Chapter 2

Choose Me

Chen

I'm standing in the middle of my mom and dad. We're at the ballroom of the Lotte Hotel Seoul, waiting for the girls and their parents to arrive. My palms are sweaty, but I remain my cool. I hear chatter coming from outside and clicks of heels. My heart jumps. I wonder who they are. I fix my posture, and my suit and tie. I look towards the door, waiting for someone to walk through. Can they walk any faster, I think I'm going to have a heart attack. A few seconds later I see Jin Se Yon, and her parents. Wow, she looks gorgeous. I swallow. She's wearing a short black dress, and strappy heels, and I can't help but stare at her legs. Nice. They're walking towards me now and my parents. Don't look too anxious Chen, get a grip of yourself. Jin Se Yon is right in front of me now, she bows and smiles at me. I love her smile, it's so welcoming. 

"Hello nice to meet you, I'm Jin Se Yon. This is my mom, and this is my dad." She introduces her parents to me and they bow and greet me.

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Jin, I'm Kim Jong-dae. Please take a seat, and makes yourself comfortable"

I see them as they walk to a table, they look like they're a very close family. Se Yon doesn't seem bothered by her parents and she looks really happy they're with her. I take another look at her, she's so lively. The dress she's wearing is too short, but it accents her curves. If she was mines, I wouldn't let her wear that out of the house. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear footsteps outside of the ballroom again. This is the second girl, I hope she makes an impression on me like Jin Se Yon did. I'm glaring at the door now, I feel more anxious than before. A sparkle catches my eyes. It's her shoes, they're shinning. I look up to see the girl who's those shoes belong to. It's I.U. Wow. I.U wants to marry me. This is crazy, I smile. This is one of the biggest compliments ever. I see I.U all the time singing at award shows and I hear her on the radio. And now, she's walking towards me. She walks with grace. Her dress flows when she walks. She looks like an angel. She looks way different than Se Yon. I.U looks y but it's not in the way she's dressed, it's that she's smiling and working what she's wearing. She could be wearing the simplest dress but make it look like the most expensive dress just by the way she sells it. I can't help but smile. She's so cute. I'm hooked, it's like her presence is a drug and I want to be on whatever she is on. She's about to reach me, but she doesn't stop walking, she takes more steps and hugs me. She hugs me. I get butterflies instantly, I like this girl. 

"I'm I.U, Thank you for making one of the chosen ones." She says the last part to my parents. I see my parents smiling, they like her too. Then she looks at me again.

"Chen, nice to meet you. I know we'll get along fine." She gives me a big smile. Her smile reaches her eyes. I want to hug her, she looks like a cute puppy. 

"I hope you're right about that. I'm Chen, but you already know that. Nice to meet you I.U" 

She smiles at me, she seems to know what she's doing since she walks to a table. I notice then, that she came alone. My mom answers my thoughts and tells me her parents are out of the country right now. I wish she wasn't sitting in a table all alone, my throat even gets kind of dry. I wish someone was sitting with her, maybe even me. So far there's two girls here which means, two more girls left. I take the phone out of my pocket and I go to Kakao Talk. I have a new message from Baekhyun. 

  • BaekhyunluvsTaeyon: Hey bro, how's everything going? Anyone catch your attention yet?

I'm about to reply when my mom touches my arm. I look up, and I see a girl wearing a small blue skirt, with a white shirt and matching white heels. She's the only girl so far not wearing a dress. She doesn't even have to. I catch the girls looking at her with envy. This must be their competition, I know that already. It's Bae Suzy. She's stunning, and her confidence makes her more attractive. I like the fact she's not wearing a dress, she doesn't seem to take it to a disadvantage, she actually looks really happy with her choice. I'm happy with her choice too, I like how she stands out. She's smiling and she walks like a model, with poise and control. She's in front of me now and bows to my mom, me and my dad. She's very respectful. I find it very attractive that she goes her way to bow to everyone. I like her manners.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, and Chen. I'm Bae Suzy, but you can call me Suzy. I'm really glad to be here." She's really nice and controlled of herself. I notice that she isn't accompanied with anyone either. But I don't think much of it this time. 

"We're really glad you're here too. I hope you make yourself comfortable." This is the first time my mom talks. She's one of her favorites. I can tell. It's my turn to talk now.

"Nice to meet you Suzy, I really like what you're wearing. You can take a seat. We have one more girl to wait for" The words are out of my mouth before I know it. I complimented her clothing without really thinking about it. But then I remember about Baekhyun's advice, that it comes natural. This must be a good sign and I'm happy about it.

I look to the doors. One more girl left. I'm more anxious about this girl because it's the last one to arrive. The girls waiting look anxious too, they're wondering the same thing as me. Moments later I hear her coming. And that's when I see her. I know right then and then, I want her to be the one. I stop breathing for a few seconds. Hyoyeon. My sweet friend, Hyoyeon.

 

 

Things are getting intense. Can't wait until the competition really starts.

Cat fights, cat fights!! Just kidding ;)

Thanks to the subscribers for subscribing, I love you all. <3