Jongdae just can't stay away from trouble

Fish Out Of Water

I'm going on a hiatus because exams are coming up and I need to concentrate on revision. Will try and update all my stories my the end of this week.


 

Yixing opened his eyes to see a group of people looming over him. Trying to fight the stampede in his head and the sleep in his eyes, he sat up and looked around. The people around him tried to usher him back to lying down but he slapped their hands away. He took a proper look around the room and saw that the people in it were actually the royal physicians, a couple of servants and his best friends.  He looked around frantically for any signs of the man with alice blue skin, wavy sea green hair and amber eyes.

"Your Highness?" asked the head physician cautiously. "What are you looking for?"

"Where is he?" Yixing asked urgently.

"Are you talking about Yifan and Luhan? They're right here."

Said people stepped forward. The both clasped Yixing's hand and squeezed it in support.

"We're here buddy." said Yifan softly.

"You gave us quite a scare." said Luhan.

Yixing shook their hands off and jumped out of bed. As soon as he was on his feet, he swayed but was luckily caught by his friends.

"Woah there tiger!" Luhan said as helped Yifan put Yixing back into bed. "You almost drowned. You can't just be running off to places. Tell us what you want."

"I want that boy. He saved my life." Yixing explained. "He had blue skin, green hair and yellow eyes. I think he had pearls in his hair and a weird looking flower. He was cold to touch and wet. Or maybe because I was wet. We were wet. I need to find him and thank him. And he saved me. He saved me from drowning so we were wet. I need to thank him. His hands were webbed. He was-" His vision began to blur and his speech became incoherent.

Luhan and Yifan looked towards the head physician and saw that he was removing a needle from the prince's arm. They shot him an accusing look and he glanced with a guilty expression.

"His Royal Highness has had a traumatic day." he explained in his defence. "He nearly drowned and the rest of his crew is gone. He feels guilty that he didn't go down with his crew and was miraculously washed ashore. On top of that his lungs were full of water and his brain was deprived of oxygen. He's sprouting nonsense because of that. The prince needs to regain his strength and he can do that by getting as much rest as possible. Everyone who is not a physician please leave the infirmary."

People begin to steadily leave the infirmary with Yifan and Luhan being the last to leave.

"Do you think he's telling the truth?" Luhan asked Yifan.

"Xing or the physician?" Yifan asked.

"Yixing."

Yifan shrugged. "Maybe."

"I think we should go and search for that boy." proposed Luhan.

"Where would we go?"

"The place near where we found Yixing today."

"Let's go in a couple of days." Yifan said whilst looking out of a window. "There's a huge storm coming our way, we don't want what happened to Yixing to happen to us too."

 

 

"Jongdae you can't be serious." Joonmyun pleaded as he swam beside Jongdae.

"I promised I'd go see the sea witch to see if she can turn the sirens into mermen so that's what I'm going to do." Jongdae said exasperatedly.

Joonmyun tried to block his way but Jongdae just swam around him. "Are you crazy?!" he thundered. "Why would you agree to that?"

Jongdae sighed. "I already told you the story."

"Tell me again because I still can't fathom it."

"Well if you can't fathom it, it's not my problem!" He snapped. "We're here."

They arrived at the darkest parts of the ocean. In front of them stood a cave covered by large and tangled sand thorns. The entire place looked foreboding but Jongdae was persistent.

"Jongdae please don't do this." Joonmyun begged.

"Just stay out here Joonmyun. It shouldn't take too long."

"Do you really think she'll help you without a catch?"

"No I don't think that but I have no choice."

Before Joonmyun could say anything else, Jongdae swam into the cave. To his surprise, the cave wasn't filled with darkness; there was illumination, although it was very dim. He continued onwards and felt a disturbance in the waters behind him.  As soon as he turned back, he was knocked down. Before he could start to defend himself, he saw the person that had knocked him down was Joonmyun.

Jongdae hit Joonmyun's chest. "What the hell? You scared the crap out of me."

"If he managed to scare you, I wonder what effect I'll have on you." said a voice that was definitely not Joonmyun's.

The two mermen scrambled to get off the floor. They pressed their backs against each other's and turned, trying to find the source of the voice. A figure appeared out of nowhere.  He was lean, pale and definitely not a merman. 8 black tentacles were in place of where his tail should've been. He stared at them with big round eyes and a small smirk.

Jongdae was the first to speak. "Are you the sea witch?"

"Technically. What can I do for you?" He was very soft spoken.

"Nothing." Joonmyun said quickly. "We got lost, sorry. We'll get out of your way now."

The figure gave him a small smile and the next thing Joonmyun knew, he was immobilised. Navy blue tentacles wrapped around his body, ceasing all movement and another one wrapped around his mouth to prevent him from talking.

"I'm sorry, but I wasn't talking to you." The figure said. "I was talking to your friend. Be good and Minseok won't do anything bad to you." He turned back to Jongdae. "My name's Kyungsoo, how can I help you?"

Jongdae watched in guilt and fear as Minseok took Joonmyun away. "I umm need help. I need er...umm... er... something to turn sirens into mermen."

Kyungsoo raised a brow. "Why would someone like you want to help the sirens?"

Jongdae fidgeted. "They helped me with something so I'm keeping my end of the bargain."

Kyungsoo nodded. "Ok, what's in it for me?"

"What would you like?" he asked cautiously.

Kyungsoo seemed to move at a great speed because he was face to face with Jongdae in a matter of seconds. "Your body."

Jongdae's breath hitched in his throat. "Err..umm...I-"

Kyungsoo laughed and backed away slightly. "Not the way you're thinking. Just for entertainment purposes. I can see that helping you would be fun and I'd like front row seats to see how all of this will turn out."

Jongdae frowned. He could see in his eyes that the witch knew a lot more than what he was letting on and it made him feel uneasy. But he had no choice.

"Deal." he said as he held out a hand.

Kyungsoo ignored his hand and placed a tentacle on his chest, just over his heart. One of the ers latched onto his skin and pulled, making Jongdae wince and leaving a large bruise.

"Come back tomorrow, everything will be ready by then."

Kyungsoo turned to go but Jongdae stopped him. "What about my friend?"

"Minseok!" Kyungsoo yelled.

Minseok came back and gently deposited a shell shocked Joonmyun into Jongdae's arms. He smiled at Jongdae and went back into the shadows.

 

 

Jongdae spent the night at Joonmyun's, partially to take care of him after the events of that day and partially because he didn't want to explain to his parents why and how he had gotten a large bruise on his chest. Joonmyun didn't try and stop Jongdae from going back but he insisted that he take Chanyeol and Baekhyun with him as back up. Jongdae did as he was told and left Chanyeol and Baekhyun standing outside the mouth of the cave.

Minseok greeted him with a smile once he was inside. "Ah Jongdae, perfect timing."

"How do you know my name?" As far as Jongdae could recall, he never gave his name to Kyungsoo so he wasn't sure how Minseok knew it.

Minseok gave him a look you'd give a child when explaining the obvious. "I'm a witch. Follow me."

Minseok lead him deeper into the cave which contained a lot of twists and turns. Finally, they arrived at a place where Kyungsoo was.

"Drink this, put these drops in your eyes and wear this." Kyungsoo said as soon as he saw the boy.

Jongdae didn't protest. He drank the brown liquid given to him, it was tasteless. The yellow drops where squeezed into his eyes. And he wore the mini conch shell around his neck.

Kyungsoo then 3 clear vials into his hands. "Get each siren to drink these and bring them straight back to me. Do you understand?" Jongdae nodded. "Good. Minseok please take him back."

 

 

As soon as Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae broke the surface of the water, the sirens were upon them.

"Do you have what we need?" asked Tao excitedly.

"Yes." Jongdae replied and handed each siren a vial.

"It might be easier if you came into the water and drank it." Suggested Baekhyun.

The sirens dived into the sea before drowning the contents of the vial. Slowly, their skin began to change colour, their legs began to join together, their fingers became webbed and their necks made place for their gills.

"Oh my God!" screamed someone behind them.

The mermen turned to see that there were humans on a boat looking straight at them. They all completely froze.

" Yixing was telling the truth." said Yifan.

"Let's go!" shouted Chanyeol.

There was a moment of utter panic from both the humans and the merpeople. The merpeople were trying desperately to swim away while the humans were busy throwing nets into the water. Several minutes later  when the chaos had died down, the humans saw that they had managed to catch one of the mermen in their nets.

"He seems to fit Yixing's description." mumbled Yifan.

Luhan nodded. "Let's pull him aboard. Yixing's going to be very surprised when he sees this."