Chapter 1

Try
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m sure we all go through days where we choose not to believe in love, and nights where we try to convince ourselves to not go through the pain of being in love.

 

Seo Joohyun has been going through it for a couple of weeks since her breakup with her, now, ex-boyfriend. She promised herself that she would not go through the same things she did with him.

 

*Flashback*

 

“I don’t love you” he said. Joohyun did not want to believe what she heard. She did not understand where she went wrong. They met in the most innocent of ways and went out a couple of times before he asked her to be his. She willingly accepted and they were together for almost a two years.

 

“I don’t understand” she said holding back her tears, “you told me you love me. You asked me to be yours. We've been together for almost two years!” She looked at him, eyes filled with hurt. She tried to hold his hand, reminding him what it felt like to have her hand in his, but he merely pushed it away. She took a step forward towards him, and he took a step back.

 

“I’m breaking up with you, Joohyun. I don’t love you. I never did.” he said coldly looking straight into her eyes.

 

“It’s over.”

 

With just those two words, he turned and walked away. Joohyun had no strength in her legs. She did not know whether to go after him or just let him go. She just let her tears flow.

 

*Flashback over*

 

He broke her heart. He broke her, and she did not understand how someone could be that cruel. She vowed to herself to not let love get in the way of anything. She vowed to build walls and barriers around her to keep out the possibility of someone breaking her heart once again.

 

Hence, Joohyun stayed that way for almost six years. She was turning 28 in a couple of months and she still had not let anyone in. It wasn’t as if she didn’t have any suitors. She just chose to close off her heart and not try.

 

Until she met a certain brown-eyed guy..

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter