Save the Prince

Our Children

“But I don’t want to be a Princess!” Sooyeong grumbled to her playmates, “I want to be a knight.”

 

The twins blinked towards their most girly friend in astonishment. Sooyeong always played the princess or the mommy or the nurse or whatever main female role categorised their particular game of the day because she liked to be dressed up in pretty frocks with her hair all nicely done and a little bit of makeup on. She was the sort of girl who could spend hours playing with a baby doll or her collection of Barbie’s and never get bored.

 

So to say that they were surprised that she wanted to play a knight which would only end up with her splattered with mud and muck and grass stains was to say that bubble tea did not exist. It was unheard of and not one of the three little friends could find any reason for it.

 

Even Ai looked rather bemused towards the current youngest girl and blinked towards her, “But Sooye always plays the Princess.”

 

“Well I want a change,” Sooye said, “Yue can be the princess for once.”

 

Immediately Tai burst into laughter, “Yue be the princess? Sooye are you trying to get us all killed?”

 

“Hey, what’s wrong with me being a princess?” Yue said glaring towards her brother.

 

“You would order us to have our heads chopped off in five seconds and then horde all of the teddies to yourself,” Tai said matter of fatly.

 

Sooye sighed, “Fine then, Ai can be the Princess.”

 

“He’s a boy,” Tai said, wondering just what had happened to his little cousin to make her so adamant about not being the princess because this was hard, “Boys can’t be princesses.”

 

“He can be a prince though,” Yue cut in with a grin, “Like in the movie? The boy was a prince.”

 

Ai blinked, “But why would a Prince not just save himself?”

 

“I dunno,” Tai shrugged, “But do you really want to argue with Sooye over it?”

 

Turning to look as said girl, Ai paled immediately because she was giving him a look that pretty much equated to the scariest thing in the entire world and quickly he hid behind Tai. “No…I’ll be the prince and Sooye can come and save me.”

 

“Hmmm then Tai should be the big mean dragon that we’ve got to fight to get through,” Yueliang said with a happy grin, “Then that way it’s more fun.”

 

“But Daddy said that I wasn’t to beat you up anymore Yue,” Tai pointed out.

 

“Well I’ll be the one doing the beating so you won’t get into trouble will you?” Yue said sweetly towards her brother who took a few seconds to think about that statement before nodding at her.

 

“Okay! Ai is the prince who needs to be saved, I’m the dragon who’ll try to stop you, Sooye is the big strong night and you’re a pixie!”

 

Yue pouted, “I don’t want to be a pixie.”

 

“Fine you can be the wizard then,” Sooye said, already storming towards the costume box in order to grab things for them all.

 

Yue let out a happy squeal and raced towards the box as well, tagging her brother’s arm in an insane sort of tag game which they forever seemed to have going on and Ai followed on uncertainty.

 

It took a few minutes to sort out costumes, mainly because they had to improvise with the dragon look for Tai with a borrowed red blanket and a fuzzy hat from the wardrobe of their parents and the fact that they realised that they didn’t actually have a prince dress up so Ai had to be forced into a princess dress at one point but shortly after they were charging around the back garden, as merry as can be with loud cries and calls to one another as Sooye proved to be an ample Knight.

 

Though just a touch on the over enthusiastic side.

 

Jongin stood at the window, frowning before he slowly turned towards Luhan and Xiumin who had the babysitting duty today, “Okay, what the hell have that unicorn and dragon been doing to corrupt the kids?”

 

“Oh this is normal,” Luhan said with a light shrug as he refocused on taking pictures with his phone, “For us anyway.”

 

Xiumin nodded, “Yeah, you should have seen your Sooye playing Daddy the other day, she was ten times worse.”

 

Jongin sighed and shook his head, “Hmmm, I think maybe it’ high time that I had a word with Sooyeong.”

 

“Yup,” Luhan said before raising a little, “Around about now would be good cause I don’t think Tai’s going to take much more before he strikes back at her if she…”

 

Hurrying forward, Jongin quickly caught hold of his daughters hand and pulled her back a little from the group to tell her off for her aggressive ways and then to make her apologise towards Taiyang for being too rough. However the eldest boy barely seemed bothered and just pinched her nose before running off claiming to have won some victory before Sooye was off after him, yelling that he had cheated.

 

Jongin blinked in complete astonishment and turned to Yue for an explanation who merely shrugged towards him, “Tai likes girls who beat him, don’t ask me why.”

 

Unable to come up with an answer, Jongin just shook his head and watched as Yue headed over to Ai in order to rescue him from the top of the mini adventure play set before leading him to the colouring table where there were some pictures to finish off from earlier. Jongin was positive that he was never going to get this whole situation and in some ways, he was quite thankful for that fact.

 

Especially when Luhan shared the latest playdate pictures with everyone one their little private weibo server later that day and everyone cooed over the cuteness of the children. Just as it was meant to be.  

 

authors babbling:

just some cute kids playing to cheer us up from the poor Taohun situation I've got in the other fic. I promise that one will get cuter and fluffier but it's got to go quite dark to begin with 

and yeah Ai got lumbered with being the princess but he didn't seem to mind too much which is good