Competition

These Are For You (One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The library after school on Friday was always nearly empty. There were two reasons for this...actually three. Friday's were when Mi Rae did the bulk of her homework, and she preferred to do it in the silent paradise of the school library. She only spent about an hour or two there before going home, or going to whatever Friday night activity she had planned. She used to spend these nights alone, listening to music and catching up on her pre-calculus homework (of course there used to be other people using the library, but she wasn't with anybody, so she considered herself alone), but a few weeks ago, something happened to completely change that.

~A few weeks ago~
"Mimi, have any plans tonight?" CNU had taken to calling Mi Rae Mimi. It drove Hongbin insane, that this random guy had given his girlfriend a pet name, but he wouldn't say anything for fear of fighting with CNU and upsetting Mi Rae. 

"Just a normal Friday night-I'm going to study at the library for a few hours then go shopping with Mi Young." She shrugged. 

"Ooh, can I study with you?...I doubt Miyo would let me intrude on your shopping time." Mi Young had become Miyo. This also aggravated Hongbin, because it seemed CNU was closer to his girlfriend's family then he was! And it wasn't only Mi Rae and Mi Young. Mi Sook had also become Miso.
"She probably wouldn't." Mi Rae laughed. "Sure, you can study with me. I'll be listening to music the whole time though, because I actually use this time to study, but you're welcome to join me."

"Yay!" CNU smiled as he shoved some food into his mouth. He had momentarily forgotten his about his lunch.

"I'm coming to," CNU turned and glared at Hongbin. In return, Hongbin ignored him, focusing instead on watching Mi Rae drop food on the table and blush, hoping nobody saw.

"Uhh uh. We're watching X-men tonight. I've already bought the tickets, and you aren't backing out on me," Ravi held up a handful of movie tickets.

"Plus, didn't you say you had a business meeting tonight or something?" added Ken.

Hongbin groaned. He had forgotten his dad wanted to talk to him about a possible internship at the company tonight. 

"So...you can't study with us I guess," CNU concluded slyly. "Shame,"

"Yes. Shame," Hongbin gritted his teeth.

CNU: 1 Hongbin: 0

The next day, Hongbin called Mi Rae first thing in the morning. He knew CNU was supposedly her 'best friend' but making sure he wasn't her 'best friend with benefits' was the only thing on his mind at the moment. 

"Hello?" She answered drowsily. He could tells she had just woken up.
"Hey...did I wake you?" He asked softly.

"Yeah....it's okay, I needed to get up anyway,"

"Okay,"

"So, what's up?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter