Confusion

More Of You

“So I heard about your girl coming over tonight” Gray says, casually leaning back in his seat in his studio, catching Jay who was messing with the keyboard off guard.

“She’s not mine yet” Jay reminds him, “I don’t really know that much about her. It’s not like I can just hook up with any random girl”

“Well, you sorta can” Simon who had overheard the conversation butted in, entering the room and taking a big bite out of his apple before slouching down onto the couch next to a sleeping Loco.

Gray and Jay looked at each other confused,

“You seriously don’t remember?” Simon asks, as if the answer was staring at them in the face.

Jay shakes his head, “What did I do?”

Simon sighs, finally letting them in on it, “Last week you got mad drunk and hooked up with that blond chick... Man, she was hot!” he says regretfully, wishing it was him instead.

Jay stayed silent trying to remember what had happened but nothing came to his head,

“Well, did you ever even contact her again after that?” Simon asks after letting Jay have some time to think.

“I don’t even remember her face!” Jay jokes before grabbing his car keys off the desk, “I’m gonna head out and get ready for tonight” He says before giving Simon one last look and leaving the room.

-------

Haya arrived late at the party, entering without even noticing the few girls at the front of the party staring at her and Lena. It was outdoors in the open, definitely not what she had expected; the smell of alcohol, smoke, food and music fills up the place with an intimate atmosphere, as if it was a backyard party for the family, except more expensive.

“Don’t tell me we’re the only ones that don’t know any of these people” Lena who had begged to come whispers into Haya’s ears as they awkwardly make their way through the crowd of people.

“Let’s just find Jay” Haya suggests as she scans the place for him but it didn’t take long before jay spotted them from the other side of the party, heading towards Haya with a slight jog.

“I didn’t think you’d actually come” Jay smiles, satisfied that he could actually see her standing in front of him before turning his attention towards Lena.

“You’re here too!” he exclaims causing Lena to bow her head in embarrassment from what happened when they first met. Jay and Haya look at each other teasingly before laughing in unison from Lena’s cute reaction.

“Let’s go meet the boys” he suggests, changing the subject in an attempt to make Lena feel less uncomfortable.

Simon stood up first when he saw the three coming towards them, rushing up to greet Haya, scooping her hand into his. “I’m Simon” he says happily, not noticing the look on Jay’s face. Haya smiles at him awkwardly, not knowing how to act from his sudden forwardness,

“Alright that’s enough, there’s Lena too” Jay reminds him, pulling Haya’s body back towards him.

“Oh, right! It’s nice to meet you” Simon says, turning his focus towards Lena before they both went to take a seat at the table, leaving Haya with Jay.

“What about we go somewhere more quiet” He suggests before leading Haya into the studio upstairs, away from all the drunken people and thumping music.

Haya places herself onto the couch, Jay shutting the door before taking his place beside her.

“Did you want something to drink?” He asks, placing his full attention on Haya now that there was no distraction around

“No, I’m fine, I need to make sure Lena gets home without causing a problem tonight” She jokes causing Jay to let out a laugh.

------

Three hours past before Lena started wondering where her friend was. It was close to midnight and the party had calmed down. Most have taken their seat and started actually catching up with their friends. Lena dismisses herself from the group she was talking to as she heads upstairs towards the studios to look for Haya.

It was a good ten minutes before Lena finally found the two lovebirds laughing and getting close to each other inside the dark studio. Lena tapped at the door causing the two to face her with a flustered expression.

“Sorry for interrupting” Lena apologizes, “Haya and I actually have somewhere we need to be right now” she announces to Jay, grabbing her friend and pulling her out of there, Haya waving goodbye to jay while being dragged away so suddenly.

He stood there waving back at her before scratching the back of his hair, confused at why Lena was rushing so much.

Outside, Lena quickly shoves her friend into the car before hopping into the driver seat.

She finally lets out an exhausted sigh before opening to speak, “I need to tell you something before you fully get involved with this guy” she says, sincerely worried for her friend

Haya lets out an awkward laugh, nervous that her carefree friend was suddenly so serious, “Why are you acting so weird?” Haya asks, letting out another cautious laugh,

“Before I went to get you, I met a blonde girl” Lena begins to explain before slowly watching Haya’s expression change, Haya already catching onto what she was trying to say,

“It was too good to be true, right?” Haya smiles through her disappointment, not wanting to get into the details, trying her hardest to not show her friend how upset she really was.

“Let’s just go home, kiddo” Lena suggests, patting Haya’s head to comfort her before reversing out of the carpark.

Back at the studio Jay stood where Haya had left him, smiling to himself at how cute she was when she was all flustered before a figure he hadn't recognise enters the studio and switches on the lights he had completely forgotten about after being so focused on Haya.

“Hi Jay” The blonde girl says before rushing towards him and pulling his body into her embrace. Jay quickly pulls back, giving the girl a confused look, her hands still holding onto his.

“I’m sorry, who are you?” He asks, trying his hardest to remember atleast her name,

“It’s me, Hanna!”