Advices for the Troubled Soul

All is Falling Down

When Baekhyun woke up, in his room, he looked up to see Jongin staring at him.

“I fainted didn’t I?” he asked, raising a hand to cover his eyes.

“You did.” agreed Jongin “But Dr. Lee, your therapist, came around and checked you out. He said you were fine and that it was probably due to lack of sleep and stress.”

“Awesome.” He grunted. “Why was he here on the first place?”

“He wanted to warn you that your session is going to be on SM quarters, since he knows you have practice.”

“Oh joy!”

“You don’t like him?”

“It’s not that. I am okay with him; he is nice and listens well but the therapy, aside from being pointless, since I’ve been talking about the exact same things ever since SM delegated him to me, is not something I enjoy.”

“I get your point.”

“I mean everything was starting to get better, I was having less nightmares and less panic attacks but, since a couple of years back, everything had come back full force and I am actually tired of it!”

“It must be tiring but Baekhyun hyung, remember that we, all of the members, are here for you at any moment, at any time, okay?”

Baekhyun had to smile at that. Uncovering his eyes, he gazed at their second youngest. He was really proud of the man that Jongin had become along the years: a mature, responsible, sensible and sensitive person. No wonder Chanyeol was so in love with him.

“Thank you Jongin. That really means a lot.” He said softly before playfully adding “You and Chanyeol are definitely my favorite!”

“What about Minseok hyung?” asked Jongin with a smirk on his lips.

“I..what..I mean…” stuttered Baekhyun blushing prettily. “How do you know about that?”

“Aside from the fact that Minseok was very obvious, your conversation with Sehun was a clear indication. He murdered Minseok hyung with his eyes, especially after Minseok took you away from him when you fainted. Sehun actually caught you before you hit the ground, so you should really thank him for not having a sore head.”

Baekhyun grimaced. While the conversation he had with Baekhyun brought him a sense of peacefulness and actually lifted a weight from his shoulders, it had also left him with a bitter taste in the mouth and a heavy heart. It wasn’t what he wished for, it had taken him a lot of thinking to reach that decision but it the end it was the best for everyone.

Sensing the change in Baekhyun’s mood, Jongin asked softly if everything was okay.

“Everything is okay Jongin, don’t mind me. It’s just that conversation toke a lot of me.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“There isn’t much to tell. It just…I felt a little bit unsettled by his reaction. I’ve never seen him so hurt and the purpose of the conversation was not to hurt him but to settle things.”

“I know and he knows that too. Give him some time to process everything. That’s the advice I can give you at the moment.”

“You advices are always the best Jongin.”

Jongin smiled at the way his hyung’s mood seemed to lift; however he wanted to ask the other about the earlier events.

“Baekhyun…I don’t want to intrude but about the packages you’ve been receiving…”

“I don’t know what to tell you Jongin except for the fact that they are completely scaring the crap out of me. I am freaked out beyond reason and I’m actually asking myself if I am being paranoid or this is all justified.”

“I think that, for security reasons, is better for you not to be alone when you go out. I don’t know if this is a prank or this is serious but you need to be cautious and so do we; we can’t take any chances. I am not trying to impose but I feel like this is needed. So promise me hyung that you’ll take anyone with you if you want to go out.”

“I promise Jongin, don’t worry.”

Jongin gave his hyung a hug. He was worried for Baekhyun and his safety; he would lie to nobody about that, not even to Baekhyun as he was a frontal person and, as discussed, he didn’t want to talk on his hyung’s back, it was simply not is style.

 

 

 

 

 

After a few more moments of chatting and all around forgetting about the package incident; which Baekhyun didn’t really want to remember that, someone knocked on the door and to Jongin and Baekhyun’s dismay, Sehun entered the room.

The tension in the air was crackling and Jongin, in all honesty, wanted to flee from the room but Baekhyun was holding his hand and it made him want to stay.

“I just wanted to ask you: how you are feeling.”

“”I’m better now. Thanks for asking.”

“That’s good. Junmyeon hyung is asking everyone to climb down. Our driver is here.”

“Okay. Tell Junmyeon that we are coming down in a second.”

“Actually…can I talk with you for a bit Baekhyun? If you don’t mind that is.”

At the others words, Baekhyun didn’t know what to answer, he looked at Jongin as if to ask for help. Jongin gave him a smile and removed his hand, oh so gently, from Baekhyun.

“I’ll be leaving you alone then.”

Baekhyun looked at him pleadingly, asking to stay, but Jongin just whispered him to hear Sehun out.

As soon as Jongin was out of the room, Sehun’s mouth was quick to open.

“This morning you and I had a conversation and you made your point pretty clear, however, due to circumstances, I didn’t had the chance to say anything back to you.”

The conversation had only started and Baekhyun was kind of surprised at the younger’s calm demeanor.

“I get everything you said and, as much as it pains me to admit, you are right; I kept on pushing and pulling you and that wasn’t right. I have respect for you and looking back I feel quite ashamed to do something like that, therefore I would like to apologize. Also I would like you to know that despite everything I do really like you, even if my actions proved you the contrary, and I like to ask you to continue to be my friend, my hyung, because you are an indispensable part of me.” Sehun had much more to say, there was many things, swimming in his head and in his heart but the chose to say a limited and safe amount of words. “Regarding Minseok hyung… I would like to say to go for it if it makes you happy. I can see that he likes you and maybe you like him too. I know that you don’t need my approval or even want it but I just wanted you to know.”

Baekhyun was speechless; he was looking at Sehun, he was hearing him saying all those words but, in a way, he didn’t really understand them. Shakily, he nodded to the other, who nodded back, turning away to leave, not without adding:

“I’ll see you downstairs.”

Sehun walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. He breathed deeply twice in order not to cry. While his words where absolutely sincere, there was much he hadn’t said. He had a good conversation with Junmyeon before talking to Baekhyun and the elder’s soothing and wise words had helped him greatly; after the talk he had with Baekhyun, Sehun was left shocked to the core which was only made worst when the latter had passed out; after Minseok and Chanyeol, along with the Dr., had taken Baekhyun to his room, with a trailing Jongin. Tao had volunteered himself to clean everything and hide the evidences of the package and Junmyeon had approached him sensing, as he always did, the troubled aura around the youngest. He still remembers the moment, minute by minute.

 

After everyone made sure Sehun was sure that Baekhyun was alright, he had abandoned the room. It was simply suffocating being in the same room as Baekhyun, more so if Minseok was in said room, fussing over the passed out man. He leaned against a wall on the corridor and sat there, back against the wall, simply breathing slowly through his nose.

“What are you doing there maknae?”

Sehun had truly been startled at Junmyeon’s voice; he didn’t hear the door close so either he was very distracted or the other had been very quiet.

“I just standing here I guess.”

“I thought that you’d still be in the room, being Baekhyun and all.”

“It was too crowded in there. And he has Minseok hyung, so he doesn’t really need me.”

Sensing the bitterness behind the words, Junmyeon sat down next to Sehun, intending to make the other talk.

“What’s on your mind? Talk to me maknae.”

“It’s confusing hyung. All of this is confusing. I had my talk with Baekhyun and thought that maybe we could sort everything out but you know me, I can’t keep my temper, and I asked him a bunch of questions about Minseok. I guess that was one the breaking point for him; he basically told me he wanted nothing more to have with me!”

“Baekhyun didn’t really just say that, did he? He’s a sensible person and he wouldn’t do that without giving you a motive.”

“He said that he was tired, tired of me hurting him; the harshness in one minute and the cuteness on the other. I guess that I was just too much for him. He also informed that he’s thinking that Minseok could make him happy hence the reason of giving him a chance.”

“To be fair, you were a little brat to him and he was always very nice to you; he always made sure that you were fine in every possible way.”

“True…”

“I don’t really understand why this is bothering you so much.”

“If I knew I wouldn’t be as frustrated as I am…”

Could it be that maybe, just maybe, you do like Baekhyun?”

“I don’t know.” exploded Sehun and hitting the floor with his fists. ”Everyone is asking me that or saying that I am, but I don’t know, because every time I heard of love and affection, people talk about the process of falling for someone, it’s always about the noticeable evolution of feelings and I don’t feel any changes. And everyone is pushing and teasing and it drives me insane.”

Junmyeon felt extremely guilty of always joking and pushing Sehun’s buttons because of Baekhyun. Did his and his fellow members jokes were the cause of Sehun’s behavior towards Baekhyun sometimes? He swallowed hard and shook his head before speaking.

“The way you speak of love is so clinical Sehun. Love doesn't work that way, it’s not the same for everybody nor is it everything you read on books or see on movies, each person experiences it in different ways. You don’t have to expect fireworks or a marching band.”

“I asked Jongdae hyung. He said that he felt differently about Kyungsoo at one point and that’s when he realized, when the fireworks started.”

“You asked the possibly worst person ever; I really didn’t think you would ask the biggest troll on the story of ever. Jongdae was probably messing with your head.” commented a horrified Junmyeon.

“Oh…”

“Oh Sehun you silly maknae! Why didn’t you talk to somebody else?”

“I didn’t think of it. Now I am even more confused.” muttered Sehun hiding his face between his hands.

“Have you ever thought that maybe or feelings never changed because you always liked him enough that the line between affection and love became blurred and you didn’t noticed the difference between liking him and loving him?”

“Maybe…Do you think I like him?”

“I can’t answer that for you but there is undeniable affection between you two.”

“I’m so confused

“What is Baekhyun to you? What does he represent? How do you feel next to him?”

“He’s like sunlight in a way, I guess. He just brightens everything around him. And he has a capacity of love everybody with every cell in his being that surprises me every time; it doesn’t matter that sometimes you’re rude to him, he just does it. He’s great, he’s fantastic…and hyung I’m not really good with words.”

Junmyeon pondered about the other’s words a bit, thinking about them carefully before speaking.

“Sehun let me give you and advice. If you want to know for sure how you feel about him, just try to interact with him in a natural, relaxed way, without being a complete brat, the rest will come naturally and there will be a moment where you’ll look at him and either you’ll see the face of a person you love or you’ll see the face of someone who is a really good friend. Don’t think about it too much, feel it, you are better with actions than with words. Just don’t take too long.”

 

Sehun had listened well to his hyung advice; he had pondered over it and gave it much thought in hopes of reaching a conclusion. He wasn’t sure how he felt about Baekhyun; he didn’t know what word could describe his feelings for the older man. As he told Junmyeon, nothing had changed and he didn’t feel any major changes in his relationship with Baekhyun but, as Junmyeon had put it, maybe there was nothing to change in the first place.

For some reason, it had hurt him as hell to talk to Baekhyun but everyone was right: he had unintentionally hurt his hyung and there was no way of justifying that, not that he intended to. As Junmyeon said, well, implied, he needed to mature, take more responsibility for his actions and especially, think more about what he said or done because he needed to think more about others, which he neglected to do so far.

More than anything it had hurt to have this talk because he felt that he was giving Baekhyun away to Minseok and he didn’t like that; he didn’t like the feeling that bloomed every time he thought about it: the weight on his heart and the jealousy, but he was so confused, he didn’t know about love, he wasn’t aware of what he was supposed to feel. Maybe he really should think more with his heart and be less clinical with it. He just hoped that, if it was love indeed, he would make in time, because right now Minseok and Baekhyun were half way to a happy relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had been puzzled by Sehun and his words, it had shown him a different side of Sehun and he didn’t know what to think of it. He didn’t have much time to think about it because Minseok grabbed his hand as soon as he climbed down the stairs, where everyone was expecting him.

“Come on Baekhyun, we have to go.”

“I can offer you a ride to the SM building Baekhyun.” suggested Dr. Lee with a smile.

“You can give me and Jongin a ride too, since we are all going there, that way Junmyeon, Minseok, Sehun and Tao can take just one car.” commented Chanyeol with a smile.

“Of course.” agreed the Doctor.

They all climbed into the cars, happily chatting and ignoring, for the moment, the lingering tension between several members, ignoring the saesangs loitering around

If they could hear the thoughts around them, lingering in the air and left by all of the people around them, they would have heard an eerie voice that would have scared them all:

 

“Just three more days and you’ll be mine.”

 

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone and worry for the delay with this chapter but work is being really hectic lately and my writiing time suffered a bit with it. However, here it is the newest chapter of my story. This was was like a filler chapter focusing on Sehun's perspective on all things, I felt that he should have some sort of justification for his actions and this chapter explains it. I hope you all like it and if so, let me know.
A big hug to you all, have a brilliant day. Love you.