Chapter 3

Let Me Tell You Something

It's been a week since that incident in the corridor happened. Eventhough, they attend the same university, Sooyoung never come across Ryeowook after that. What she finds weird too is that her bestfriend Yuri became a passive person this passed few days. Her class is so boring, Mathematics, making her feel more lonely and hungry at the same time. She decided to close her eyes for a while.

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Where am I? Why am I here?" Sooyoung found herself in a field which she believed is behind the school and there she saw a tree with a boy standing beside it, his back is facing her.

 

"Uhm. Excuse me! May I know what time is it? As I could remember, I'm in my classroom a while ago but just now, I found myself there lying in the grass." Sooyoung shouted at the boy beside the tree as she approach him. The boy was about to turn around when suddenly...

 

"PAK!" the professor's stick hit Sooyoung's armchair, waking up the sleeping Sooyoung. Realizing what had just happened, she sat straight, bowing her head.

 

"The last time I caught you, you were eating during my class and now, sleeping?! Good Lord! Miss Choi. Detention!" the professor pointed at the door.

 

"I'm sorry, Sir." Sooyoung bowed and proceeded to detention.

 

Detention...

 

"Okay Miss Choi, the cleaning tools are in that closet over there. I'll expect you'll be done cleaning the whole storage room before I check you out again at lunch time or else I'm afraid, you'll receive extra hours of detention. Put this on." the Prefect of Discipline handed her a tag saying "On Detention" and went out of the room, leaving Sooyoung with no choice.

Sooyoung then took out the duster first and start dusting the shelves at the same time, arranging the things on it.

 

Sooyoung was on top of a ladder, busy dusting and arranging the things on the top shelf when the door suddenly opened, startling Sooyoung that she almost lost her balance, good thing she took a good hold on the shelf. She turned to see who it was.

 

 "Ryeowook? Omo! What are you doing here?" Ryeowook ruffled his hair because the dusts were falling on it. He looked up to Sooyoung and held out his own "On Detention" tag. 

 

"Oh I see. It's good thing I have someone to work with here. It's getting kinda lonely and cleaning this whole room alone is no joke." Sooyoung said and continued with her job as Ryeowook went to get some cleaning materials in the closet.

 

"Why are you on detention by the way?" Sooyoung asked. She can see in his face that he's really in a bad mood. So, she started up a conversation thinking it may lighten up the mood a bit. She's not used to in silent situations like this, sometimes it makes her uncomfortable.

 

Only the sound of Ryeowook's sweeping responded to her question. Creating an awkward mood for her.

 

"Uhm. You know, I was so silly because I got caught sleeping during class hours. Now, here I am, dusting these shelves and full of cobwebs. I always wonder, why would I have classes in Mathematics? I'm a Theater and Acting Major, what does my course have to do with Mathematics? I don't know, it's just that class is really boring these days. Don't you think? By the way, what's your field? You know, course." Sooyoung attempted again to start a conversation.

 

Again, no person responded. Sooyoung felt annoyed, her eyes turned to slits as she looked at Ryeowook who's just sweeping at the same time arranging things.

 

"The storage room is so dirty, isn't it? Oh gosh, what's the use of school janitors if they dont clean these stuffs." Sooyoung just glared at Ryeowook waiting for him to answer. Still, Ryeowook continued with his work like he hears nothing.

 

"So how are you, by the way? I didn't expect that were schoolmates." Sooyoung just followed Ryeowook with her eyes still, waiting for an answer. She don't know why she's being like this but it really annoys her when she's being snobbed or ignored.

 

"I'm fine." Ryeowook finally answered coldly without looking at her.

 

"You can talk! Oh gosh! I thought I'm with a mute. You know, it really creeps me out when it's quiet. That's why as much as possible I talk and start a conversation to make me feel comfortable." Sooyoung began to babble, still following Ryeowook with her eyes. Ryeowook, on the other hand is busy concentrating with his work, he finished sweeping and is now with a bucket full of water, mopping the floor.

 

"You know, I am really sorry about that bicycle incident and what my friend, Yuri did to your friend last week. I guess I've been a troublemaker to your life last week. But I hope we can be friends." Sooyoung talked and talked, almost finished with the things on top while Ryeowook is now mopping the floor below her.

 

She opened the last upper cabinet when suddenly a cockroach came flying to her face which made her scream and panicky. She fell off the ladder and the next thing she knew is, she's lying face to face on top of Ryeowook, all wet because the bucket of now-a-DIRTY water that was placed on the first step of her ladder while Ryeowook is mopping the floor below her, spilled over them during her fall.

 

"OMO! I'm so sorry." Sooyoung bit her lip in shock and now sitting on Ryeowook.

 

"Ack! Get off!" Ryeowook blurted out, using his hands to wipe off the excess water on his face.

 

The door suddenly opened and the Prefect of Discipline came in, his eyes widened in seeing Ryeowook and Sooyoung, all wet and in that position.

 

"Mr. Kim and Ms. Choi! What the hell are you two doing!?"

 

The two immediately stood up and bowed.

 

"Wait! It's not what you think. I can explain, Sir" the two exclaimed simultaneously.

 

Sooyoung looked at Ryeowook and cupped . "OMG! You spoke two sentences and a word!" poking Ryeowook inspite of their situation infront of the prefect. Ryeowook just glared at her.

 

------------------—------------------

"So, finally! You finished your job. Now, I want you to write your name here, course and your offense here then the kind of detention you did, lastly, time in and out. Place your signature here." The prefect of Discipline handed them a record notebook. Ryeowook was the first one to sign. While he was writing...

"I told you to focus and hurry up with your work so that I won't give you extra detention hours. Detention is about taking the consequences, not making out with your co-detainee." the Prefect of Discipline just snorted, making Ryeowook pause and clutch the pen tighter as trying to break it but continued writing after calming down. Sooyoung just went red of what the prefect said.

When Ryeowook was done, he immediately stormed out of the room. Then it was Sooyoung's turn.

 

"Uhm. Please don't misunderstand what had happened earlier, Sir. I'm telling you, it was all an accident." Sooyoung explained, the prefect just laughed.

"I was just teasing, Miss Choi. Don't worry."

 

Sooyoung continued filling up the details and as soon as she's finished, she took a glance at Ryeowook's info.

 

"...Oh, Music, a Piano and Music Composition Major. Hmmm. Interesting...

Offense..

Got caught cutting classes." Sooyoung muttered to herself as she reads.

 

Sooyoung went to exit the office, wondering why would Ryeowook cut class, he looks like a good and smart student. She was about to close the door shut when the Prefect began to call her attention.

"By the way, Miss Choi, You and Mr. Kim, you look good together. Just saying. Okay you may go." Finishing off with a wink which sent goosebumps to Sooyoung.

 

"What a day!" she breathe out.

 

-end of Chapter 3-

 

A/N: Sorry if it took so long. T^T I've been too busy. But still I'm trying my best to update and add long chapters (is it long enough? XD)

Thank you for reading! Subscribe or upvote, if you like it. Inspire me by commenting