Chapter 5

White Flag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Huan Yue was 16 and Yifan was 19 back then. They’re both young and fell in love with each other but Huan-Huan’s father refused to approve their relationship. Huan Yue was pregnant a year later and her father found out about it. She insisted to have the baby but when Nini was born, Huan Yue’s father took her back to China and gave Nini to Yifan’s mother. They left without a trace and that’s exactly why Yifan hates Nini, because he thinks that Nini is the reason why Huan Yue had to leave” Luhan explains while staring at the citrus’s pulp inside his cup.

Tao nods, his chest tightens and it hurts.

“I should’ve told you earlier. I’m sorry, Tao… I’ll do anything you want to make it up to you.” Luhan apologizes, the look of guilty all over his face as Tao forces himself to smile. He’s simply thankful that he got to know Luhan.

Luhan always have thousand sweet words to comfort someone, no wonder why Sehun loves him so much he can’t live a day without him.

“just leave Tao …” Luhan says, more like giving him an advice.

Tao laughs bitterly, “why everyone keeps telling me to leave when I wanted to stay?” he says as he crosses his arms on his chest. Luhan palms his hands, anger fills his doe eyes.

“look at how many times he hurt you! Look at how many times you forgave him!” Luhan snaps angrily and Tao is simply touched by how much the older man cares about him.

Tao huffs, “I never forgave him. I never had to, because he never promised me anything.”

“but—“

Tao shakes his head no and smiles at Luhan, “This too shall pass, Lu-ge.”

 

-*-

 

Tao reaches home, kicking off his shoes before he hangs his coat. He notices Yifan on the couch, being a couch potato he is. Tao decides not to approach him and just walk straight into the kitchen before the older man calls his name.

He turns around, walking back to the living room as he watches Yifan taps the empty seat on the couch.Tao inhales sharply before he takes the empty seat next to Yifan.

“what?” Tao asks, couldn’t hide the fact that he’s not in a good mood. The older man grins before he rest his head on Tao’s lap.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter