I'll Never Let You Go

Don't Leave Me Hyung!

A/N: Hi guys! I'm back to this after my long unexpected hiatus. I finally sorted my wifi at my apartment. It was sooo hectic. And then the laptop refused to update everything at once. BUT! I'm back with this update! YAY! Here we get some resolution. It's the final 'main' chapter. I just have one more that will be a bonus/epilogue. 

Thank you for patiently waiting. I am grateful for the subcribes and all the wonderful comments. Feel free to keep commenting! I love your feedback. Even if it is to just say hi! Anyways, enjoy!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV

No one knew that the maknae and the leader were dating. Both had decided to keep it a secret until everything else had settled. To the others their relationship seemed to have turned back to normal. There was no more awkward tension floating around in the dorm, it almost seemed like it had disappeared overnight. 

Everything seemed to have calmed down and fallen into place. Jinki, however, wanted to fix one more thing before he finally announced his relationship to his friends. 

If he knew anything, there was one person that was opposed to this more than anyone else. 

His father.

Despite their estranged relationship, Mr. Lee kept tabs on his son throughout his success in the industry. He knew about every scandal Jinki had been in up to date. Jinki had a feeling that had hired someone to keep an eye o him. He was going to use that to his advantage.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you want to do this? What if it escalates quickly?" Kyungmi fixed her dress and checked her hair in the rearview mirror for the nth time. 

"I have been waiting years to do this, it's overdue." Jinki glanced at his watch. It was almost show time. "Remember, be polite no matter what he says. He ca be a bit...unsensitive."

"I still remember the first time I met him, It was one of the most scarring experiences of my life." She sighed, "He did his best to be polite to me, and insulted you indirectly. When you broke out into a fight I thought I was going to have to call the cops." A shiver ran down her spine. 

"If anything happens, I will make sure you leave fast. You shouldn't have anything like this on your record so soon," Jinki stopped her before she could walk away from him. "Hey, hey, look at me," he turned her around, "thank you for doing this for me. It means a lot. You've helped me out so much in the past couple of months. you a-"

"Don't worry about it oppa," Kyungmi chuckled. "I once said, you do what you can for those you love. You've been my hero for so many years, I finally feel like I am being the friend you've needed all along." 

"You always were that friend, so I hope that you will find your perfect other half. I will interrogate anyone who is up for the position and question their motives and any accomplishments," Jinki wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oppa, you're too much," she giggled, "come on, we have to focus. We have to pull this off yet again. Taemin said he was almost finished getting ready." 

"Let's go, Kyunggie."

They took carefully precise steps as they walked up to the door. It was a new apartment, bigger and nicer than the one before.  After taking in their surroundings the two took a deep breath before knocking. Jinki counted in his head Five... four... three... two... one. The door opened abruptly. There stood a tall man looking slightly down on them. Kyungmi swore she could hear her heartbeat echo down the hall. 

"Jinki."

"Father, how are you?" Jinki bowed his head politely.

"I've been well. Is this the lady you said was accompanying you?" His face remained neutral. 

"I guess you could say that."

"I thought you might have been sneaking around lately. My hunch was right. It's nice to see that you finally listened to me. It's Miss Song, isn't it?" Mr. Lee turned to Kyungmi with a small (yet slightly terrifying) smile. "Pleasure to see you again."

"Thank you, Mr. Lee," Kyungmi bowed 90 degrees out of respect. "It's... nice to see you again." Her smile never faltered. She knew they were playing a very dangerous game, with a man whose power only seemed to have grown over the past two years. Dinner was served in silence and sound reappeared once a bottle of wine was opened. Kyunmi shuddered in her seat. A sense of deja vu was filling her. It was game time. 

"I hear your band has been doing rather well. Congratulations son," Mr. Lee rose his glass. "You have finally become the man I envisioned. And you can always come back to the company." 

"Thank you father, I have been working hard along with my bandmates."

"Ah, yes, your friends."

Kyungmi cleared . It was too early for arguments. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss Song if I have ignored your prescence. How have you been? I'm guessing your finishing up your studies." 

"Actually, I have joined SM as well, and am about to debut." She remained cool. 

"I see," he turned towards his son. "So you even date within the music industry. Within your company." Jinki smiled and nodded. 
"I'm happily dating someone who has the same interests as me and makes me happy." 

"I had thought you might have dated someone within my company, but Miss Song seems suitable for you." Another poke at Jinki's pride. 

"We've been friends for a long time, it's only natural we would eventually try dating." Kyungmi sent him a big smile, "please sir, you can call me Kyungmi." 

"Of course, Kyungmi, I'm sure you'll end up being my daughter in law, you're such a charming woman." Mr. Lee glanced towards his son, carefully reaching over to pat his shoulder, once. "You finally got rid of those urges. Even though it took a beautiful woman to make you see the light, I'm glad you're back." That was it.

"What do you mean see the light?"

"Well, that Taemin boy, you wre certainly not going to end up with him. You needed to come down from the clouds."

"Taemin did nothing wrong, and those weren't just urges." Jinki snapped back. 

"Jinki, what matters is that you have Kyungmi now, don't let her go. I'm sure your mother approves of her as well," he pushed his plate away. 

"I'm sure she approves of her as well, when I spoke to her she said she will back me up no matter who I pick in the end." 
"Then why are you snapping at me when you've chosen?"

"Jinki.." Kyungmi gripped his elbow, warning him. 

"You see, Kyungmi and I did date, it was fun and I love her, but we are more like siblings. I don't see her as anything more than what we were before." Jinki stood and fixed his suit. 

"Well, then I apologize for the confussion. I thought Jinki was bringing his girlfriend." Mr. Lee glanced back at Kyungmi. "I thought you were in a relationship, son."

"I am, it's just not with Kyungmi." Jinki moved to place his hands on her shoulders. "When we were dating, I discovered a very important fact."

"Which is..?"

The doorbell sounded. 

"Oh, my real date is here." Jinki left to open the door. The sound of shuffling feet echoed off the wall. He didn't take long to reappear behind his friend. 

"Where is your girlfriend?" Mr. Lee shook off the look of confusion. "What are you doing Jinki?" 

"In the bathroom, refused to let me give directions." Jinki shrugged. "Father, I'm a grown man. I've seeked your approval for as long as I remember. We have had countless arguments where neither one of us was able to reach the other. You don't understand my hopes and dreams and I don't understand the way you work. We could either agree to start learning about each other and end this feud, or," Jinki forced his hands to stop shaking, "we can agree to disagree and I will stop bothering you, and you can stop bothering me. I've been trying to reach for you for far too long. I'm tired of trying so hard." He heard shuffling getting closer. "I want you to meet my special date." 

Mr. Lee looked skeptical, "who is your girlfriend Jinki?" He wasn't prepared. 

The footsteps stopped right as Jinki reached out a hand. "My name is Lee Taemin." he bowed 90 degrees and sent a small smile in the man's direction. "Nice to meet you Mr. Lee."

The silence that followed was extremely uncomfortable. No one moved. Mr. Lee was frozen in shock, Kyungmi swore her heart was about to burst, Jinki gripped Taemin's hand, offering security. Taemin was glad he had gone to the bathroom first. 

"Jinki, are you telling me you dumped Kyungmi for Taemin?" Mr. Lee broke first, taking a much needed sip of ice water. 

"Yes."

"Then what the hell did you realize when you were dating poor Kyungmi?" He didn't seem to want to let go of the water. 

"I realized that I hadn't really paid attention to her, or any other girls in the past because," he tugged Taemin closer, "I'm gay."
Mr. Lee spit his water out. "No, no Jinki." He kept shaking his head. "I don't even want to look at you right now." He pointed at the door. 

"Get out."

"Father, is this-"

"Get out!" 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe he took it so well," Kyungmi threw her sock bun as soon as they got back to the dorm. 

"I thought he was going to start throwing things before I even finished," Jinki laughed. "It's the first time I've seen him speechless. He didn't know what to say." Taemin snickered to himself as he snuck off towards the kitchen. "Now we have four more idiots to tell."

Kyungmi laughed and shook her head. "You better tell them before they wake up in the middle of the night to find out that a certain maknae isn't so innocent anymore." She wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Yah! You're just as bad as Jonghyun! I'm not that type of man. We are taking time." Jinki pouted and turned away from her. 

"Hyunggie!!" 

"Coming Tae!" Jinki obediently followed his boyfriend to the kitchen. Kyungmi shook her head, giggling at his actions. 

"I can't open the banana milk, can you do it for me?" Taemin batted his eyelashes.

 "I thought you were saving this for a special occasion?" Jinki took the bottle anyways. "I was, but then noona brought me some more." He smirked knowingly.

"You're just using her to get your prescious drink." Taemin pouted, "hyung, how could you say that? Noona is soooo nice, I just happen to appreciate all the gifts." "Hey, I want your attention on me, I want to shower you with more presents than anyone else." He leaned in, head dangerously close to Taemin's. "Besides, there are presents only I can give to you." 

A soft gasp left Taemin's lips as their lips met once again. He was always amazed at how perfectly they fit together. Lips never fully parting from one another, limbs tangled together and hair all over the place, nothing made Taemin happier than sweet moments like these. 

That is, until a certain midget singer coughed. 

And of course, he wasn't alone. 

"LEE JINKI GET AWAY FROM MY PRESCIOUS BABY. HE IS NOT GOING TO BE DEFLOWERED IN THE KITCHEN." Key fumed as he set his bags down. "I leave you for a MINUTE as I go get some very important things and come back to this?! I thought you two were just friends!!!" 

"I totally saw this coming," Minho shrugged and hi-fived Jinki. "Way to go hyung. Just make sure to not do it where I eat." 

"Well, now that we know something is up, it's okay to be more public about it. I mean I wouldn't really oppose to it." His nose started dripping blood. Key didn't miss the opportunity to smack his head. "No, not my baby." 

Taemin laughed, hiding behind Jinki. "Don't worry Key-umma. You're the best." 

Key walked away mumbling something about 'of course I am the best. My poor baby.'

Jonghyun followed behind, wrapping his arm around him, throwing a wink back at the leader. 

"Well, now they all know," Jinki pulled Taemin close again. "You're all mine." 

They heard a phone ringing over in the living room and a very enthusiastic "Annyong oppaaaa." follow after. 

"How the hell is everyone in a relationship now?" Minho stormed to his room.

'We really need to find him a girlfriend." Taemin snuck his arms around Jinki. "But as of right now, I want to go watch a movie with my boyfriend." 

"Are you sure that's all you want to do?" Jinki smirked in reply. 

"Maybe, maybe more," Taemin slipped away and walked off to Jinki's room, swaying his hips seductively."Aren't you coming?"

"Be right there!" Jinki his lips as he remembered their earlier conversation. 

"Taemin, I didn't want to bring you into this at first, but I need to do this. I want to tell everyone about how much I love you, but even telling just one person is enough. Please don't be scared."

"You promise me to stay by my side while he talks, hyung?" 

"Yes, I'll even hold your hand the whole time. You'll come in after I speak to him first. I have to make sure that he doesn't break before you come in." He paused, "Taemminnie, we are so close to finally being able to be together. I've been dreaming of this day for ages."

"I've been dreaming longer" 

"But I think I fell for you first."

"I fell for you when I met you. I think I can easily win this argument." Taemin laughed. "Try harder old man." 

"I love you Taemin. You are so prescious. And you are all mine."

"And you are all mine hyung."

"I'll never let you go."