Chapter 5

Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They arrived at the restaurant that Minhyuk had recommended and settled down at a table for four. Yonghwa was intent on not wanting to be seated next to or across from Joohyun, so he settled for a seat across Jungshin and next to Minhyuk. However, Minhyuk wanted to help Yonghwa get closer to Joohyun.

“Joohyun ah, switch seats with me. I’m sharing food with Jungshin; it’ll be easier if I’m sitting beside him.” Minhyuk said, leaving Yonghwa flustered. Joohyun nodded and switched seats willingly. After ordering, Yonghwa just sat listening to their conversation. He was fascinated by how small the world was that Minhyuk and Jungshin were friends with Joohyun. He was lost in his thoughts watching the three of them catch up when he heard his name being mentioned.

“Wahh. It’s so cool that Yonghwa and you are colleagues. Small world huh?” Jungshin said. Joohyun and Minhyuk nodded in agreement.

“How do you guys know each other?” Yonghwa asked curiously. They seemed really close and it somehow made him jealous. They knew more about her than he did. He wanted to be close to her too.

“Oh we were really close in high school. I can’t believe we lost touch when I went to college the US! That was when?” Joohyun replied and counted with her fingers, “Wow, four years!” Minhyuk and Jungshin laughed and nodded in agreement.

“Ah really? That’s really long. What were you studying in the US?” Yonghwa asked.

“I was actually accepted to a music school there. I studied for two years then I came back two years ago and started working for the company.” Joohyun explained looking at Yonghwa directly.

“Music? You like doing music? Any instruments you can play?” Yonghwa asked happily. He had an interest for music too. He could play the guitar very well, and was excited knowing that he had something major in common with Joohyun. Jungshin chuckled.

“She’s really good at playing the piano! And she can sing really well too!” Jungshin answered for Joohyun, “She almost got signed to SM Ent.!” Joohyun glanced towards Jungshin and laughed in embarrassment. She loved doing music as a hobby. She could really play the piano well since her parents sent her to piano lessons since she was young.

“Oh yeah! I forgot how well you played the piano!” Minhyuk added while looking at Joohyun, “Maybe you can do a duet with Yonghwa one day!” Minhyuk glanced at Yonghwa and smiled cheekily. Yonghwa could only smile in embarrassment.

“Duet? You can sing too?” Joohyun asked Yonghwa, unknowingly putting her hand on Yonghwa’s because she was excited. Yonghwa stiffened. At that moment, Minhyuk answered Joohyun but he couldn’t hear anything. All he felt was Joohyun’s hand on his. He regained his composure just as the food arrived almost immediately after Joohyun put her hand on his. Joohyun let go of his hand to reach for the food that Jungshin had handed her, but he could only miss the warmth he felt even if it was for a brief moment. He didn’t say anything and just ate his food silently, listening to the conversations of the other three.

Omg. What did I do? Did I just touch his hand?? Joohyun thought as she ate her food. The table was silent for a moment because everyone was eating. She was eating, but she couldn’t taste and savour any of the food because she was flustered as to why she felt so natural holding his hand. She blushed in embarrassment just thinking about it. She glanced at to her left and saw that Yonghwa was silently eating. She noticed that his face was slightly red too. Was he embarrassed as well? Joohyun thought. She tried to ignore her thoughts and engaged in a conversation with Jungshin and Minhyuk.

--

It was at the end of the meal and everyone was settling their individual bills when Joohyun noticed that she had forgotten to bring her wallet with her. She was mentally scolding herself for her carelessness when Yonghwa turned towards her.

“Is there something wrong?” Yonghwa asked.

“Uhh… I forgot to bring my wallet. I must’ve left it at home.” Joohyun replied cautiously. She didn’t want to burden anyone, but she had no choice. She mentally scolded herself again for being careless.

“Oh. That’s okay,” Yonghwa smiled revealing his adorable snaggletooth, “It’s my treat then.” Joohyun could feel her face go red, but she thanked him anyway. They left the restaurant after making payment and began making their way back to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter