Chapter 2

How the Years Go By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am Jongwoon sunbae’s biggest fan.” Kyuhyun grinned like a child.

"NO!" Jongwoon yelled like someone just poked him with something hot.

Jongwoon dragged a confused Jongjin away from Kyuhyun and pushed him into the car. He started the engine and without looking back, both leaving the freshman in the parking lot. The trip to their home was quiet at first but Jongjin broke the silence.

“He is your fan, Jongwoonie? You have a fan?”

Jongwoon gripped the steering wheel tightly. He knew that his brother wouldn’t let things that make him curious go. He wanted to ignore Jongjin’s question but he also knew that Jongjin would keep asking until he gets the answer. No matter how long is it.

“No. I don't know him.”

Jongjin realized that Jongwoon doesn’t want to talk about it but he couldn't miss the chance to tease his brother. “But I understand if you have fans though. You are gorgeous. Ugh, I feel like praising my self since we kinda look alike.”

“You are such a narcissistic.” Jongwoon laughed at his brother’s words. He always felt comfortable to laugh or talk with Jongjin. The middle of the triplets was friendly to everyone and loved to joke around. He was also good at making witty comments. No wonder he was a social butterfly in their university. Jongjin was loveable.

They stopped talking and decided to turn on the music player, enjoying the music in silent. Jongwoon’s smile slowly disappeared when he thought about his other brother. He secretly sighed.

It would be nice, if I could joke around with Jongin too.

 

 

“Stop following me, Kyuhyun-ssi!”

Another new day in the university with Kyuhyun pestering Jongwoon to everywhere. Since their last encounter in parking lot, Kyuhyun was being bold at showing his interest over the sunbae. The lanky brunette kept following him everywhere, begging Jongwoon to be his friend. On the other hand, Jongwoon was stressing out because Kyuhyun had been disturbing his peaceful and quiet life. He got nervous easily when he heard the velvety voice calling his name.

“Jongwoon hyung, why are you running from me? Where are you going?”

Yes, the brunette started calling him with Hyung now since he thought 'Hyung' sounded more intimate than sunbae. Jongwoon, once again had to facepalm about the freshman’s logic. He didn’t even consider him as friend but Kyuhyun kept acting like they were close friends. And it was annoying.

He walked faster and went to the other side of the building. He planned to meet Jongjin at parking lot before his class but since the brunette kept following him, he changed the meet up place. He looked back and sighed in relief when he didn’t see Kyuhyun. The freshman might have long legs but he definitely lacked of exercise which was good for Jongwoon because Kyuhyun couldn’t catch up with his steps.

“Jongwoonie!”

The raven haired man’s face brighten up when he saw Jongjin walked towards his direction. Jongwoon could see some students from Art department waved and greeted his brother which Jongjin replied with a cute smile. His brother was famous in every departement.

“Jongwoonie, I will come home late. So you can go back first. Oh, here’s the key of my car. Don’t worry for me because my friend will drive me home later.”

Jongwoon took the key from his brother. Jongjin started talking about heating the soup and what Jongwoon should do while the eldest busy buttoning up his brother’s coat. Jongwoon didn’t want his brother to catch a cold because the weather was getting colder these days. He didn’t realize when Jongjin stopped talking about the chores.

“Jongwoon, it’s your friend.”

Jongwoon looked up. “Huh?”

“Your friend is here. Or more like, your fan?”

Jongwoon froze. He didn’t want to turn his head to check because he knew. He freaking knew who Jongjin was talking about. Because Jongwoon didn’t say anything, Jongjin decided to greet the lanky man infront of him.

“Hello?”

Jongwoon snapped out from his frozen state. “He isn’t my fan, Jongjin-ah. Now go back to your class.”

"But really, I am a fan of your painting." Kyuhyun shouted with loud voice, making the brothers jumped in shock.

Jongjin was surprised at first but then he laughed because he found that the situation is cute. He smiled at Kyuhyun, ignoring Jongwoon who keep tugging his coat. He tried to stop his brother to talk with Kyuhyun but he failed of course.

"Nice to hear that. My brother is a handsome and talented painter. No wonder you fanboy over him! Anyway, I am Jongwoon's triplet brothers, Jongjin. I am from Literature department."

"Triplets?" Kyuhyun was confused.

"Yes, twins are overrated. I, Jongwoon and our another brother were born at the same day. Jongwoon is 2 minutes older than me." He giggled at Kyuhyun's awe expression.

“Wow, that’s amazing! But from what I see, you guys aren’t identical, right? It would be awesome if there were 3 Jongwoon hyung!” Kyuhyun’s innocent words made Jongjin burst in laughter.

Jongwoon kept fidgeting on his spot. They didn’t realize that the raven haired man was uncomfortable with Jongjin and Kyuhyun’s interaction. He felt left out even though he didn’t want to join their conversation. For strange reason, he had this insecure feeling that Kyuhyun would like his brother better than him.

“Can you leave now, Jongjin?” Jongwoon interrupted.

“Wait, I haven’t introduced my self yet. Hello Jongjin sunbae, I am Cho Kyuhyun from Music department. Nice to meet you.”  Kyuhyun bowed politely.

“Aigoo, don’t be too polite to me. You can call me with Jongjin hyung like you call Jongwoon though.” Jongjin waved his hand while chuckling. He spotted Jongwoon who stared at the ground while playing with the hem of his jacket. “Okay okay... Jongwoon, I will leave. Seems like you are afraid that I will steal your fan.”

Jongwoon snapped his gaze up and shook his head furiously. “No, NO. I mean… you have.. you have class soon. So.. so you-“

“I know Jongwoonie. Don’t need to explain. Okay, see you later then. Take care of Jongwoon okay, Kyuhyun-ah!” Jongjin winked at Kyuhyun before stepping back and ran to other direction. Kyuhyun gave a thumb while Jongwoon choked on his own saliva.

“So….” Kyuhyun started to open conversation but Jongwoon was walking away.

“Jongwoon hyung! Yah!”

“Don’t call me with Hyung. I am not your friend. AND stop following me.” Jongwoon walked faster while Kyuhyun followed him behind but then he stopped walking when he spotted a tall man with blond-silver hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter