Hanging Out

These Are For You (One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CNU's POV

Even though I was technically sitting next to Mi Rae, I still couldn't get myself to talk to her. Although she has remained my friend after all these years, it somehow feels weird to see her once more. Who would have thought that I would go to the same school as her and let alone be in the same class as her as well.

I think it was save to say that I was in a state of shock. What was even more surprising is that she actually has a boyfriend. I mean... I know that she would eventually have a boyfriend but in the back of my head I was hoping that she wouldn't. It would make it so much easier to be around her again but now I had to worry about how her boyfriend, Hongbin, was going to be like.

Which honestly thought was going to be a headache, because it was so obvious that he is the jealous type. Well what kind of boyfriend wouldn't be? But even so... he needs to learn that Mi Rae needs her space.

Ever since we got kicked out the library last week... I felt ashamed of myself. How could I let myself be that way when usually I wasn't? I sighed... I tried paying attention to what the teacher was teaching but it was hard when I had so much on my mind.

All she was teaching was biology, something that I wasn't interested in but Mi Rae was full attention to it.

Maybe I can get notes from her... wait that's a great excuse to be with her!

I smirked to myself at the great idea that I just thought of. I thought about the score that we were keeping track of... hmm Me: 23 Hongbin: 16.

If I could hang out with Mi Rae then I would get 24. Getting me further from Hongbin. Of course the best friend would be winning. I've known her longer.

 

After class was over, we had some free time since the next teacher had to come to class. "Mi Rae," I said turning in my seat to face her.

"Hmm," she said as she wrote something down in her notebook. "Can I see you're bio notes later. Maybe after school,"

"My notes? Yeah sure... but weren't you paying attention?" she asked she quickly glanced at me before turning back towards her notes.

"Well... no," I chuckled as I rubbed the back of my neck. She clicked her tongue as she shook her head in disappointment.

"I thought you were better than that. What were you doing the whole class period?" she asked this time setting her pen down and turning her whole attention towards him.

"Well just... some thoughts," even though they were the best of friends. Of course there were some secrets between them. They didn't share everything about each other. But they did know a lot about each other, so that was more than enough. They didn't need to know about every waking moment of each other. That's just weird.

She raised her eyebrow but didn't ask any further question. "Yah Mi Rae check this out," her friend Kim Ji Yoon said beside her.

According to Mi Rae, Ji Yoon is her best girl friend. They speak of the girl code that guys like me don't understand. I leaned towards the right a little to get a closer look at Ji Yoon. She's pretty but she's wild. Not really my type of girl at all. I don't understand how Mi Rae could be friends with her.

I shrugged because in reality that really wasn't by business at all. I was about to turn around in my seat when I heard Mi Rae crack up laughing at whatever they were watching on Ji Yoon's smartphone. Honestly I was curious, but I knew they probably wouldn't even show me.

 

After School...

I walked beside Mi Rae as we exited the building. "Did you talk to Hongbin?" I asked.

"Yeah," she smiled as she looked down at the ground. This girl... she's seriously in love with him huh? At least he cares and loves her back.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a crush on Mi Rae at some point. Like she's basically every guys dreams. She's pretty, smart and above all so down to earth.

But it was too late for that. I knew that I probably didn't have a chance anyway. I was gone for a long time and I never imagined that I would see her again. But here I am walking with her. I slightly sighed as we made our way towards the bus stop.

"What's wrong?" she asked as we sat down on the bench. "Huh? Nothing," I smiled. "It's okay if I invited Hongbin and his friends to the bakery while you copy the notes?" she asked with her big round brown eyes.

I gulped as I tried to suppress my feelings because they weren't needed right now. "I don't mind," I smiled.

I do mind. I just wanted to hang out with you for a while...

Suddenly she got a text because she looked down at her phone and frowned. "What is it?" I asked a little curious.

"He said they can't make it. Ken and Ravi have some late work to turn in. While Leo and Hyun have to go to some part-time job they just got. Him and N have to go to the company they got the internship at," she explained.

I remembered Hongbin mentioning something about an internship. But I didn't know that he got N one too. "N got an internship at that company too?" I asked even though I was silently celebrating.

"Yeah. Last minute too. I guess N suddenly showed some interest. Lucky Hongbin's father was able to pull some extra strings and got N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter