Let Me Love You

All is Falling Down

Everything was silent when Baekhyun regained consciousness, except for an irritating beeping noise coming from somewhere near his head.

He opened his slowly, blinking repeatedly due to the bright lights flooding his vision. He let a groan past his lips and almost immediately a voice reached to him, startling him, making him bring his hands to his face rapidly.

“Baekhyun?”

He turned his head slowly, lowering his hands, to find Kyungsoo looking at him with wide eyes.

“K-Kyun-Kyungsoo?” he stuttered.

“Yes, it’s me. Are you okay?”

“Am I dreaming again?”

The question threw Kyungsoo completely off guard; the soft voice and the almost sad tone made his heart clench.

“You’re not. You’re safe in the hospital.”

“I am?”

Baekhyun’s tone was full of wonder, like the young man himself didn’t really believed that after all he had gone through, he had the possibility of being safe again. Kyungsoo approached the other and hugged him to his chest.

“You are Baek. You are!”

He felt, more than he heard, the sob being ripped out of Baekhyun’s frail body; his chest heaved once and the tears were pouring out of his eyes. Kyungsoo squeezed him tight, mumbling nonsense against his hair, while Baekhyun just sobbed his poor little heart out into Kyungsoo’s shirt, clutching it tightly in his fist.

It took a long time for Baekhyun to stop crying but Kyungsoo didn’t really mind; he just held him and rocked him.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to go crying on you.”

“Don’t be, better out than repress it all in.”

Kyungsoo took a moment to gaze at his friend, absorbing the state the other was in, while he wiped the tears from his red cheeks. Baekhyun was always the petite kind of person; tiny hyung, like some members would call him, but he looked a little bit thinner, just enough to start showing on his face. However, what saddened him the most was the multitude of bruises, gashes and welts on the other skin. Some of the gashes were covered by white gauze and there was a butterfly bandage on a wound above his eye, which seemed to be the only wound he was sporting on his face.

“How are you though, Baekhyun?”

“Honestly? I am not even sure.” replied Baekhyun with a sigh moving his hand to scratch at this wound, before Kyungsoo gently moved his hand away, leaving Baekhyun pouting.

“Why is that?”

“It’s a mix of feelings right now. I am confused. I’m not really sure what happened; I’m still hoping that this is a dream, even though I just grabbed you; I’m glad to be here, even if I’m at the hospital. I just don’t know.”

“But I think you are doing quite well considering the fact that you were abducted and held in a basement or whatever for a week. I am actually surprised at how well you are handling this.”

“I had a conversation with Chanyeol once and he told me that, in order to live the present at its fullest, we have got to stop dwelling on the past, not forget, simply acknowledge it, and move forward and that is what I’m trying to do I guess. Move forward. Embrace the fact that I am okay and that I’ll be okay.”

“Chanyeol does say something smart from time to time.”

“Personally I think it is Jongin’s influence, not really Chanyeol. Don’t tell him I said that.”

They both dissolved in laughter at Baekhyun’s statement and Kyungsoo was actually happy that his friend was dealing with everything in such a positive way. He guessed that having passed through a trauma while younger and simply the fact that he wasn’t locked anymore, made the young man deal with everything in the best way he could: with optimism.

“Where is everyone?”

“Oh, they are at the dorms.” stated Kyungsoo with an evil smile.

“Why?” asked Baekhyun with caution. With Kyungsoo smiling like that, he feared the answer.

“Junmyeon is giving them the scolding of their lifetime.” At Baekhyun’s confused face, Kyungsoo continued, explaining everything to his confused friend. “They knew where you were because the blonde girl who you helped, Signe, actually found us. They knew that Doctor Lee was the responsible for your disappearance because, well Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin basically broke into his house and found a bunch of diaries talking about you. We couldn’t exactly present them to the police without telling them that they had committed a felony but then Signe appeared and told us that she had found you and talked to you and that you had asked her to come to us. As soon as she said you were in Bucheon, Sehun and Minseok wanted to get in the car and drive there but you know momma Junmyeon didn’t let us. He was worried because we didn’t know what to expect and was afraid that one of us got hurt. You being away was enough for us. The thing is Sehun couldn’t just stay there and do nothing, you know him, and he just organized a search party without Junmyeon knowing and well, they got you. They brought you to hospital, police was here interrogating them and everything and then Junmyeon came to the hospital, bringing Jongdae and I along, and well, for once he smacked Minseok’s face once he saw him. Then he hugged every single one of them and today he didn’t let them come to the hospital as punishment.”

Baekhyun was dazed with all the information, mouth opened elegantly and head tilted to the side, while Kyungsoo tried not to coo at the other’s adorableness.

“Actually, Minseok is downstairs. He is majorly pissed at Junmyeon, the two are, yet again not talking to each other, and so he probably just ignored Junmyeon, because I really think he doesn’t give two flying ducks about what that leader of ours has to say.”

“I am extremely confused. Why are they arguing? And what do you mean again?”

“Well, things have been a little hectic when you were, well, kidnaped. Everyone was just arguing with one another, blaming it on one another and we went through a rough time. Minseok was constantly at Sehun’s throat, and I have to give him credit for being mature about it, and then Sehun had a conversation with him, after Jongin just exploded on everyone, and he actually confessed that he liked Junmyeon hyung.”

“He…likes Junmyeon?”

Kyungsoo paused in his speech and then it came to him that Baekhyun was actually kind of dating Minseok before he was abducted. He looked at Baekhyun’s face, not sure what to say, when Baekhyun spoke for him, with a soft smile on his lips

“You don’t have to look at me like that. I’m fine with that. I actually had a conversation with Minseok and he warned me before handed that he was also trying to move on from someone. As long as they are happy, I’m okay with it.”

“They would be if Junmyeon could stop himself from running away from Minseok. He’s avoiding him like the plague.”

Baekhyun winced a little bit thinking how the older male must be feeling; Minseok was a sensitive person even he hid it well behind his playful self and cool demeanor. He would have to talk to Junmeyon and try to help, as soon as he could get out of the hospital.

“When am I going to be discharged?”

“After the police come and interrogate you. They have Doctor Lee and his men on custody.”

“Is he going to be arrested?”

“I think they talked about lock him up in psychiatric ward but I’m not really sure!”

“That’s…”

“That’s good Baekhyun. You’ll be absolutely free after he gets locked up and left to rot!” interrupted Kyungsoo with vehemence, making the other smile at him.

Minseok chose that moment to enter the room, followed by a female doctor.

“You’re awake!” was the first thing that came out of Minseok’s mouth as he passed through the door.

“Mr. Byun, it’s glad to see you awake.” stated the doctor, a petite middle aged woman, with a nice smile. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling fine actually, a little sore here and there, but fine. My right hand is feeling a little numb though.”

“Well, I have to say that the soreness is quite normal, your body went under a lot of stress and abuse. I recommend eating well and resting, along with some ointments that will be prescribed later; also no extreme activities, such as dancing, for at least a month or two, so that your body recovers from the trauma. Your hand, however, is another case all together. The police found a supposed serum that has been used on you and, after the forensics’ department analyzed it, as a proof in the case, we did our tests and found that the serum was made with a powerful paralyzing agent, which I suspect you are very aware.” she said, looking at Baekhyun who nodded. “Luckily for you, it was administrated very few times, because the mixture of toxins he used can be fatal. In your case, thankfully, it caused a slight atrophy of the muscles in your hand, hence the numbness that you have been experiencing. You’ll receive treatment for it and I will also suggest physiotherapy, so you can regain control over it faster because, as we tested when you got here, your hand doesn’t respond that well, at the moment, to stimuli.”

“That situation can be reversed right?” asked Minseok, looking worried at the panicked look on Baekhyun’s face.

“Of course, like I said, it wasn’t administrated enough for it to be permanent. But this will be a painful and frustrating experience for you.”

Minseok approached Baekhyun and lay a comforting had over his shoulder, rubbing it slightly, while Kyungsoo just squeezed the hand he was holding.

“There is also one more question that I would like to address. It is required, in these situations, for the patient to be submitted to a psychiatric evaluation, just to be assured that your mental health is fine.”

“Baekhyun’s going to be seen by a psychiatrist?” asked Kyungsoo.

“He is, however, due to the specificity of this situation, your evaluation will be done with more than one person in that room and you can choose someone that will be staying in an adjacent room, where you can see him, even though he can hear you, just so you feel that is a comfortable and relaxed environment.”

“When will that be made?” asked Baekhyun in a muffled voice, although he was kind of relieved about the terms of the whole thing.

“We would like to schedule that evaluation to this afternoon, so that you can, in case of need, call someone.”

“Okay then.”

“That will be all from me. A nurse will be here shortly, bringing you some pain medication and antibiotics. Do you have any question?”

“No.”

“Then I’ll be leaving. Have a good day Mr. Byun; don’t hesitate to call if you need something.”

The trio watched the doctor leave the room. Baekhyun was feeling conflicted; while the news had been, all in all, god ones, the problem with his hand bothered him.

“Baekhyun” called Kyungsoo softly, making him turn his head “everything will be alright, okay? Your hand is going to be fine and we are all here to help you and support you! So please, cheer up. You look best with a smile on your face!”

Kyungsoo’s words along with Minseok’s encouraging smile made him smile too.

“I’ll get through this.” he told them with a smile.

“We’ll get through this.” corrected Minseok, pecking Baekhyun softly on the temple.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was eating jello, playing cards with Minseok, who had brought them in the first place, sitting on top of the hospital bed. Kyungsoo had received a call from Jongdae telling him that he needed help dealing with a very furious Junmyeon and so, the younger had left the hospital.

“Flush.” cried Minseok showing Baekhyun his cards.

“Straight flush.” replied Baekhyun with a big smirk on his face.

“How on Earth are you so good at poker?” asked Minseok completely flabbergasted “I haven’t won once!”

“Chanyeol and I have a lot of free time on our hands sometimes.”

“This is what you guys do when you arrive late at practice?”

“Yeah… Sometimes Jongin joins us but let’s face it, he at playing poker. What’s your excuse?”

“You’re dumb!” replied Minseok, sulking a little bit.

“Did you just really use that on me?”

“Shut up!”

Baekhyun didn’t hold back at all the laughter that bubbled up on his chest and spilled through his lips, making Minseok laugh as well. When the laughter toned down, Baekhyun prepared himself for the conversation he wanted to have with Minseok.

“So…Junmyeon.” he stated, wincing internally at his own very direct approach, especially after he noticed Minseok flinching.

“You heard about that?” asked Minseok nervously his lips.

“I did.”

“Baekhyun, listen to me please. I am really sorry; I know that we had something before this all thing with Junmyeon happened…”

“Min…”

“…and I know that I promised you to try and make it work and to love you but I was lying at myself and I was trying to forget someone using you…”

“Minseok…”

“…And I feel bad for that, I didn’t even realize I was doing it…”

“MINSEOK!” yelled Baekhyun grabbing the other’s attention, making his mouth fall close with a click. ”Let’s get some things straight; first of all, I am not mad at you, not even a little bit; second of all, I get that. I get that you were confused, we were both miserable at that time and we just make a wrong decision, it is as much as my fault as it is yours, so don’t stress over that. Lastly, don’t ever feel bad for staying true to your heart okay? Also, you didn’t break any promise; I know you still love me, just in a slightly different way than you do with Junmeyon.”

Minseok just stood there gazing at his friend, completely blown away at the other’s words, while Baekhyun smiled sweetly at him. Baekhyun was really a sweetheart and he didn’t even know how Sehun had taken so long to fall into the others spell. He let a tiny smile appear on his lips and, very gently, much to Baekhyun’s confusion, pressed a kiss on the man’s forehead.

“You are a precious soul, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun blushed at the compliment and whined cutely, much to Minseok’s amusement.

A comfortable silence fell down upon the room and they both continued to play cards, enjoying each other presence, understanding quite well the unspoken bond that had set even more strongly between two good friends.

Baekhyun was gloating at Minseok’s inability to play poker, when Sehun burst into the room, completely disheveled, sweeping his eyes wildly around to room, to rest them on Baekhyun. He let a heavy sigh pass through his lips before marching towards the bed and encasing the tinier male into his arms.

“Sehun?!”

“Leave hyung.” growled the taller male at Minseok who smirked at him.

“Sehun! He’s your hyung!” exclaimed a horrified Baekhyun, against Sehun’s sweatshirt.

“Please!” growled the taller again.

“Sehun!”

“I’m leaving, I’m leaving you possessive bastard.” Muttered the oldest while hoping out of the bed and leaving the room, whistling as he went.

As soon as Minseok was out of the room, Sehun didn’t wait any longer to cradle his hyung’s face in his large hands and press his lips against Baekhyun’s.

Baekhyun let himself close his eyes, for a second or two, before opening them and pushing Sehun away from him.

“Don’t do this to me Sehun."

Sehun just cradled Baekhyun’s face again, eyes questioning, begging him to explain his reluctance.

“Sehun, I am really thankful that you saved me from that hellhole, as I knew you would, because you are that amazing, However, you can’t just waltz here and kiss me out of the blue, you said it yourself Sehun, you don’t love me, so don’t pretend for my sake okay? I’m fine!”

It took a moment for Sehun to understand the implications of the sentences Baekhyun just uttered.

“Don’t even! Don’t think for a second that I don’t love you. I loved you way before I realized it myself; before I got jealous over Minseok, before you were taken away from me. The anguish and the desperation of not having you there, within arm reach, was unbearable. I did everything; everything that I could to have you back and I would have done it a thousand times more if needed. I would crawl to hell for you if you asked me to! So, please, don’t say I don’t love you because I do!”

The way that Sehun was looking at him, eyes filled with the most genuine affection and hurt, almost made Baekhyun’s resolve crumble.

“I can’t Sehun. I can’t. What if this is just another phase? What if you wake up tomorrow and suddenly you don’t love me anymore? What then? I can’t allow myself to love you without restrains only to get shoved aside once you’re finished!”

And damn if that didn’t hurt; it made Sehun want to wheeze because his breath was taken away from him with those words but, in a way, he was just paying for the tug of war game he had played with Baekhyun’s heart.

Baekhyun was actually feeling the worst just by looking at the maknae’s face; he looked absolutely gutted but Baekhyun was afraid the younger man would do the same as he did before. He was afraid. He was about to open his mouth to say something to Sehun, but the younger beat him to it.

“You’re actually right! As much as it pains me to hear, you are right! I was a selfish person and I know that I really don’t deserve you. I will probably never will, but I’ll try. I will try my best to earn your trust and make you believe in my words; until you believe in my feelings for you; until you believe in my love. So, I’m choosing to fight for you and I’ll prove it to you Baekhyun. I swear! All I ask from you, even though I have no right, is to embrace it. Let me show you that I’m sincere and that I want you to stay in my arms forever.”

Sehun watched all types of emotions pass through Baekhyun’s eyes, until they remained uncertain and wanting at the same time. He caressed the older’s face, gently gliding his fingers through the other’s delicate feature, making Baekhyun’s lashes flutter a bit.

“Please Baekhyun. Give me one more chance to prove myself to you. Please!” he begged lips inches away from Baekhyun’s pink ones, looking at him straight in the eyes.

Baekhyun was gazing at him, peeking through his lashes, biting his lip in an adorable way before he whispered a small ‘okay’ to Sehun. The younger kissed him softly, gently before pulling back.

“Thank you!” said Sehun before pulling Baekhyun’s face to rest against his shoulder, while embracing the smaller man tightly. 

There was no need for more words; Baekhyun had just allowed himself, tentatively, to put his heart in Sehun’s hands, while Sehun had given his to Baekhyun, long time ago. This was just the beginning of something beautiful.










A/N: Psssst, here it is! One more chapter. I hope you guys like it and if so, comment, upvote, subscribe, don't be shy!!!! Next chapter will be the last one, be warned, story is reaching its end. 
Love you all, a big hug to everyone and have a happy day! ^^