Prologue

How the Years Go By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongwoon was busy drawing a car on the paper with his crayon when he heard loud cry from one of his brother. He turned his head to the side and saw Jongjin in his father’s arms.

“Jongjin-ah, why are you crying?”

A man with dimple wiped the tears from the crying kid. Beside both of them, there was another kid with a cap on his head scowling at the crying kid. The kid with a cap folded his arms and pouted.

“Jonginie pushed me and took my ball.” Jongjin sobbed harder.

The father moved his gaze at the kid with a cap and scolded him. “Why did you do that, Jongin-ah? You both should play together. Now apologize to Jongjin and hug him.”

Jongin huffed and shook Jongjin’s shoulder lightly. “Jongjin-ah, Sorry.” Jongin hugged his brother which made Jongjin stopped crying. They both hugged each other and start giggling, drawing a pleased smile from his father.

Jongwoon watched the scene in silent. He just kept staring at his brothers until he made eye contact with his father. The man got up and walked towards his direction. A gentle pat landed on Jongwoon’s head.

“Jongwoonie, you should take care of your brothers, okay? Dad is working so hard to earn money for Jongwoon, Jongjin and Jongin.”

The 5 years old blinked and nodded.

“Good boy! You are very reliable hyung.”

Jongwoon continued to draw with his crayon. Sometime he glanced at Jongjin and Jongin who are busy playing ball together.

Jongwoon was only 4 minutes older but he behaved like an adult. Being the eldest among his triplet brothers made his father depends on him a lot. His parents mostly poured their attention to Jongjin and Jongin. Jongin was a cry-baby. He cried easily over everything. Meanwhile Jongin was quite rebel and always do anything he wants. Jongwoon was quiet and calm for kid his age. His father thought that Jongwoon was very mature so he didn't really worry a lot. For a 5 years old kid, Jongwoon was aware that his father has a high expectation for him as the hyung. He tried his best to make his father proud.

Little did his father know, Jongwoon actually wanted the same loving treatment that he always gives to his triplet brothers.

 

 

“Woonie~ Jonginie~ Let’s eat together.” Jongjin clung to Jongwoon’s side while eyeing Jongin.

“Why do we have to eat together? We are already 10 years old! I want to eat alone! ” Jongin frowned at his brother’s idea. They were always doing things together at home so what’s the point of staying together again at school? Didn’t Jongjin feel bored? Beside they are already in elementary school, it’s just embarrassing for him!

Jongjin pouted and untangled his arm from Jongwoon’s body. He clung to Jongin’s side. “But we are triplet brothers and brothers always stay together!”

Jongin shook Jongjin’s arm off his body roughly which made Jongjin fell on his . Jongwoon who saw that immediately helping his brother to get up from the ground. He threw a glare at Jongin.

“Jongin-ah! You shouldn’t do that.  Jongjin wants us to eat together, so let’s just eat.”

Jongin scowled at Jongwoon. “Stop scolding me, you are only 4 minutes older. Don’t act like you are my hyung!”

“Jongin-ah! St

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter