Chapter 5

Let Me Tell You Something

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“GOOD MORNING SM!!!!!!!” I shouted excitedly as soon as I entered the university gates.

 

“Ssssssh! Miss Choi. So early in the morning.” Scolded the prefect of discipline who’s currently checking the students the came after me at the guard post.

I contained myself and giggled as I gave him a bow. I don’t know, I just felt like today will be a very nice day for me. I’ve read it in the newspaper, horoscope section, mine’s Aquarius and it says there that this day will be my lucky day. I wonder what’ll happen.

Food Rain? I squealed with my thoughts. Suddenly, I craved for an iced chocolate drink. Hmmmm… Iced choco in the morning? Not bad. With that, I made my way to the drink vendo of the university.

 

When I arrived there, I saw a guy punching the vendo machine, shaking it with all his might. I examined him from his side profile as he wrestles the vendo machine. Pale skin, messy hairstyle, well, his height’s fine, his body is not really hunky though but I can tell that he works out, two buttons near his collar is ed, slightly revealing his white wife beater underneath as he moves. Boy! He look mysteriously hot.

Oh my gosh! Did I just say hot!? I slapped myself lightly. I wonder what’s wrong with him.

 

 “Uhm. Excuse me?” I tapped his arms. Oh! It’s hard, I guess he’s really working out.

He stopped and turned his head to me and as soon as he met my eyes, I saw that his expression calmed down. Wait! He seems familiar. Why do I feel so chilly all of a sudden? I clutched my backpack straps tight, slightly hugging myself.

“I can clearly see that you have uhm a big problem(?) With the vendo machine here. I don’t know what it has done to you that violated your human rights, whatsoever and provoked you to wrestle it to death. I think? But I’m telling you Mr. Vendo is a very helpful fella here and I don’t want him to get killed nor hurt like that. Not literally of course. So, is there any help you need from a concern student in this university which is me?” I asked staring at him with my concern look while he’s just staring back at me.

Yeah! Staring game.

 

“Wow! You do talk a lot.” He managed to chuckle in amazement after a few blinks as he released the vendo machine and leaned at it, facing me.

 

“Excuse me?” I scoffed in his reply, crossing my arms and raising him an eyebrow.

 

“Nevermind. It’s just that this stupid vendee doesn’t want to spit out my drink. What did you call it again? Mr. Vendo?" he snorted and kicked Mr. Vendo once again.

 

"Yah! I told you already, don't do that to Mr. Vendo. You jerk. Okay step aside and let me." I pushed him to the side like a boss and lightly tapped the vendo machine, then a sound of a can dropping can be heard inside. I picked up the can of Iced Coffee and turned to face him, his jaw dropped in disbelief.

 

"Is this your drink? Uhh... Iced Coffee? “He reached out for his drink. Wow! He's got cute hands but dead cold skin, it gives me the shiver. Again, I faced the vendo machine to get mine.

 

"Wow! Thank you Syoung, uhm Nice Vendo-Taming Super Power you got there, by the way." I chuckled at his terminology as I pick up my Iced Chocolate, which is, unlike his, placed on a cup.

W-w-wait! Did he just say my name?

 

"You know my name?" I faced him with a question mark on my face. He took a short sip from his can and reached out his hand for a handshake.

 

"Who wouldn't know? It's Jongwoon, by the way. Well, people know me as Yesung so, I hope you remembered, Sooyoung-ssi “I shook his ice cold hand and just nodded.

So, this is the one who stole my bestfriend’s first kiss. Hmmm. I never had time to study his face during the commotion at the corridor. I can see he's cute and mysterious looking with those eyes shaped like apple seeds that makes one who stares at it curious of what's beyond it. I don't know but based on his physical attributes, I like him for Yuri but knowing what he did to her makes me want to slap him hard right now...

 

 

 

...and I did.

 

 

 "Yah! What was that for? Why'd you do that?" He scowled, caressing his cheek that I just slapped, rubbing it to ease the ringing sting it had caused.

 

"Mosquito. Sorry" I lied and smiled awkwardly. He seemed convinced and nodded. I got to get away from here.

 

"Hey! I gotta go. Nice meeting you again." Pretending to hit him playfully in his arms but intentionally, hitting him for real again. I briskly walk away from him and took a left turn towards the corridor, bumping into someone, spilling almost half of the contents of my cup to a white school polo.

Oh no! I gulped, staring at the mess I made and slowly, lift my eyes to see who the unlucky person of the day is and there I whimpered to myself. Not again!

 

"Ryeowook-ah! I was just─ Aigoo~ that is one big mess you got there." Yesung approached us and laughed at the dripping stain of choco I made on Ryeowook's uniform. I just bow my head down in guilt.

 

"Aish!" Ryeowook cursed as he slowly ed his uniform, crumpled it to a ball and slammed it hard to the floor, near my feet. I met his glaring eyes before he stormed out away from us, just wearing his lightly stained wife beater to match the uniform's slacks. Yesung had his jaw dropped beside me.

 

"I never thought he would do something like that in front of a girl. Maybe, He just lost it. Don’t worry. He'll calm down." He tapped my shoulders and went after Ryeowook.

 

"Strike three." I sighed. Three strikes and you're out right? I hit myself on the head. Eotteohke? Choi Sooyoung, you clumsy girl, let’s be careful next time, okay? Operation Avoid Ryeowook 101. That’s it. My subconscious tells me.

I blew off my bangs, gather myself together and went to my first class.

 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I’m currently sitting alone on one of the study benches in the university, it’s 40 minutes before my last subject and good thing it’s just minor because my head is about to give up now. I envy Yuri because her last subject is about to end any minute by now and I’m expecting she’ll be here in not less than 5 minutes. I opened my 6th out of 6 pieces of Snickers that I have been munching on the passed 30 minutes.
 

“Yah!” a smack rings on my back. Gosh! That hurt.

“Ow! What was that for?!” I glared at Yuri who quickly took a bite on my Snicker, earning her a hard smack on the back from me.

“Ow!” arching her back to ease the sting it caused.

 

“That was too hard. Tsk. And do not touch my food. How dare you!” I glared at her and she also glared at me.

 



“Sorry.” We said in unison and giggled to each other. Yeah. Call us “Crazy Dorks”

 

It’s a pity, our schedules don’t match. Only this time of the day, we can talk for about 20 minutes in school. She sometimes cuts class, I do, too, sometimes. Well, I know we live under the same roof but it’s different here in school.

 

Just like what we always do, we talked about any extraordinary experience today. She told me about how her day got almost ruined when she spotted Yesung in the cafeteria and how bad vibes devoured her during their English class because the example topic was all about Turtles. In the other hand, I told her about me being so troublesome especially the Iced Choco Incident this morning and about my Operation Avoid Ryeowook 101 that was suggested by my subconscious.

 

“10 minutes left. Aw~ Yul, see you at home.”

 

“Wait! Tell me more about that operation thing of yours. I found it funny. Wow! You’ve got a really helpful subconscious there.” She tugged my hand, making me sit down again. I chuckled at her expression because she seemed really curious.

 

“Fine! So, Operation Avoid Ryeowook 101 it is? It’s a very good operation because I’d be able to stay away from him which means, no trouble for him. Well, not bad for my first “Operation Fail” during Lunch Time. I was really trying hard to avoid him or not coming across his way by being alert with my surroundings, checking first the corridor before proceeding and many more precautionary measures I observed but still, I failed and gained a strike four that time.” I was cut by Yuri’s laugh.

 

“W-w-wait, you still failed? That soon? How come?” she said between her laughs.

“Let me tell you something about my stomachaches.” I sighed embarrassed which only made Yuri’s laughter worse.

 

“Oh I think I know why? You never learn your lesson, Shikshin”

“Yul, IT’S FOOD! I really can’t help it.” I bit my lip.

“So what trouble did your stomachache caused this time?”

“Okay, you know that the university clinic has only one comfort room right and that’s for both es already.”

“Oh my! Choi Sooyoung, you didn’t… okay I’ll keep quiet. Go on with your story.” I whimpered because I think she got the idea.

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

“Good Gracious! Miss Choi, why are you crawling?”

 

“Nurse Hwang! Help…” I manage to speak as I crawled inside the university clinic while clutching my aching stomach.

 

“Oh no, Miss Choi, not again? Let it out first, just like the last time. I’m going to get your medicine from the storage.” Tiffany Hwang, the nurse was surprised by my sudden commotion by the door.

 

I ran towards the comfort room, holding it in. Just a little bit more. Now, I’m sweating cold and there are tears in my eyes because it’s really painful. The moment I saw the door of the C.R, I quickly barged in but was so, surprised to see someone inside and knowing who that someone is made me scream in fright and seeing that someone right in front of me now makes me want to faint. I stood frozen by the door, facing a topless Ryeowook who’s staring blankly back at me, me in a state of panic and not knowing what to do.

 

“Miss Choi, what’s wrong? Oh! Mr. Kim! What are you doing there? I told you to stay and treat your cuts and bruises on your bed because you don’t want me doing it. Come, Miss Choi, just use the staff’s comfort room.”

 

Thank Goodness! Nurse Hwang is here and supported me in her arms. I looked back at Ryeowook who crouched down to start picking up the broken pieces of glass that was scattered all over the tiled floor. I believe it’s because the door toppled over his tray of first aid when I barged in.

 

“Uh ah! Mr. Kim, leave it. Will you just please go back to your bed and there I’ll provide you another tray of first aid after I Miss Choi to the staff’s comfort room.” Nurse Hwang said, still supporting me.

Ryeowook followed her instruction and went out of the comfort room, our eyes met.

"Strike Four?" I whispered to myself.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“I was able to let it go successfully. Thank God! But, still there was trouble.” I ended my story with a poker face while, in the other hand, Yuri was laughing her out in front of me.

 

“I’m imagining it and… Gosh...That was… very… complicated. Wait…” She managed to speak though she’s out of breath laughing.

 

I looked across the field as I waited for Yuri to calm down. My eyes almost fall out of their sockets when Ryeowook crossed my view. He was briskly walking and hugging his backpack tight like his watching out for someone. I shrugged to myself, maybe he’s also avoiding me. My vision shifted to the two giggling boys who are sneaking by the bushes, not far from Ryeowook’s current position. One is carrying a bucket, I can’t see what’s inside, and the other is holding two balls. Oh no! I think I know what’ll happen.

I have to warn Ryeowook but I also have to stay away from him. He’s getting closer to them.

Thinking what I know is right, I ran closer to field and shouted to warn him.

 

“Ryeowook-ssi, look out!"

 

 

-End of Chapter 5-

 

[A/N: Oh yeah! I manage to update. /le tears of joy/ 
So~ what happened and what's wrong with those boys?

I think I'll post two chapters in my next update. Hihihi I'm having fun imagining this story but find it difficult to put in writing. T^T

Thanks for reading! Please comment your insights! ^_^]