Final

White Flag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“we’re over.” Tao says as he pushes Yifan off him, turning on his heels as he walks towards the drawer to get his car key.

Yifan’s eyes shot wide open, “what?” he says while running towards the door, blocking Tao’s way out.

“I said we’re over, Yifan.  You cheated on me and you sent Nini off to god knows where. I’ve had enough, Yifan. Go ing live with that Huan Yue girl! Have the beautiful wedding with her like what you’ve always wanted and go rot in hell together with her for abandoning your own daughter.”

“what are you talk—“

“you know exactly what I’m talking about.” Tao inhales sharply before glaring at the older man.

“Tao—”

“I’m raising my white flag, Yifan. I’m leaving. I don’t want to see you anymore and I want you to disappear.“

Yifan catches Tao’s arm, yanks him until the younger man stumbles back and almost fall down, “No! I once lost everything because of that little devil and I’m not going to let it happen twice!” He shouts, anger and fears fill his shaking eyes.

“Sorry, you just did.” Tao says, shoving Yifan’s hand off him before he turns around slams the door shut. Leaving Yifan dumbfounded on his spot.

“so you left him just like that?” Lu Han asks and Tao nods his head.

 “He sent Nini off and I don’t know where is she now…” Tao huffs as he sip his lemon tea. Luhan pats Tao’s shoulder, Tao looks up at Luhan and the older man flash a gentle smile at him.

Lu Han huffs, “I’m sorry I can’t do anything Tao… I wished I could help you.” Lu Han says in a very comforting tone. He holds Tao’s hand tightly, telling him that he’s sincere.

Tao forces a bitter laugh but smiles anyway, “it’s okay Lu-ge, I think it’s for the best. You’re right, I should’ve listen to you.”

Luhan smiles, “we’re human. We make mistake Tao.”

 

-*-

 

The next morning Tao wakes up alone on his old bed. His mother calls him for breakfast and he gets up immediately, although it feels different now without Yifan by his side. He puts on his shirt and walks downstair. It’s been a long time since someone serves him a breakfast, especially his mother.

Tao greets his mother and the old woman smiles at him, pecking his cheek while her hand rubbing tao’s back gently. No matter how hard you try to hide something from your mother, she’ll always found out.

“eat more, you’re getting skinnier it hurts my heart” His mom says, looking upset as he nods and picks up his silver spoon. He starts to eat the rice congee while his mom watching him.

“did he hurt you?” His mom asks and Tao can only smiles at her. He doesn’t want his mother to find out the truth.

“he came here last night...”

Tao stops eating as he looks up at his mother, “what for? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“he apologized to me and said that he’s going back to Canada. I didn’t tell you because I don’t want him to hurt anymore. You’re my one and only sun and it hurts me to see you being cove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter