Chapter 3

How the Years Go By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongwoon sat on the sofa while flipping through tv channels. He mindlessly switched the channels, from news, a talk show, music show, movies but none of them caught his attention. He decided to turn off the TV. It was almost midnight and he couldn’t sleep. Both of his triplet brothers weren’t home yet. Jongjin told him before that he would come home late but Jongin, he was worried because the blond haired man didn’t tell him anything.

He hugged  his knees and closed his eyes. He enjoyed the silence. He convinced himself that he liked to the situation right now because he was already used with being alone. People labeled him as introvert. It was kind of true but sometime Jongwoon wanted someone to talk. He wanted to talk about many things he couldn’t say to his brothers and his parents. Jongwoon felt like he was wearing a mask to cover his insecurity. His father had a very high expectation for him. When he was a kid, his parents focused a lot on Jongjin and Jongin more than himself. It was already expected though, with Jongjin who easily cried over everything and Jongin who liked to cause trouble. Jongwoon was a good kid. He never made his parents angry and obeyed everything they said. They treated him like an adult. Everything was fine for him so he had no clue what went wrong with the relationship between him and his brothers, especially Jongin. His thought was interrupted with a loud noise from the main door.

“Jongjin-ah? Jongin-ah?”

Jongwoon got up and checked who just slammed the door. He was surprised when he saw a drunk Jongin on the floor. He ran to his brother and tried to lift him up by placed Jongin’s arm around his shoulder.

“Oh hyungie is here. Jongwoonie is acting as hyung.” Jongin slurred.

“What are you talking about… come on.”

It was pretty hard to do since Jongin is taller and heavier than Jongwoon. He dragged the maknae into his room and lay him on the bed. He covered him with a quilt but then Jongin kicked it off and shouted angrily.

“YOU… GO AWAY!”

Jongwoon was shocked and tried to calm his brother. His hands were trembling as he picked up the quilt. “Jongin-ah.. Jongin-ah, Are you okay? do you need a glass of water?”

“NO. I don’t need anything. I don’t even need you as hyung! Go away! You don’t care about me. You don’t even care about yourself!”

Jongwoon hugged the quilt tightly. He was scared with Jongin’s sudden rage. The words felt like thousand of knives stabbing his heart. He moved back slowly.

“Jongin-ah. I am.. I am sorry I-I- don’t know what went wrong Jongin-ah. Fo- forgive me.” Jongwoon’s voice cracked. He knew that he was going to cry but he bit his lips. He didn’t want to cry infront of his brother.

Jongin was angry at the response. He got up and pushed Jongwoon hard, making him fell. The pain made him groaned loudly. The alcohol system slowly disappeared from Jongin’s mind when he heard his brother’s groan and he realized that he just hurt his brother. He was about to help him up when the door opened.

“What’s with the- JONGWOON?!”

Jongjin arrived at home few minutes ago and he heard the shout from Jongin’s room. He opened the door and found Jongwoon groaning on the floor.

“Oh my god Jongwoon?! Are you okay?” He helped him to get up with teary eyes while Jongin froze on the spot with shocked face. “Jonginie! Did you push him?! What the hell are you doing?!”

“I am okay Jongjin-ah. Don’t worry. Jongin was just a bit drunk.” Jongwoon cringed as he stood up. It was painful at first because his back hit the door very hard but he knew that later it would be okay. He stared at Jongin with worry. He was sure that Jongin didn’t mean to push him. He was drunk and angry of course his mind wouldn’t work properly.

“What are you talking about?! You are not okay. Can you walk?” Jongjin hysterically asked Jongwoon.

“Yes. I can walk. It’s okay. It’s already past midnight. Let’s sleep. We all have class later.”

Jongwoon slightly limped when he walked to the door. Jongjin was assisting him so he wouldn’t fall. Before he closed the door, he turned his head to Jongin who was looking at the ground. He was aware the Jongin felt guilty and he didn’t want to make him feel so.

“Jongin-ah, I am okay. Don’t worry.” He smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter