Final: Unexpectedly

Falling Into Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed and the two got to know each other better, including the boys, as Taec would often bring Fany on Saturday nights which was the boys’ regular meet-up night. She started getting more comfortable around them and slowly she knew each boy’s attitude. The boys also started acting a lot crazier with her and they would make her blush as they address her “sister-in-law” occasionally.

“So, how long exactly have you and Tiffany been together?” WooYoung asked out of nowhere as Taec brushed his teeth. Taec rose one of his brow confused. “I’m just doing research… for my new book, ‘Loving Venus, Seducing Mars…’ about relationships…”

“I don’t know… we just happened…” Taec replied after spitting the foam, and before he gargled with water.

“You don’t know when you asked if you could date her, if you could be her boyfriend, like that?” Woo asked and Taec shook his head.

“We didn’t put a label on our relationship… the fact that we’re exclusively dating is already enough… we don’t need labels like that…” he replied but became unsure later on. “Right?”

“According to my research, that’s what men usually think… but women are different… they like that confirmation and they find security with that label… because you can’t really brag to people that ‘he’s my dating partner’ or ‘I’m dating that guy’… they prefer to brag as ‘that’s my boyfriend’… women usually become upset with the no label thing, unless she’s such an open minded and independent woman that could also think as a man, but as I see Tiffany, she’s part of the majority of the women, they want labels…” Woo lectured at Taec who was getting dressed for work.

“Really?” Taec responded simply before he disappeared outside the apartment he shared with WooYoung.

As he arrived at the airport’s staff lounge, he was still pondering about what Woo said. “Hey, YooJin-ah, is it that important to ask a woman ‘can you be my girlfriend’, can’t people just skip that part and date exclusively, be seriously committed, be together?” he suddenly asked as YooJin, a flight attendant, sat beside him.

“Of course, sunbae-nim… that’s like ‘will you marry me’… you can’t be engaged without popping that question, and you can’t be officially together without that ‘can you be my girlfriend’ question… without that, you’re just having a mutual understanding…” the woman spoke.

“Jinjja?” he asked and she nodded earnestly

“Women may stay quiet not wanting it, but I bet 99%, if not all, of women, think like me…” she added.

Without replying her, he stood from his seat and headed towards the restroom. As he made his way there, he thought hard on how he would ask Tiffany the question. Would it be casually, extravagantly, romantically, or how else could he better do it? He hears the sound of a plane taking off and he had a sudden light bulb in his mind.

He turned around and headed to the management office. After checking the July 17 schedule of his flights, and other pilot’s flights, he grinned as he knew how exactly he would do it, he just needed permission from his boss. In no time, he knocked on his boss’ door, and after a few minutes of talk and convincing, he had permission from his boss in the condition that Taec would ensure that the schedule of flights would remain unchanged and would not incur delays.

He ran back to the staff lounge and quickly went beside Khun. “Khun-ah, you’re the pilot assigned on Bali this coming 17th right?” Taec asked and Khun nodded. “Care to exchange with me?”

“Why? Exchange with what? And what’s the catch?” Khun asked wriggling his thick brows.

“I need to fly the plane to Bali for Fany… In exchange, you’re gonna fly the one to Singapore… please? I would buy anything you want from Bali… don’t you want to add a Bali design to your collection of caps, red shirts or Starbucks mugs? As I recall, you still have the Bali space on your shelf unoccupied…” Taec did his best to convince.

“Fine… what would you be doing anyway?” Khun asked before he sipped from his Toronto mug that he got not long ago.

“I’m keeping it a secret in case you blab… just be satisfied, that it’s for Fany and my future… and don’t tell anyone, especially her, that I’ll be flying to Bali… okay? Swear on your grandma’s grave please…”

“I swear on my grandma’s grave… satisfied…?” Khun replied in a monotone voice and Taec was grinning widely.

Two days passed and the day Taec had prepared for finally came. He strolled across the departure hall and headed towards the staff lounge to wait for the plane’s boarding time. He was excited and nervous at the same time. He was sweating quite a lot and his heart was beating fast. All his mind could think was the words he’ll say later on, not noticing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter