thought of how to make it up to you. Please forgive me. Please," he pulled out a sheet of paper and handed it to her. "There I listed everything I can do to make it up to you. I regret what I did, and I won't do it again. I was stupid for not ansering."

"You're not stupid Jinki-oppa," Kyungmi unfolded the paper and let out a soft chuckle. Aish, I could never stay mad at this pabo. "But you're gonna have to do a lot to win me back." She pulled him into a quick hug and sighed. "I need to keep rehearsing though. You should do the same." She gave him a playful shove and moved back into position. "Please turn on my music."

Jinki finally did as told and waved to her before leaving.

He didn't know what to do with himself while he waited for Kyungmi, so he decided to explore the building. He had been training for a few months now and he had never given himself the chance to go look around. One by one, he went up each floor, peeking through all the windows. All he could really see were administrative offices and practice rooms of all kinds. He reached a door labled ROOF. It looked promising. 

Jinki walked out into the roof and went to the middle. It was relaxing to be out in fresh air. The sun was setting and he could see everything from that height. All of his worries escaped as he let himself take in everything this new hideout promised. He was so immersed in the view that he didn't hear someone else walk out into the roof. 

"H-hello?" A shy voice reached his ears and Jinki quickly turned around. A young looking boy peeked from behind the door looking scared.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't be here. I was just curious." He smiled and motioned the small boy to come closer. "I won't tell if you don't," he laughed and offered his hand, "my name is Jinki. What's yours?"

"Lee Taemin."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations Oppa!! Omo, I knew they would pick you. You are sooo lucky!" Kyungmi jumped up and down with excitement. "Wow, a band with four other guys. I'm jealous."

"I'm really sorry, it's just all the rehearsals have been taking over my time."

"Jinki-oppa, can't you even send me one message?"

"Kyunggie, I'm sorry! I haven't been myself lately."

"You haven't contacted me since I confessed."

"W-what?"

"Oppa, it's okay if you don't like me back. I just don't want to loose your friendship." Kyungmi sighed as her heart clenched inside her chest. She had been crying for days, waiting for his reply. She didn't care if he didn't want to date, she just wanted him in her life. She regretted ever putting their friendship in danger.

"I just don't know how I feel." Jinki heard the sadness in her voice. Guilt immediately flooded through him and he couldn't believe he had let her down again. His fears were getting the best of him.

"No, it's okay, I understand, I just wanted you to answer."

"I wanted to, but I didn't know what to say. I didn't want you to hate me."

"You just needed to answer Jinki. I was just upset that we couldn't talk. But.... I still want to see you."

Jinki sighed and bid goodbye before hanging up. He had never imagined their friendship to start to fall apart. They could barely write to each other, they barely called, and both were busier than ever. He jumped when he received a text messege. 

From: Taeminnie
To: Jinki-hyung
Key-hyung said we should all celebrate once we get together back at our dorm. Don't take too long!!!! ^.^

From: Hyunggie
To: Taeminnie
Maybe I'll bring some snacks. I'll be there as soon as I can. :)

Jinki sighed and walked up to a door. He had a day off and he had decided to visit family. His mother had spent hours with him and had refused to let go. Now, he stood in front of his father's apartment. He hadn't seen him much since their divorce, but he was still his father. Jinki checked himself on a nearby window and knocked. 

"Ah, Jinki," his father cleared his throat and stepped aside. "Please come in." Jinki bowed and stepped in quickly. "How have you been? Still chasing that silly dream of yours?" Mr. Lee seated himself in his living room, waiting for his son to join.

"I just came to say hello. I don't want to argue right now." Jinki moved to stand next to a chair and stood his ground. "I've been well, I've lost some weight and started exercising more. Today was one of my few days off, so I decided to come see you." Mr. Lee nodded slowly.

"How are you father?"

"I've been better. The company is still going through some rough times, but we're getting out of it." Jinki slowly took a seat, watching his fathers every move.

"But, I do have to say... Jinki I'm disappointed you never told me you had debuted in a band."

"I didn't want to tell you because you think it's a waste of time. It's nothing important." He tried to relax himself, knowing this could take a turn for the worse. 

"Tell me more about it. Is it what you wanted? You're with what? Four other boys? You're finally making music. Just how you wanted it." Mr. Lee looked oddly calm as he talked. he pulled out a printed article and threw it on the coffee table. 

"I'm happy with where I am in life at the moment. Yes, I'm with four other guys, and it's a lot of work, but I enjoy it."

"Jinki, you look awfully close to them," Mr. Lee pulled up a file and started throwing more pictures of Jinki with the rest of SHINee on the coffee table. "They are my friends, of course I'm close to them." Jinki made sure to not get worked up. This wasn't looking good. 

"Is this how friends behave? I didn't know I could give My friends at work backhugs, or touch their thighs, or even carress their ear." Mr. Lee set the file down and looked straight to his son.

"Jinki, tell me are you gay?"

"W-what?"

"That's what it looks like Jinki! Say it, are you gay?"

"What in the world are you talking about father? What does that have to do with anything?"

"Lee Jinki. I will not have my only son turn gay because he thinks he can't get women. It's wrong. If you need help, I can pay for you to go see a therapist. You'll work through this." Mr. Lee got up and offered Jinki a business card.

"Father, I don't need help. I'm fine. I'm too busy with work to get in a relationship at the moment. I don't want to argue, I just wanted to see how you were." Jinki refused the card and crossed his arms. 

"Jinki, you better take this card. It's embarrassing explaining to my coworkers that you're fine, that you get girls all the time. You need help."

"No father, I don't."

"Why won't you listen to me?! You're making a mistake."

"I don't know if I'm gay or not, but even if I were I would want you to support me." Jinki got up and bowed. "Maybe I should go."

"Get out. I will never support something so wrong. Come back when you're past this phase. If you're not, then you're out of this family." Mr. Lee turned away and picked up his papers.

"Good bye father."

"GET OUT."

Jinki rushed out of the apartment and ran out the building as fast as he could. The moment he was outside he sat down on a nearby bench and let out a long breath. Tears were threatening to fall as he looked at all of his missed texts and phone calls. He had never expected much from his father, but he had never thought his own father would kick him out. Jinki was confused, tired and upset. Why had this happened today of all days? Kyungmi was upset at him, his father hated him, and none of the other members of SHINee knew anything. It's best I keep it that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, let's go get some ice cream!" Taemin bounced around happily. "We have another day off, and we should take advantage of it!"

"Neh, I'll go get my wallet and sweater. You go get ready too," Jinki stood form his place and stretched. "We'll spend the day out." He moved to his room and made sure to not forget his phone. That same moment it started to ring.

Kyungmi

He hadn't seen her in years. 

"Annyong Jinki-oppa. I just called to let you know that I am officially in SM. All the years of hard work have payed off. I hope I can see you later!!"