Broken

More Of You

"What'd you think I was doing there?!" Jay begins to raise his voice as the fight escalates, the air in his apartment begins to suffocate the two, getting stiffer the longer the fight continues. He had brought Haya back to his apartment in hopes to fix the misunderstanding between them but fustration seemed to be the only thing that they got through to eachother as other issues  get involved. 

"What am i supposed to think when every time I see you you're either trying to get your clothes back on or sleeping in the same room as some other girl" Haya retaliates, letting her emotions slip out through . 

"I've told you. She spilt coffee on me and I got changed. That's it. I've never seen Hana that way!." Jay reminds Haya for the 3rd time, heavily breathing as he holds the back of his neck out of frustration, "can't you just trust me? Why does it seem so hard for you?" He adds coldly, knowing he didn't mean it. 

Haya sighs in disbelief, ".....trust you?" She pauses, holding back her tears, "All I did was trust you. You don't even realize how hard it is to have a boyfriend who spends half his time in clubs late at night partying till dawn because of his job, a boyfriend who has disposable women ready to leap on him the moment he wants them to, a boyfriend whose hiding something from you about the girl you hate the most but because you trust him you don't dare to question him when he tells you he's going to 'deal with it'. Tell me how I'm suppose to act to show you how much I trust you, because by now it still seems to be unclear to you.." Haya finally lets loose, not holding back what she needed to say. 

Jay suddenly becomes silent, for the first time he was able to see his girlfriend crack. He could see her eyes going red and the bags underneath them appearing from the late nights staying up waiting for him to come home. His stern expression slowly softens, realizing how hard it must've been for her as he begins to pull himself closer to her, clasping  haya's hand into his. Haya looks up at him, not resisting as she was too emotionally drained to do anything else, waiting for what he was going to do next. 

"I....I didn't even realise what I was doing.....I'm  sorry--", Jay begins to apologise only to suddenly feel hayas hand slowly  slip through his fingers as she pulls herself away from him, causing a confused expression to wash over his face. 

"I ....I think you need some time to figure out who you really want.." Haya says  unwillingly as she looks away from him, 

"Haya don't.." Jay begs, knowing exactly what she was implying, somehow feeling as though only a thin piece of  thread was holding them together. 

"Our lives are too different. No matter how much I like you there's always going to be issues between us... Maybe she's better for you than I am" she lets out a heavy breath, closing her eyes to keep the tears in before turning away from him in an attempt to walk out only to feel his strong grasp around her arm. 

"You know that's not true" Jay says sternly, determined to not let go of her. 

Haya could feel her eyes burning from holding back the tears,  turning blood red the longer she resists. Without thinking she quickly snatches her arms out of his grasp as she grabs her jacket of his sofa and rushes out the door, determined to not let Jay see her cry.  She continued running until she reached the elevator. Luckily it came fast enough for her to throw herself inside,  just in time for her to privately break down after holding on for so long. 

-------

Hours after the fight Haya found herself in front of her desk staring at the yellow pot plant Jay had given her as a present. The sun had long disappeared behind the office buildings surrounding the apartment as darkness filled her room. Haya's attention was however soon  brought back by the buzzing of her phone. She quickly glances at the clock, it was  11:22pm before reaching for it off the desk. 

"Hello?" Haya says with a croaky voice from not speaking for 4 hours

"I can't believe you'd still pick up your ex's number. How thick skinned" a familiar voice mocks her through the phone causing Haya to quickly regret not checking the caller ID. 

"What do you want Hana?" She asks, already knowing it wasn't going to be something good if she was talking to her 

"Why do I need to want something to call a friend?" Hana jokes sarcastically

"I don't remember having a friend like you" Haya remarks coldly, "why are you even using Jay's phone?" She asks, changing the subject to something more relevant. Haya could hear her laugh on the other side of the phone  as if satisfied with the question 

"I happen to come across your now ex-boyfriend drunk at this club and I couldn't just leave him with these dangerous girls around here.." 

"Hana, I think you're the most dangerous girl he'll ever meet " Haya cuts in as if to remind her how much of a she was  , not wanting to hear where the conversation was going as she bites down hard on her lips before letting Hana  continue to test her patience, partly wanting to know what she was going to do with Jay. 

"You're funny Haya, I wonder why you guys broke up" she remarks sarcastically before returning to what she had to say, "anyways, I just wanted to tell you I'll take care of him tonight so you can sleep comfortably" 

Haya lets out a frustrated sigh, hanging up the phone before she could hear anymore of hana's nonsense. The thought of Jay with her made haya's  skin crawl as she chucks her phone on the bed, annoyance filling her up.