Happily ever after

Fish Out Of Water

The last part of this story! Thank you to all who upvoted, commented and subscribed. I just realised that I have written quite a few royalty!aus for Chenlay and plan to write a few more because I obviously have a for royalty!aus (and Chenlay). Unless, someone would like to write me a Chenlay royalty!au?


 

 

They had gone back to gazing at each other through the water. The King and Queen had noticed that their son was depressed after the departure of Jongdae and had put it down to a bad breakup. To distract him, they had chosen to move up his wedding and had announced to the Kingdom that the Crown Prince was to be wed by the end of the month.

"We can't let this happen." Luhan told Yifan as soon as they heard the announcement. "Look at Yixing, he's an barely coping, if he goes through this wedding he'll be an empty shell for the rest of his life."

"What do you suggest we do? Tell Jongdae?" Yifan said sarcastically.

Luhan nodded. "That's exactly what we have to do."

"And how will we do that?" He asked in a condescending tone. "And even if we manage to, what will he do?"

Luhan smacked the back of Yifan's head."He managed to turn into a human, I'm wondering if there's a way to turn Yixing in to a merman."

"Then who will run the Kingdom?"

Luhan sighed. "Yixing has other brothers and sisters the Kingdom will be fine. Now go grab your canvas and pencils and meet me at the beach. Oh and bring Yixing."

Yifan did as he was told and soon the three of them were sailing towards Jongdae's spot.

"Jongdae's not going to come up unless someone goes and gets him so, Yifan and I will ready the sketches, you go down and get Jongdae." Luhan told Yixing.

Yixing gave Luhan a brief nod before stripping down, he had a lot of diving experience so he knew what he was doing. He took once last look at Yifan and Luhan diligently working before diving into the ocean. He didn't have to swim very far to reach the place where Jongdae was. Jongdae was so shocked to see Yixing underwater that he didn't try to swim away. Taking advantage of this, Yixing cut through the water and held onto Jongdae tightly, making sure the ocean dweller wouldn't try to swim away. Not having held Jongdae in his arms for days, Yixing didn't hesitate to mould their lips together. Happy that Jongdae was kissing him back with equal fever, he began kicking his legs so they could surface.

Yifan cleared his throat to get the two lovers attention as they were still kissing once they had reached the surface. "So we managed to draw up quick sketches of the situation so if you could get Jongdae to focus on them and not you, that'd be great."

Yixing gave him a sheepish smile and gestured for Jongdae to look at what Luhan and Yifan was holding. The first sketch was of a princess, a prince and a ring.

Yifan pointed to Yixing, then at the prince, then to the princess and then to the ring. "He's getting married."

Jongdae's eyes widened in realisation and he threw Yixing an accusing look. Yixing shook his head vigorously but Jongdae pointedly looked away.

Yifan then took out a red pencil and crossed out the first sketch and then pointed to Yixing. "But he doesn't want to get married."

Jongdae relaxed and smiled apologetically at Yixing. Yixing kissed his cheek to let him know that it was ok. Luhan handed Yifan another sketch. The second sketch was of a merman, a prince and a ring.

Yifan pointed at Yixing, then to the prince in the drawing, then at Jongdae, then to the merman and the ring on the canvas. "He wants to be married to you."

Jongdae stared lovingly at Yixing making Yixing melt and hold him closer to his body.

Luhan handed Yifan the last sketch which was of two mermen. Yifan pointed to Yixing and one of the merman. "Yixing wants to turn into a merman." He then pointed at the other merman. "So that he can live the rest of his life with you."

Jongdae gaped at them and shook his head. He couldn't allow Yixing to give up his life on the land for him. Yixing kissed Jongdae, making sure to show all his conviction into one kiss. When they pulled away, Jongdae searched Yixing's eyes for any doubt but only found love and certainty. Convinced that Yixing was sure of his decision and that he wasn't going to spend the rest of his life regretting loving him, Jongdae nodded to the humans as he tried to convey that he'll try his best to find a way to turn Yixing into a merperson. He then kissed Yixing before looking into his eyes as if to tell the prince to trust him. Yixing seemed to understand, as he nodded and loosened his grip on Jongdae allowing the merman to swim away.

 

Jongdae swam as fast as he could to Kyungsoo and Minseok's cave. When he arrived, it looked like they were in the middle of brewing a potion.

"Jongdae, what a lovely surprise." Kyungsoo said. "We were just making lunch," he pointed at the cauldron. "Would you like to join us?"

Jongdae shook his head and said frantically; "I need your help."

Kyungsoo feigned surprise. "Oh?"

"I need a potion to turn Yixing into a merman. Please help me, I know it was you that turned me into a human and I know you have the power to turn people into merpeople because you did the same thing to the sirens." Jongdae begged. "I'll do anything."

Kyungsoo pretended to think for a moment. "You can return that necklace I gave to you."

Jongdae was surprised that it was such a small request. "Done."

He went to take off the necklace but Kyungsoo stopped him. "After Yixing turns into a merman, come see me and return it."

Jongdae nodded briskly. "I understand."

Kyungsoo turned to Minseok. "Minseok." Minseok handed him a vial and in turn Kyungsoo handed it to Jongdae. "Make Yixing drink this and then come straight back here with him."

"Thank you." Jongdae said sincerely before swimming away.

"I don't know why you're helping him so much." Minseok said once he was sure Jongdae was gone.

Kyungsoo smirked. "I'll explain later."

 

When Jongdae came back, Yixing quickly threw off the blanket that was put around him for warmth and to cover his modesty. Jongdae waved the vial triumphantly in the air causing Yixing to smile in relief.

He turned to embrace Luhan and Yifan. " Thank you for being my friends and for always being there for me. This is probably the last time I'm going to see you guys, here take this." He handed them two bags. "There should be enough money and supplies for you guys to get out of here if the court begins to suspect you aided my escape. They'll hang you for treason, so at the first sign of any trouble, I want you guys to leave."

Luhan hugged Yixing. "Good luck my Prince."

"Thank you my friend." Yixing smiled warmly at him.

Yifan embraced him too. "I wish you happiness for the coming years."

Yixing patted his back. "And I you."

He dived into the water and drank from the vial Jongdae gave him. Soon enough his  skin was turning into a similar colour to Jongdae's. His hair was more of a teal than Jongdae's sea green. He laughed along with Jongdae once the transformation was complete before kissing him with unbound joy. He waved Yifan and Luhan goodbye for the last time and let Jongdae lead the way into their new lives.

 

Jongdae led them back to the cave and returned the necklace. Kyungsoo repaid them by helping them start a new life somewhere. He made sure that the couple are content and settled in before returning.

"So now are you going to tell me why you helped Jongdae so much?" Minseok asked upon his arrival.

"You know how siren souls are very rare and very expensive?" Minseok nods. "Well Jongdae unknowingly delivered 3 siren souls to me. It's only the right thing to do to repay the boy with something. 3 souls equals 3 requests; I turned him into a human, I turned his lover into a merman and now I got them settled into their new lives. My debt is paid. Besides," Kyungsoo held up the necklace. "This necklace allowed us to see all the drama unfold and you love drama Minseok."

"Well that's certainly true." Minseok smirked at him. "So who's next?"

Kyungsoo had a cunning smile on his face. "I know the perfect target."

 

THE END



Bonus:

The 3 sketches Yifan drew. This was done on a laptop with MS paint so yeah, I'm obviously not one of those fandom artists. You guys have no idea how much fun I had doing these, it was frustrating but fun. I think I'll stick to writing from now on.