Chapter 4

Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun looked at herself in the mirror while thinking of last night’s incident. She blushed lightly. She couldn’t understand what was going on with her. Just the thought of Yonghwa made her smile and she felt butterflies in her tummy thinking about how she was going to face him at work later. She brushed her thoughts and headed to the kitchen to make her essential morning ma juice. She poured a cup for herself and poured the remaining into a bottle and brought it to work.

When she arrived at work, she settled herself at her desk and looked at the bottle of ma juice that she brought. She was contemplating whether to give it to Yonghwa to thank him for the ride last night. She picked up the courage and walked towards his desk. As she was arriving she saw Yonghwa talking to a female colleague. She recognized the female colleague, Yoon Bora. Joohyun had worked with Bora previously on an assignment last year and she remembered how she disliked Bora’s personality. Joohyun continued walking towards Yonghwa’s desk.

“Oh. Good morning Joohyun,” Bora said with a hint of annoyance in her voice, “Did you need something?” Yonghwa turned to face Joohyun and smiled widely.

“Good morning Joohyun. Did you sleep well last night?” Yonghwa asked with his usual toothy grin plastered on his face. Joohyun felt a lump in . She suddenly remembered last night’s incidents, and blushed hard.

“Uhh. Good morning,” Joohyun said nervous, “Can I talk to you for a while Yonghwa?” Yonghwa nodded and looked at Bora. Bora looked annoyed but understood and told Yonghwa that she will see him later. Joohyun waited for Bora to walk away before she said anything. Yonghwa then turned to face her as if waiting for her to say something.

“Oh. Urm. I wanted to thank you for the ride last night. I made some ma juice this morning and made a bottle for you.” Joohyun said shyly, handing him the bottle.

“Oh. It’s no problem Joohyun, we live near each other anyway,” Yonghwa said with a smile on his face, taking the bottle from her, “I wouldn’t mind fetching you to work or sending you home anytime.” Joohyun smiled shyly.

“Anyway, Joohyun, I want to apologize again for last night’s skin ship and the kiss. I didn’t intend on doing it. I’m sorry.” Yonghwa said sincerely, feeling a little sorry. Joohyun only shook her head.

“It’s okay, Yonghwa. I know you didn’t do it on purpose,” Joohyun replied smiling at Yonghwa, “I need to go back to my desk now. I’ll… See you around.” She turned her back and made her way to her desk. Her heart was pounding so hard. She was nervous around him and she did not know why. She did not understand this feeling that she felt. She brushed it off and started her day as per normal.

At the same time, Yonghwa was going crazy because he felt really happy that Joohyun had approached him first. She even gave him a bottle of ma juice that she had personally made. His smile was so wide that some might say that his cheekbones were ascending to heaven. He was doing his happy dance when he noticed that most of his colleagues were now staring at him like he was crazy.  He was crazy, crazy over Joohyun.

--

Yonghwa was back at home that night, watching a movie with Jonghyun and two of their other friends, Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jungshin. Yonghwa was not concentrating on the movie, despite it being his favourite movie, but he was thinking about Joohyun. He remembered her smile which made him smile, caught by Minhyuk who nudged at Jungshin. They both giggled between themselves wondering what Yonghwa was thinking of distract

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter