Chapter 8

Choose Me

Hyoyeon

"What do you mean your dad already dismissed the other girls?" 

"Sweet pea..." Chen walks to towards me now and hug me. His head is resting on my shoulder and I feel my shoulder get wet. He's crying. I don't want to ask why he's crying, I just want him to let it all out so I hug him back and pat his back. There must be something seriously wrong because he's always happy. What could it be? He pulls away now. I take his face in my hands and I look at the man I adore. I just look at his eyes and he looks back at mines. I wipe his tears away and keep my eyes locked with his.

"He has cancer, my dad has cancer." I plug all the pieces together, his dad dismissing the girls, Chen coming to talk to me, his dad having cancer. We need to get married before Chen's dad passes away so he can son get married, and so Chen can take over the company. Wow, can I do this? I know I want to marry Chen but everything is happening so quickly... But I have to do this. I understand what Chen is feeling, my dad is dying too. He wants to see me married just like Chen's dad does. I feel in love with Chen within hours of meeting him. See, that's what I hate about society. Just because I haven't known him for long, that means that our love isn't going to last long, but they're wrong. I'm in this with Chen, I know in my soul that this is a once in a lifetime chance and I would be stupid to think of ever letting it go. All of my life I've waited for the day I would meet a man who is loyal, sincere and caring. Chen is way more than what my dreams ever imagined. I feel like a princess when he holds me. You know you love him, when he touches you and you will never feel the same. That touch, changes everything like if anyone ever tried to touch you their touch wouldn't feel the same as the touch by the person you love. I just know Chen is the one because my soul, body, heart, and mind all connect when it's him that's involved. I know it might be crazy, I've only just began to start seeing him but I already love him deeply. 

I love Chen. I'm going this. 

"Please don't cry, I know how you feel my dad is also dying and I know how it feels but please stay strong for us. Don't worry, I'll marry you, I'll do anything for you." I really mean that, I hope he believes me.

"I'll be strong I promise, for us." 

Chen holds both of my hands in his and kisses them. Then he drops them. And gets on one knee. My heart is pounding so hard. He's holding a ring box and inside the most shiny beautiful diamond, the ring is very detailed with many small diamonds and it's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. I start crying, this is amazing.

"Hyoyeon. I love you so much, I've been loving you since I was a rookie and I saw you dancing. I loved you then. I knew I wouldn't ever get the chance to kiss, or love you and look at me know. I'm living the dreams I dreamed about for so long. What I'm asking you now is what I've been dreaming about since I saw you. When I saw you at that meeting, I knew it had to be you there could be no one else. I know when I see you that you would be the perfect mom for our kids, and the best wife ever. I want you to live life with me, to laugh with me even when things aren't funny, cry with me because we're only human and hold my hand even when there's a storm and things are bad. Sweet pea, be by my side, until the end of time. I love you Hyoyeon. Will you marry me?"

He's looking at me, I feel complete. Everything he's said to me, it keeps repeating in my head. I'm speechless and still crying. I need to give him my answer.

"Yes."

 

hope you all enjoyed the chapter, there are many more to come.

please upvote, comment, subscribe, I really appreciate it :)