OCD

Fictions

Stephanie makes sure that the inferior part of the tube of toothpaste is perfectly rolled up before she can extract the needed amount. She puts the toothbrush in and counts till two hundred, small circles, then up and down and repeat. She rinses the toothbrush in the sink and fills a glass of water. She rinses and in the end, gargles during exactly fifteen seconds with mint’s mouthwash. She takes a shower with warm water. Has breakfast, checks her social networks and watches the morning news on the TV. She pays attention of what the weather forecast says and at 7:15 she is in her car and ready to go. She arrives at her office twenty minutes before the turn starts. Works till 5:00pm and five minutes later she’s in her car back to home.

Taeyeon is always late for work. She gets up with much effort, goes in to the bathroom and showers with cold water so she could wake up completely. Has only coffee for breakfast and goes out of her house in a rush. Every day she looks the rear-view mirror and notices her hair is a disaster. There’s always paint or other art material under her nails and her glasses are eternally patched up with tape… that if she don’t loses them. Never takes care of her outfit and one could paint works of art in the dust that’s all over her car. When she finally sits behind her desk she’s already tired and wants to sleep. She leaves work pretty late and when she gets home she is still has a lot to do.

That’s pretty much what they used to do on a daily basis until the day they met. It was in a common way. They had a car accident and it was Taeyeon’s fault. Stephanie gave her a long talk about bad manners, poor driving skills and irresponsible Transit Department’s workers who left people like Taeyeon had a driving license. Said talk went on till a crane arrived to take Taeyeon’s ruined car. They exchanged phone numbers and when she ended the talk, Taeyeon ask her on a date. She said yes and they had been dating for over five years.

It’s been pretty difficult on the two of them. Stephanie is special, keeps everything in order, closing all doors and windows before going to bed and her books arranged by color put Taeyeon in the edge. Taeyeon does not care about any of that. Never picks up the dirty clothes on the floor of her own room and squeezes the toothpaste’s tube by the middle.

The thing that bothers Stephanie the most is that, because of Taeyeon, she forgets to close the doors and windows, or brush her teeth two hundred times. She does not care about the cracks on the sidewalk. She does not turn on and off the room’s lights thirty three times anymore nor she cares if her books are arranged by color. Because she doesn't has to count each step when she walks hand in hand with Taeyeon or have the exact number of candies on the bag. Because Taeyeon tries to not put her shoes on the furniture and keeps the car clean, buys the kind of cereal Stephanie likes and now drinks non lactose milk. She turns off the lights and Stephanie can sleep calm in her arms because Taeyeon closed doors and windows.