Chapter 1: I Hate You

Falling Into Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She gets off the small plane with a bright smile as the sun shines over her. She was lead to a medium sized boat where tourists like her were also led. As the boat sped off the wide blue ocean, she could not stop smiling to herself as she could imagine the surprise event she had just planned for her boyfriend.

About two months ago, on their anniversary, she surprised him with two tickets to the famous beach destination, Bora Bora in French Polynesia. She also booked themselves for a villa, on the week of his birthday, wanting to celebrate the occasion together at one of the most romantic spots in the world.

However, when she was promoted some weeks back, she was too immersed with work that she thought of not coming with him. She could not get a refund on them since they were already paid in advance and it will just disappoint him big time as he had always wanted to visit the place. In the end, she had to tell him the news that she would not be able to come with him, telling him to just enjoy the beach alone.

Fortunately for her, she was given a vacation break when she had scored a great deal for the company. That is why she is now here, in Bora Bora, about ten minutes away from the resort and about to surprise her boyfriend with her being there. In a few more minutes, the boat halted on the shore and they were assisted by the resort employees.

“Hi, welcome to Four Seasons, how may I help you?” the front desk clerk greeted.

“Hello, I have booked a villa under the name Tiffany Hwang, but I believe the room is now occupied by my friend, Choi SiWon...”

“Oh yes, he has occupied that reserved villa... Can I just see your passport? So I could update the details on our system so that you could join him soon...” the friendly clerk spoke as he pressed some buttons on the computer.

“Thank you for waiting Ma’am, you may now proceed to the villa and here’s a duplicate key for you... Anna, your assigned guest relations attendant, would be showing you the villa... and thank you for choosing Four Seasons for your stay in Bora Bora...” the man welcomed before she followed Anna, as she dragged her luggage behind her.

The two women walked in silence for a few minutes until Anna stopped in front of a villa facing the beach. “Miss, this would be your room and feel free to call me anytime you need help... I would just be hanging around near the area...” the lady gave a sweet smile as she showed the villa Tiffany would be staying at.

“Thank you, I’d be counting on you for the next few days then, Anna...” Tiffany returned a bright smile at the woman. The employee walked away slowly as Tiffany inserted the key to the villa’s door.

It was quite early in the morning and she was expecting her boyfriend to still be sleeping at that hour. But as she slowly stepped into the villa, she spotted something strange lying at the floor. As Koreans, it’s already a practice that they leave their outdoor shoes near the main door, but she could see not only his shoes, but a pair that was making her head dizzy.

She stepped further into the room and had the greatest shock of her life. There were scattered clothes on the floor and it never occurred to her that she would see women’s clothes with his. She stood there speechless until she heard some sound on her left, just where the bed was. She could not contain her tears when she saw something moving under the covers.

She heard him grunt, she heard a woman’s moan and she heard both of them pant. Her mind just went blank as her eyes became blurry with her tears.

“Oppa, that was some great way to wake me up... and Happy Birthday...” the woman panted.

“And you just gave me a great breakfast... thank you and good morning sweetie...”

“Hey, when would you break up with that girlfriend of yours?”

“Soon enough... well she was stupid enough to treat me to this great trip and stupid enough to think that I would go here alone... and how could I turn down the offer when she agreed to pay all expenses... you know how I love beaches...” he spoke and slowly the covers slid off his back, revealing his toned back muscles over a ty woman, as Tiffany could only imagine.

“Don’t worry sweetie, I’ll be exclusively yours soon...” he added as he gave small pecks to the woman’s body.

“You’re really a bastard...” Tiffany softly, but still audibly, spoke.

The two people on the bed heard her voice and turned their heads to her and the woman was slightly embarrassed, however SiWon stayed unfazed. Tiffany was fuming in anger, especially after seeing the man’s guilt-free expression, but she still stayed composed and civil.    

“Well, I guess this is more convenient for me... rather than making up a story on why I am breaking up with you... so I guess we can call it quits now?” the man still under the covers, lied on his side, cuddling up to his woman as he broke Fany’s heart into pieces.

“Go to hell, you son of a ...” Fany spoke with anger before she turned around and headed to the door. She slammed the door as she walked in a fast pace towards anywhere but near that man. Anna saw her with tears and anger well expressed on her face and she tried catching the woman’s attention by yelling Tiffany’s name but she failed.

I didn’t beg you for love
I just wanted your true heart
Even on the day I saw you for the last time
I didn’t want you

You had no true feelings
I wanted your true heart

My scarred heart and
My tainted memories of that time
Your face looking at me
I hate it all
I hate you

She walked fast, not really knowing where to head to, and as she went faster, her feet started running. Her mind was just lost as her feet brought her farther and farther. All the moments that she had together with him for those two years suddenly flashed through her mind.

The moment she received a dare and asked him out on a date... The moment they officially became a couple... The moment they had a picnic with her parents... The moment they spent their first snowy Christmas underneath the mistletoe... The moment she helped prepare a house blessing party for his parents... The moment she designed a couple ring for them... And finally, the moment she surprised him with those darn tickets...

Our nervous relationship
Me, trying to protect it
I regret it all

I didn’t know better

I hate you

My tightly shut heart and
Our relationship that can’t be turned back
The times we used to hurt each other
I hate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter