A Valentine Gift

These Are For You (One Shot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Valentine's day was fast approaching and Mi Rae was busting her in making chocolates for the one person that she has had a crush on and admired since middle school, Lee Hongbin. To Mi Rae, Hongbin was everything. At one point they had been good friends, but that was back in elementary school. Who would remember that?

 

She wanted to make him the perfect chocolates. Besides, her mom owned a bakery shop and her father was once at one point a top chef before changing careers and entering the business world. So of course cooking was her forte.
 

She just hoped that Hongbin would like. She even bought a few little things, like a new phone case because she took notice not to long ago that the one he had is started to wear down and she thought that buying a LifeProof for his iPhone 6 would be just great. She looked over to the gift bag that she prepared and smiled happily.
 

"He's going to love it," she said out loud as she continued making the chocolates.
 

Before long she was done and the chocolates were nicely decorated.

Her mother came into the kitchen and gasped. "Mi Rae! You made these?" her mother smiled as she closely inspected the pieces of chocolate.

"Y-Yeah. Are they not good enough?" she asked worried. "Aniyo! They're perfect! You are my daughter!" joked her mother. Mi Rae's older sister came in and eyed the chocolate before grabbing on.
 

"YAH! Put that back! I'll make you some if you want. But don't eat those!" she begged her. "Why? Are these for Hongbin by chance?" her sister eyed her with a teasing smile. Mi Rae felt her face turn red as her mother looked at her with questioning eyes.
 

"Hongbin? Lee Hongbin?!" her mother asked. "The Lee Hongbin. Son of the man that is your mortal enemy," joked Mi Young as she popped the chocolate piece into .
 

"No!" yelled Mi Rae but it was already too late. Her sister chewed on the chocolate happily. "It's good. I'm sure he'll like it. If he doesn't he's a babo," with that her sister left.
 

"He's not my mortal enemy. He's just well..." her mother said out of no where. "What?"
 

"Look if you like him, I'm not going to hold you back. His father is a bit stuck up. But he is friends with your father. Good luck!" cheered her mother before leaving the kitchen as well. Mi Rae sighed.
 

I really do hope he likes it.
 

---
 

Hongbin's POV
 

It was the day before Valentine's day and I really didn't want to come to school. Since this year Valentine's day is on a Saturday, all the girls are giving the guys they like the gifts now.
 

I already knew that by the time I would go to my desk, it would be full of gifts and chocolates. Things I didn't want from girls I didn't know. 
 

But my friends seemed to be enjoying the attention. "Dude. I just got some new Beats Studio headphones from some girl!" chimed Ken as he smiled widely had the said headphones. They were actually pretty nice. "They actually spent that much? Lucky you," said N as he looked at the gifts that he was carrying.
 

Leo seemed to be the only other one not enjoying the limelight from all the girls. Some of the girls were standing far away from us as we walked along the courtyard towards our classroom.
 

"I think they're looking at you," said Hyuk to Leo as he looked over to said girls who only squealed. Leo shrugged and his expression didn't seem to change.
 

Hyuk sighed as he shook his head. "You're never going to change huh?"
 

Leo didn't even answer. Hyuk sighed again and continued walking in silence. I chuckled a little. "Hongbin Oppa," I heard a girl call out. I stopped in my tracks and turned to find myself facing a rather young girl looking down shyly. The rest of my friends stopped to witness what was going on.
 

"Yes?" I asked. "Will you accept this?" she asked as she held up a gift bag. I didn't want to be rude but I didn't want to give the poor girl hopes in that I would want to be her valentine or anything like that. I already had my eyes set on someone. I always seemed to be the one expecting something but I would never get what I expected.
 

"What is it?" I asked instead. "J-Just some small gifts," she said looking up at me. "I would be happy if you accepted it. I was being thoughtful of you. You don't have to be my valentine. Just that you would accept this would be enough," she shyly said. I read her name plate on her jacket. Kim Yoon Hee. It seemed like it was her 1st year and I'm a 3rd year. So weird but I guess I have no other choice.
 

"Alright," I sighed as I grabbed the gift. She smiled at me before bowing and running away in the opposite direction.
 

"What's in it?" asked Ravi as he looked over my shoulder. I dug into the bag to find a new iPod Touch and some new in-ear Beats Headphones.
 

"Man girls know what to buy," said Ken as he showed off his own headphones. I rolled my eyes before shoving the gifts back into the bag. "Small gifts my ," I groaned. "Whoa now. Language," said N.
 

"Why do they make us feel so burdened with this expensive gifts?" I asked as we continued to walk towards our class. "I don't know. Maybe a way to win themselves a way to our hearts?" joked Ken.
 

"Shut up,"
 

We walked the hall towards our class and it was obvious that a lot of guys were receiving gifts, but it I wasn't mistaken we were the ones receiving the most.
 

As we walked into the classroom, the girls stopped talking and eyed us before we made our ways to our desks. And sure enough each one of our desks were covered in gifts. From the floor to the very top.
 

"Whoa what is all this?" asked Ravi as he eyed all the gifts that were piled high on his desk.
 

"Let's see who has the most!" chimed Hyuk as he looked over at our desks. Leo blankly looked at his gifts but it seemed like he could have cared less.
 

"Hongbin Hyung. You have the most," said Hyuk disappointed. "Do you want them?"
 

"Aniyo! They're meant for you!"
 

I shrugged. I shoved some of the chocolates off my desks. I even placed some on some other desks and sat down. I placed the gift bag I receieved earlier on the floor and just sat there thinking about how I should approach the one girl who stole my heart from the very start.
 

The sad thing was, I didn't even know her name. All I knew was that she was in the same grade as all of us and she seemed pretty popular among both the guys and girls. But she was in class 3-1 while we were in class 3-2. Even though I could easily go and ask for her name... I always chickened out. She was just so beautiful and innocent.
 

I remember the day that I bumped into her. I thought she was an angel. She was just so sweet and confident. She wasn't shy like all the other girls around here. She was so sure of herself. Ever since then I saw her around but I never had the courage to go up to her. And every time I did have the courage, it seemed like she would avoid me.
 

I sighed heavily because I've had a crush on a single girl for three years now without any kind of progress but even then I still had some sort of hope.
 

"What are you sighing about?" asked Ravi next to me. "Nothing," I shifted in my seat. "Whatever," he rolled his eyes.

 

During lunch, it wasn't any different from this morning. Girls flocked to our table to leave gifts and such on our table. "Oppa! Please accept this!" was the typical line for most girls. We simply nodded and they left the gifts on the tables befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter