Chapter 2

White Flag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: an update... finally! my uni's assignments are killing me and i can't even think of anything except this weird and crappy chapter, so let me apologize to all of you ;_;

The next chapter might be up soon! i'm working on it right now :') 

so enjooy this crappy update! :')

 

 

“Daddy!” Nini shouts with excitement in her tone, her cheeks are flushed red and her eyelids flutters as she watches Yifan putting on his black suit. Yifan doesn’t care, he keeps staring at his reflection in the mirror while fixing his tie.

Tao laughs when Nini runs into Yifan and hug his thighs with her tiny arms.  “Daddy! Can we go to the park this afternoon?” Nini asks, looking adorable with her pastel gown and her ballerina shoes. Yifan doesn’t answer and that’s enough to let Tao knows that Yifan is not in the mood to deal with Nini, he’s never in the mood to begin with.

Tao steps forward, holding both of the little girl’s shoulders as he tries to pull her off Yifan, “Daddy is busy, you can go with me” Tao says while gently brushing her beautiful straight hair.

But Nini is stubborn, just like Wu Yifan. She shakes her head, “I want to go with this daddy!” she says while tightening her arms  around Yifan. Tao can hear Yifan’s heavy breath as he tries his best to pull Nini off Yifan’s legs.

The little girl is rebellious, just like Wu Yifan so it’s kind of useless.

“Get off me.” Yifan finally says with low dangerous tone but the little girl keeps shaking her head.

“Nini—“

“I said get off me!” Yifan says, pushing Nini away until the little girl stumbles back and almost fall to the ground, thankfully Tao is quick enough to catch her before she falls. Yifan walks away from the two of them and Nini start to cry.

Tao huffs while pulling Nini into his arms. “will you stop using violence?” Tao asks before Yifan glares at him. The older man grabs his car key, his hand reaches the door knob. He takes one last look at Tao.

“shut her up and I will.” Yifan says before he slams the door closed.

Nini is crying and it makes Tao’s chest tightens at the sight of the little girl crying in his arms. Tao decides to take Nini out to stop the girl from crying. He puts on Nini’s favorite torquise sweater and puts on her shoes as the little girl starts to calm down.

He wipes Nini’s wet cheeks and grabs a bottle of banana milk from the fridge. He gives it to Nini and the little girl smiles at him. She’s indeed an angel. As soon as the little girl finishes her banana milk, Tao grab the car key, sitting Nini on the passenger seat and fastened her seatbelt.

“Let’s go!”

 

-*-

 

 “Hurry up. She won’t stop calling me” Yifan rolls his eyes as soon as Tao gets off from the car. Tao went back home earlier to drop Nini off and put on a nice suit for this event. Although he is sorry that he’s late, Yifan doesn’t seem to care.

Yifan yawns while pulling one of his hand out of his pocket before he grabs a hold of Tao’s hand. Yifan’s hand is indeed warm and Tao likes how they hold hands. Yifan’s hands are so huge that they’re almost a size of Tao’s face. Those hands are warm and very gentle.

“You’re dozing off.” Yifan’s voice makes Tao tensed. He nods, swallowing his own spit as he tries to catch up with Yifan.

A Saturday afternoon dinner with Yifan’s mother once in a month has became a tradition. Yifan’s mother will always invite the two of them over just to have a dinner and talking about this and that. Tao personally likes Yifan’s mother, she likes to spoil her little fatty eventhough he’s already 27 years old.

Tao walks faster, finally catching up with Yifan as he walks right next to Yifan. There’s a little pep on his step because he’s happy, even some simple things like holding hands can make him happy.

He can’t hide his smile as his mouth curves into a subtle smile, but it quickly fades when some foreign scents passes his nostrils.

This is not his Hugo Boss. Tao knits his eyebrows as he walks faster, trying to sniff the strong foreign scent around Yifan’s shoulder. Tao’s chest clenches, wondering who’s the owner of this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter