PLACES

Fictions

A warm breath with the smell of tickled her nose. Hangover pulsating trough her head. The girl beside her was sleeping, her relaxed faced made her feel kind of guilty. She sit in the bed and looked around for every piece of her discharged clothes. Once dressed, she looked one last time at the sleeping woman and got out of the house.

 

It had bet a long night. she had been doing that for some time now. Sleeping with some girl she met at a bar. After sharing the passion she would go, with nothing else but the smell of someone else’s skin. That collection of experiences kept her from falling. Her most long, meaningful relationship had enden when her ex left with no explanation. Nothing more than a “Sorry, this is not working anymore”, and two years had gone, just like that. Soon, there was additional space on her house, space she filled with occasional . She felt lost and delusion clouded her vision of the world. Taeyeon decided then, maybe not consciously, she would find herself again, she began her search in the heat of another body, on the fragrant flesh of countless women. This last one was special, a really nice and funny girl, and had left Taeyeon very tired. Taeyeon wanted her since she saw her sitting at that stool, not only her body but also, for a brief moment, she wished she could have all of her. The of that marvelous body overwhelmed her, so soft, smelt so good and that electrifying first kiss.

 

“Heavy night?” Sunny asked her.

“Kind of” said Taeyeon while smiling at her after taking the cup of coffee Sunny made for her. They were at their work place, a design studio. The shower she took dissolved some of the heaviness in Taeyeon’s body, but her face still reflected the active night.

“You’re not the only one that had a party night. Newbie girl has eye bags, big as yours”.

“Oh, she’s here” said Taeyeon nonchalant. The pain in her head becoming intense.

“Yeah, I guess she’ll be here soon to meting you”

“I rather would not. Please give her something to do so I could have a few hours or peace, mi head is killing me”

“Some night you had then, was it funny?” said Sunny, eyebrows moving up and down “Then it’s good I made your coffee really strong”

“I can… taste it, thanks” Taeyeon grimaced at the taste.

“Well then, I’ll better leave to check on that project. This is the new project, please don’t puke on it” joked Sunny.

“So funny, you’re forgetting I’m your boss” Taeyeon was already reading the papers “Go away, take care of the new one”

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine”

 

 Taeyeon was reading, nose deep in the papers of upcoming projects. She did not hear the knocking of her door’s office until someone cleared .

“May I come in?” asked a feminine voice. Taeyeon found it familiar but ignored it because of the text she was still reading.

“Come in” it must be the new one, she thought without taking her eyes off the paper “Give me a minute”

“It’s okay, I just came here to present myself, I’m Steph…” the girl froze, her hand extended. Taeyeon then looked at her and was just as surprised. There she was, the woman she had left sleeping that same morning. Their lives clashed. Of all the people, them; of all the places, this one.

 


 

NOTE:

This one is at least two years old.