Beware the sirens

Fish Out Of Water

I don't normally start a story and not add a chapter so I apologies for the wait.  


It was a formality really; Baekhyun and Chanyeol would ask Jongdae and Joonmyun whether they'd like to come with them to the surface and the latter would normally decline, opting to stay under water and out of trouble. However, this time Jongdae agreed prompting Chanyeol and Baekhyun to swim around in circles out of excitement and Joonmyun to look at him as if he'd grown legs.

"Are you crazy?!" demanded Joonmyun.

"No I'm just bored." replied Jongdae nonchalantly.

Joonmyun frowned. "I thought you didn't trust the sirens?"

Jongdae shrugged. "I don't but I'm bored."

Joonmyun wanted to protest some more, maybe even try and persuade Jongdae out of going, but he knew the younger was having a bad day and he needed some entertainment. The sirens may be dangerous, but he was 100% sure that Baekhyun and Chanyeol would look after him.

"Alright." Joonmyun relented. "Just be careful."

Jongdae swam by him. "I won't stay long. Don't worry too much."

Jongdae flicked his powerful tail to catch up to Chanyeol and Baekhyun before the 3 of the began swimming to the surface.

 

Jongdae had been to the surface a total of 2 times. The first time was a school trip, it was short and full of precautions; after all they didn't want any surface dwellers knowing about their existence. The second was with Chanyeol and Baekhyun as they insisted that he meet with their surface friends. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had always been the more adventurous type; they were always exploring dangerous places and getting into trouble. He didn't particularly like their friends, not because they were sirens, Jongdae wasn't racist, but because they made him feel uneasy. They had no problem mocking him and picking him apart with their words. At first glance, the sirens were incredibly beautiful merpeople, but if you looked at them long enough you'd see their vile true self; birdlike features, large black wings, sharp talons, old haggard faces covered in boils, rotten yellow eyes and jagged teeth full of dead flesh.

As Jongdae broke the surface, he came face to face with 3 gorgeous men. They were all very tall, very lean and very young looking. One had sharp facial features, full lips and tanned skin. Another had tanned skin, alluring eyes and a great jaw line. The last one was very pale, thin lips and had a bored expression on his face. He didn't look at any one of them for too long, he didn't want to see what they truly looked like.

"Shark teeth and fish breath are back." said the bored looking one in a bored tone.

"And they brought seaweed hair with them." said alluring eyes.

"Sehun, Jongin." Jongdae greeted them. "Tao."

"Seaweed hair." Tao greeted back.

"I have a name." Jongdae bit out.

"Do we look like we care?"retorted Jongin.

"Come on guys." Chanyeol said. "Jongdae's having a bad day."

"That's always nice to hear, isn't it Sehun?"

"Sure is." Sehun agreed. "Why don't you tell us of your tales so that we can have an appetiser before dinner arrives."

Jongdae kept tight lipped. Suddenly all of this seemed like a bad idea, he should've just stayed at with Joonmyun.

"Go on Jongdae." Baekhyun urged. "You'll feel better, trust me."

All 3 sirens smirked down at him and their lips making Jongdae recoil slightly back into the water.

"Yes go on. You can trust us." Tao said.

Jongdae looked over at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they seemed to be urging him to speak.

He sighed. If he had to do this, he was keeping it short. "Well, I don't really know what I want to do with my life yet and I got into a huge argument with my dad because he said I was going nowhere with my life."

The sirens looked expectedly at him. "And?" they prompted.

"That's it." Jongdae said with a blank expression.

They all sighed in disappointment.

"That wasn't even a tiny bit of an appetiser!" complained Jongin.

"Look alive boys!" Sehun shouted as he pointed to the distance where a small ship was. "Dinner's here."

The other 2 instantly perked up. They all stood up tall and changed into scantily dressed, beautiful looking girls. They ran their fingers through their hair, their lips and began singing. To merpeople, the voices were out of tune and screechy but apparently to human's the siren's voices were irresistible. Sure enough, the boat changed direction and was heading their way.

"Let's get out of here." Baekhyun suggested. "There's only so much 'singing' I can take."

Jongdae nodded in agreement. He didn't want to listen to them any longer and certainly didn't want to be present for dinner.

He was about to dive when someone on the ship caught his eyes. He tried to remember what he had learnt in biology and came to a conclusion that the human was a man. Jongdae had never seen a human in real life before but he couldn't believe how beautiful this one was. Sure the human didn't have any gills or fins or even a tail but it was still beautiful in its own way. The man looked very pale for a human and Jongdae tried to remember if that was normal or if the man was ill. He was relatively tall, lean and slightly muscular. His hair was jet black, his eyes were soft, he had a gentle smile on his face and a strange hole in his cheek. Jongdae briefly wondered what it would be like to kiss the man's plush lips because he'd never seen lips as plump as his on any merpeople.

Jongdae was broken out of his thoughts when the ship the man was on crashed into the rocks and Baekhyun pulled his tail.

"Come on Jongdae, you don't want to see this." he said as he began pulling him.

Jongdae looked back to see that the sirens had transformed into their true selves and was plucking the human's out of the water before tearing into them. Jongdae swallowed the bile that was rising in his throat and did something stupid. He swam out of Baekhyun's grasp and towards where the humans were, desperately hoping to reach his human before the sirens.

 


Umm I know it's short and seems crap but I do have a plot and I promise it will get better.