Nerdy girl meets Mr.Perfect

Suddenly In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JiYeon's POV

“Crriiinnnnggggg”, my alarm clock rang and woke me up. I turned it off and rubbed my sleepy eyes. I got up and stretch out before going to the bathroom. After taking a bath, I changed into my school style then I went to the kitchen and ate a sandwich for my breakfast. I wore my usual school style; my school uniform, a pair of nerdy glasses, a black cap and ordinary black shoes. Before leaving, I grabbed my bag then bid goodbyes to my mom and my dad. I didn’t bother my parents to take me to school on my first day because I know that they are busy.

So I’ll tell you about myself; my name’s Park Jiyeon and I am a graduating student at Seoul High School. The fact that it’s my first day as a 4th year high school student, should make me excited but I’m not because I hate school. Even though I am smart and I am the top student in my school, I still hate school because there are always bullies in our school. My schoolmates don’t care about studying all they care about was their popularity ranking in our school. I am the first at our academics ranking in our school but my popularity ranking is at the bottom. My schoolmates always bully me and that is the reason why I hate going to school. I asked my parents so many times to just have home schooling but they said that I should have a social life and interact with others.

It’s another school year full of bullying for me and I also don’t have any friends. The last time I had a friend, it didn’t turn out good. She just used me to do her projects and many horrible things. My schoolmates don’t call me by my name; they call me “nerd”. I’m used to being called nerd and it doesn’t affect me anymore. I think they bully me because: 1) I look weak, 2) I have no friend to defend me, 3) A nerd like me don’t belong into a popularity-based school, 4) I’m not from a super-rich family and 5) They hate how I style myself. I usually ask bullies what’s wrong with my style and they always reply that my style doesn’t belong in this era.

I arrived in front of Seoul High School. Before entering, I let out a big sigh and lowered my cap so bullies won’t see me. I went to the bulletin board of our school to check my room. As expected there’s a lot of students looking for their designated rooms. It’s hard to squeeze myself into the jammed students but I tried my best to squeeze in and finally I could see my room number. When I was finished looking at my room number, I tried to get out but suddenly some girls, who bullied me last year, appeared.

“Get out of our way, nerd!” they yelled at me and pushed me back. When I got out of the jammed students, my cap fell and my hair was messy. I picked my cap and put it on. I was about to go when those girls pulled my hair then I fell on the ground and my cap fell again.

“Hahaha, silly nerdy girl”, they teased me and continued pulling my hair. I could see that all of the students were surrounding us even the jammed students, who were looking at the bulletin board a while ago, were watching us.

“Go! Go! Go!” students around us shouted and as usual they were cheering for the mean girls. They stopped pulling my hair and I picked my cap. The mean girls suddenly grabbed my cap then my glasses.

“Hey! Give it back”, I shouted at them but they won’t listen. I was about to get up when I felt a pain in my knee; I got a wound in my knee. Maybe I got it when they pulled my hair and I fell. I can’t get up because it’s so painful.

“Hey”, I heard a boy called and he got everyone’s attention. I didn’t bother looking at him because it’s now my chance to escape. I bore the pain of my wound and got up then I grabbed my cap and glasses from the mean girls. I ran as fast as I could and went straight to the restroom. I tied my hair and wore my cap and glasses. Before I went out, I fixed my appearance and wiped my sweat.

I entered the classroom and found an empty seat at the back right corner of the classroom near the window. I walked straight to that seat without looking at my classmates. But as expected someone would bully me again. I suddenly fell down when someone tripped me and they all laughed at me. It made my wound more painful but I won’t cry despite all this bullying incidents in my first half hour as a fourth year high school student. I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter