Abyss

Fictions

There’s an abyss between them. The battlefield has been declared a neutral zone. No words, no shots fired. Not while breaths get slower and the euphoria of ecstasy is still there like a red light, a remnant. Scars all over, languid limbs not touching. The sweat drying in her skin makes her feel raw, her senses alert even in the falling. Taeyeon has her eyes closed. She can feel Stephanie’s heat beside her. Without watching her she knows that her hands are on her stomach, her feet stretched; hears her agitated breathing and smells her wet flesh. is dry and knows Stephanie is about to fall asleep like she always does. She pictures herself watching her, slipping into dreamland and then trying to recollect her discarded clothes on the floor, while trying not to wake her; she thinks she won’t do any noise while closing the door. But she’s not moving and Stephanie is not sleeping. Now she observes that familiar ceiling on Stephanie’s room. The sweat in her skin makes the injuries of passion burn and thinks Stephanie could use a manicure. The bite marks she left on Stephanie draw in her mind and can’t help but smile. Stephanie shifts beside her and she feel being watched. The abyss has not being crossed. Her hand moves blindly on the floor searching for the pillow and when she finds it, she puts her head on it. Now that she had fallen and her muscles are flaccid the sleepiness is hard to resist.

Hours ago they were on the outside. People watching. Taeyeon watched Stephanie thinking she could take her right there. Stephanie watched her back with predatory eyes. No one else seemed to notice. Did they even suspected it? Did they know about them? Did Taeyeon even give a if they do? All that came back to her while laying on that bed feeling Stephanie’s eyes on her.

Outside that room, titles, titles that meant nothing inside there. That was what Taeyeon thought every time she felt the urge to put a name to what they shared. She use to tell herself it was useless to name something that could not be described with anything but actions. While she kissed Stephanie she told herself it was not necessary to have anything beyond Stephanie´s passion.

She started to get cold. Stephanie’s eyes kept her awake. The intact abyss kept the silence. Resolution of sleeping in her own bed blew off the questions. An arm making its way around her waist stopped her and the abyss was gone. in that bed, they were just Taeyeon and Stephanie.