Chapter 3

Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since their meeting at the cafeteria last week, whenever Yonghwa saw Joohyun, he would always strike up a conversation or acknowledge her presence. Yonghwa felt like his work life seemed to be going well. He enjoyed doing his job very much with great colleagues and… Joohyun. He did not want to admit how much he enjoyed going to work more than usual because of Joohyun.

“Yonghwa! Pay attention!” a voice broke his concentration.

“Huh? Oh. Shinhye. What is it?” he asked her. She looked at him and smirked.

“Waaaah Yonghwa. Is something on your mind? Or rather, someone?” Shinhye teased, nudging him in the process and emphasizing the ‘someone’.

“WH-What? N-No… No! I’m not thinking of Joohyun!” Yonghwa blurted out. Shinhye just laughed.

“Joohyun? I didn’t mention her. Oooh Jung Yonghwaaaa. Falling in love I see. Go and ask her out! Stop being a coward.” Shinhye stated and laughed. She has never seen her friend so out of it and confused when it comes to a girl.

“Ahhh. Stop talking about her! Why are you here? What do you want?” Yonghwa asked, feeling annoyed. Shinhye just laughed it off and decided to not push him further and started to discuss their work projects.

That night, Yonghwa had to work late because of all the upcoming due date for his first project. He was sitting at his desk quietly typing away on his computer when he heard a faint thud sound coming from the department office door. He looked up, and realized that he was the only one left. The lights were all switched off, with only his desk light shining onto his desk. He looked around and was searching for the origin of the sound when he heard it again. All sorts of thoughts ran through his mind, being alone in the dark office at 11pm.

“What am I thinking? It’s probably nothing. I think I’ve watched too many horror movies. Maybe I should leave anyway.” Yonghwa thought. He began packing up his things and proceeded to switch off his desk light when he saw a woman figure coming towards him. Her hair was covering her face. His thoughts began to go crazy. He panicked and closed his eyes feeling afraid of what he just saw.

“Excuse me, Yonghwa?” a female voice spoke. Yonghwa shuddered when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He did not want to open his eyes.

“Yonghwa? It’s me, Joohyun.” The voice said, laughing softly. Yonghwa slowly opened his eyes and realized that it was, indeed, Joohyun standing in front of him. He let out a long sigh of relief.

“Oh? Joohyun? What are you doing here still? It’s late.” Yonghwa asked.

“Well, I should be asking you the same thing.” Joohyun stated, “Anyway, the department office door is locked. I can't open it. I think the security guards locked the door without realizing that we’re still inside. I was about to go to the emergency exit when I saw you. Shall we go together?”

Yonghwa looked around and realized that they were really the only ones le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter