Chapter 5

How the Years Go By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dad stop it and listen to me.”

Jongwoon stared at his father, tears were falling from his eyes. He could tell that his father was shocked to see him crying. He never cried infront of his father.

“Dad… I am sorry.”

“What do you mean, Jongwoon-ah?” Mr. Kim got startled with his son’s words.

Jongwoon shifted his gaze to the side. His brothers were staring at him intently, waiting for the explanation. He faced his father and closed his eyes. Let’s just end all of this façade.

“I am sorry Dad. I refused to be the heir of your business. I don't want to.”

“What are you talking about Jongwoon-ah? Listen to-“

“I ALWAYS LISTEN DAD. I ALWAYS DO.” Jongwoon screamed, cutting his father words. “I always listen to what Dad says!! But… do you even listen to what I want to say, Dad? You never know what I want, what I like, what I do. You never want to know...”

Jongwoon took a deep breath. He let them all out. Things that he had been holding the past years. He finally had courage to say them. He had to if he wanted a change for himself and his family.

“You’ve been treating me differently ever since I was a kid just because I was born earlier. You told me I shouldn’t get jealous when you played with Jongjin. You told me I couldn’t get angry when you hung out with Jongin. You told me I have to be strong for the family. Because I am the eldest, I can’t be selfish? I am aware that I was more mature than Jongjin and Jongwoon. But.. I was still a kid! A kid who wanted the same loving treatment from my parents. You always think I am capable to do anything alone... but I am your son, Dad… I still want your love. You want me to be perfect example for my brothers. I tried, Dad…  I really did for many years. But I have a limit. I am tired… really.”

Their father froze on his spot and didn’t say anything. The eldest man in the room felt like he just got slapped by harsh reality. He really never paid attention to Jongwoon because he thought his eldest son was capable to do anything alone. The raven never complained nor refused his orders. He was embarrassed with himself. He left the living room without looking at his sons.

Jongwoon sobbed and slumped down to the floor. Jongjin squatted down infront of his eldest brother. He wiped the tears off Jongwoon's face. Usually Jongwoon was the one who did it because he was a cry baby. But this time he wouldn't cry. He wanted to be strong for Jongwoon.

“You finally show us your weakness, Jongwoon-ah?” Jongin sat down beside Jongwoon and hugged him. The raven cried into the maknae's shoulder. “You are an idiot and you know it since beginning.” The eldest looked up and Jongin chuckled at Jongwoon’s adorable expression. His nose was red and his eyes were a bit swollen from crying. He sniffed and frowned slightly. He was confused with the situation now.

“You know you can’t hide all of your feelings forever right? We noticed it, Jongwoon-ah. You were hiding all of your emotions from us and it really made me angry. You shouldn’t be afraid to express your mind or feelings, at least not us, your own brothers.” Jongin answered Jongwoon’s confusion as he caressed the raven hair softly. “I hate when you act like a hyung, you know? It feels like you are distancing your self with me. You wanted to take care of me and Jongjin but you didn’t allow us to take care of you. You are so annoying.”

Jongwoon cried harder in Jongin’s embrace. He realized that he was also at fault. He put a huge barrier between him and his brothers. He didn’t let anyone, including his brothers to fix their relationship. He was a fool.

“I-I-am sorry. I am just trying to be a good brother.”

“Aigooo, I thought you were the hyung, but you cry harder than me.” Jongjin laughed and it drew small smile on Jongwoon’s face. “We are triplets, remember? We have a strong connection between each others. When you are sad, I will be sad too. So please.. please Jongwoonie, don’t hide what you feel to us.”

Jongwoon felt warm. He always thought that no one cared. He was wrong. His brothers always cared about him. He just didn’t pay attention and open his eyes better. His brothers were always there since beginning as a wall to lean on but he didn’t let himself to see because his ego as the eldest among them.

“I promise.” Jongwoon smiled at the two.

That night, the triplets fell asleep in the same room, on the same bed as they were telling stories about themselves.

 

 

Jongwoon woke up from his sleep and felt like his body got crushed. He checked his left, Jongjin was sleeping while holding his arm. He turned his head to the right and saw Jongin snu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter