Interrupted Plans

Don't Leave Me Hyung!

A/N: Ok, so I debated long and aphard about whether or not to make this a long or short chapter. Since it's gonna be a chartered story I decided to make it a little shorter this time around because I don't want to give away too much. For now it's mostly gonna be in Taemin's point of view, it might go to Jinki's later on. Oh! And I'll try to post as much as possible!!!! Hope you enjoy.

p.s. The italics paragraph is a dream.

.............................................................

 

Taemin's POV
 
Growing up with the person you love by your side has never been easy for me. Okay, so maybe I didn't always know that I loved Jinki-hyung, or when it happened, all I need to know is that it happened and now I'm trapped. I love Jinki more than I have ever loved anyone before, but why is it easy to say out loud only when I'm by myself? I have tried to confess countless times, but it seems that whenever hyung shows up I turn into a mumbling mess and chicken out. Maybe I should buy him chicken to soften him up before doing it....?
 
It has been three days. 
 
Three days since I decided to finally man up and confess Jinki-hyung. I've been hiding my feelings for years and I want to confess before someone else does. I've seen the way some of the makeup and cordi noonas look at him. I mean come on, who wouldn't fall for Jinki's charm? He was perfect. That's why my confession has to be perfect.
 
Jinki isn't just any guy to me. He isn't just some silly crush, or someone I'm going after due to hormones. He is my best friend, my go-to person, my role model, and my hero. We have come to live out our dreams next to each other and he deserves nothing but the best. By now it doesn't matter if he rejects me. As long as he remains close to me after (whether it be as friends or lovers) I will be happy.  
 
 
The hardest part of it is that I have no clue as to what he feels towards me. Hyung isn't the best at expressing his emotions, even with me, he tries to hide anything that would upset me. I've told him it's not healthy, but Jinki is stubborn and keeps everything to himself anyways. All I know is that he's never really had a long committed relationship, or even kissed anyone. Neither have I, but that's beside the point. I need to show him that if he decides to be with me I will be faithful and caring til the end (of time, keep your thoughts positive Lee Taemin!!) 
 
I just have to execute the perfect confession. How hard could that be? 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Nobody's POV
 
Jinki adjusted his glasses as he finished placing his coffee order. His stomach grumbled loudly, making him blush. Maybe we can get some chicken later.. He shrugged and made his way back to his table. A pair of hazel eyes met his brown ones once he reached his seat. The place was full of people (it was lunch hour) but the sound of a heel clicking under the table rather impatiently didn't fail to reach Jinki's ears. 
 
"Thank you for meeting me on short notice. I hope it wasn't too much trouble oppa," The girl bowed her head, her hands tucked neatly in her lap. "Don't worry about it. It's my day off, and I was hoping we could catch up." Jinki's gentle smile seemed to soften the atmosphere immediately. 
 
"Well, I don't know for how long we will be talking, so dinner is my treat!" She mirrored his smile and took out an envelope from her bag. "I have really important things to discuss with you."
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Taemin's POV
 
"Come oooooooonnnnn Teamin, take my place and go shopping with Key. Jinki-hyung went to meet up with one of his friends, I know how you like going with Key. Anyways, isn't it your turn to go?" Jonghyun on top of me, putting all his effort into his puppy dog face. Everyone knows I can't be won over so easily. 
 
"But hyung!!! I have things to do, can't you ask Minho-hyung to go with him?" I discreetly pushed Jonghyun right off my lap. "Anyways, I thought Umma said you were the best shopping partner in the whole group. You wouldn't want to anger dear Umma, would you?" I heaved a deep sigh and let out a fake sob. That seemed to do the trick.
 
"Omo!!!! Taemin don't be upset with me!!! Your favorite Hyung will take care of it-"
 
"But hyunggie isn't even here!!!!!" Jonghyun gave me a sheer look of panic at that. "What am I gonna do when Umma gets upset that I couldn't go? I.... I j-just wanted to finish some school s-stuff..."
 
"No no no no no! I'm you're favorite remember? Key isn't that bad, I'm sure he won't be mad at you!! I'll take care of it, okay?" He stood from the floor and patted my head. He swallowed thickly and looked back before leaving the room. "I'll get you some ice cream on the way back." He sent me a quick smile and hurried out of our room. 
 
I picked up my pen off of the floor and picked up my notebook once again. I had just lost precious planning time thanks to that Dino. It's fun messing with him. 
 
I waited until I heard the front door close before I started to write again. My bed was flooded with wadded up pieces of paper and different pencils and highlighters. 
 
What about a picnic at our favorite park? Or what about the first restaurant hyung took me to? What if I got the dorm to ourselves? I ripped up my nth piece of paper and pulled my laptop onto my bed. Maybe I should take a break before I drive myself insane. I began watching funny videos before I slowly fell asleep. 
 
.............................
 
I found myself in a dark hallway. It looked a lot like the dorm, but it seemed different, odd. I heard sounds coming from the end of the hall. Curiosity got the best of me and I made my way towards it. A wave of dread filled me and each step I took towards the door made me feel heavy. "Hello?" No one replied, but as I got closer I started to hear voices. There were two people. I could recognize one, it was Jinki! Who is the othe-
 
"Taemin? Onew-hyung is back. He brought us some dinner, you should come get some before its cold." Minho shook me awake softly and stood awkwardly as I got out of bed. I gulped and took a quick look around. It had just been a dream, Taemin, nothing happened. 
 
"Mmm, I smell chicken. Silly hyung must have known Key-umma wasn't home." I laughed and moved towards the kitchen. 
An odd sight greeted me. Jinki was sitting at our table with a girl besides him. 
 
"Hyung?" 
 
"Hello! My name is KyungMi, nice to meet you." She looked like she was my age, maybe a year older.
 
"Taemin, this is the girl I was talking about, she'll be coming here often. We need to discuss her upcoming album and the music video concept." Jinki-hyung smiled at me, waiting for my reaction. 
 
"Ah, n-nice to meet you! I am Lee Taemin. P-please let me know if you need anything... Hyung' friends are welcome a-anytime!" I gave one of my best smiles and bowed to her. For some reason I didn't have a good feeling about this. I hoped I could trust her.