Chapter 4: So Pretty

Falling Into Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stirs in her sleep as the rays of sun slowly shone on her face. She peeked with one eye open and smiled as she appreciates the beauty of the sun rising. However, she was still sleepy and chose to turn to her other side and she smiled wider upon seeing the person she was lying beside of.

Every high and every low you're gonna go through
You don't have to be afraid I am with you
In the moments you're so weak you feel like stopping
Let the hope you have light the road you're walking

You're gonna make it
You're gonna make it
The night can only last for so long

She remembered how she slowly crept into his room and sneakily laid beside him. Wanting to get more sleep, she snuggled closer to him and in no time, she was back to dreamland.

Whatever you're facing
If your heart is breaking
There's a promise for the ones who just hold on
Lift up your eyes and see
The sun is rising

Even when you can't imagine how
How you're ever gonna find your way out
Even when you're drowning in your doubt
Just look beyond the clouds

As his body clocked had told him to wake up, he opened his eyes and sat up after his sight had adjusted. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his body, before he looked beside him and saw the angel lying beside him.

When he stirred in his sleep last night, he was surprised to see another body lying on his bed. However, he did not have the heart to wake her up or move her back to her bed. He knew that there must be a reason for the woman to be suddenly in his room and honestly, he was happy about it. It was the first time that he had a woman on his bed and he was glad that it happened without malice.

He was about to leave bed and take a shower when he remembered the present he bought yesterday. He took it from his bag and smiled as the jewel shone with the sun. He carefully took the woman’s hand and wore the bracelet on her, worried that he might wake her up. After a few seconds, he successfully had the accessory on her and tucked her on bed before he left for the bathroom.

As soon as she heard water running, she scrunched her brows and slowly opened her eyes. She saw the other side of the bed empty and blushed, thinking about how embarrassing it was to sneak into a man’s room and sleep closely with the man. She thought that Taec might have a bad impression of her as a woman who’s easy to get and clingy. She just hoped that Taec did not see her drooling, glued to him, or worse, with wide open and snoring.

She hit her head with her wrist, thinking about the worst possibilities, then she noticed something on her hand. She was confused for a second then realized that maybe it was Taec who gave it to her when she was asleep. Then she was able to put the puzzle pieces together as she remembered that Taec disappeared for quite a while back in the pearl farm.

A little while after, the waters stopped running and a few minutes later, he came out clad in only his jeans with a towel draped over his head. He faced the wall as he dried his hair and Fany could only find his back as hot as lava. It was not until he was choosing a shirt from his luggage that she cleared to inform of her presence. He looked back at her and smiled as she waved her hand at him, the hand which had the bangle.

“Komawo oppa… good morning…” she spoke in her sleepy voice and bed head.

“Good morning to you too… it’s just something Carlos was convincing me to buy… he said something about it being lucky…” he responded, avoiding her eyes as he told a little white lie.

“It’s pretty…” she spoke as she adored the bangle, making Taec smile for a good choice and a good advice from Carlos. “By the way, just to be clear… I came to your room… and slept beside you…” she started as she found it difficult to perfectly explain her situation last night.

“I don’t know why, but I could not sleep last night and I just thought that maybe, if I knew that someone was beside me, then I would be able to sleep soundly… and that’s why I sneaked into your bed… sorry…” she explained as she blushed.

“It’s fine… no need to apologize… I was surprised, but I did not mind…” he spoke as he sat on the bed, just in front of her, already perfectly dressed for the day. She smiled at him and he grinned back. “Since I was the one who thought of the activities, yesterday, why don’t you choose today’s destinations then? It’s gonna be your day…” he suggested and she nodded with excitement.

She jumped out of the bed and hurriedly went to her room as she got her clothes for the day and disappeared into the bathroom. “It’s gonna be a relaxing spa-day for Fany!!!” He could hear a faint cheer from her, expressing her happiness.

“Oh boy, it’s gonna be a girly spa day for me…” He shook his head but thought that it was fair enough as he got her to join his adventures yesterday.

In about thirty minutes, she was all ready and she dragged her out to the hotel’s spa where she enjoyed while he slept into their Shiatsu massage. They were in a couple room and relaxing music played throughout the massage.

Right after they’ve relaxed their bodies, she dragged him to the shopping stores of the resort and she looked around while he followed her like a puppy. After visiting all the stores in the resort, they took the shuttle to the village where local shopping centers were located.

She could not hide the delight in her eyes as she was lost in her world of shopping. Taec could only sigh as he carried the shopping bags ranging from shirts, shawls, handicrafts, delicacies, accessories and more. He was just surprised how women could just shop until they drop. Soon enough, she grew hungry and they had their lunch somewhere near.

“Oppa, tell me if you see a tattoo artist…” she suddenly spoke, making Taec confused. “I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo… well a fake one… henna tattoo… I just want to try how it would look…” she explained as they waited for the shuttle back to the resort.

“But not all henna tattoos are safe… some gets your skin infected…” he discouraged her. But she was pleading with her eyes and Taec sighed and took out his phone. “I’ll ask Carlos if he knows anyone…” he spoke and she immediately grinned.

After about a minute on the phone with his friend, he turned to her. “You’re lucky… he says he’s got a friend… the shop’s near our resort, so we could visit the place after dropping off these shopping bags of yours…” he retorted.

They arrived at the tattoo artist around an hour later and both chose the design they wanted. Fany was the one who decided first and she got on the chair first as the artist concentrated on the back of her right shoulder. She was a little ticklish and she kept giggling, making Taec find her cute. She stopped giggling when she stared straight to his eyes, as she felt weirdly comfortable gazing at him, taking in his lovely eyes.

When the artist tapped her to say that she’s done, their staring competition ended and it was his turn to get his body inked. He took off his shirt and she only gulped at his amazing abs. He told the artist what he wanted and he sat still as the artist wrote, instead of drawing, something. In a short while, he was also done and he paid for both of them then thanked the artist for their tattoos.

On the way back to the resort, they both started goofing off with Taec’s camera. Not noticing a motorbike coming, she was almost bumped by the vehicle, if not for Taec pulling her close to his body. “You alright?” he asked and she nodded slowly, not used to the intimate contact.

She looked down at her feet as they slowly resumed walking, only to be surprised to feel Taec’s hand at her back, by her waist. She looked at him and saw him smiling sweetly. She was blushing as she smiled back, accepting the fact that she had to be used to this as they’ve come to a mutual understanding. Both bodies became closer as they arrived at the resort, growing more comfortable with the skin-ship.

“Do you want to rent a boat and see the sunset?” Taec suggested.

“Sure…” she smiled widely at him, again making him fall deeper.

They rode the boat and soon, they were enjoying the sunset as they moved across the waters. “So you’re leaving the day after tomorrow right?” she asked as she leaned on his shoulder.

“Yup… are you gonna be fine without me?” he was worried.

“Of course… but it’s gonna be less fun… and a little sad…” she honestly spoke. “But you can’t do anything about it… you’ve already paid for the expenses and it’s gonna be unfair for your friends who are waiting for you in Canada…” she was disappointed but was open minded about it. Taec had mentioned that he and his friends had planned this trip as an all-boys reunion.

“We could always talk over skype or other sns… ” he said as they both got each other’s numbers on day 1, for emergenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter