Chapter 3: And I Love You So

Falling Into Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Had a good sleep, princess?” Taec spoke as she walked out of the guest room stretching her arms. He sipped his coffee with a smile as she nodded before smiling brightly at him. He felt happy that she was finally feeling a little better after what had happened to her not long ago.

“Well, I guess I was tired… how about you oppa?”

“W-what? What did you just say?”

“I asked if you had a good sleep…”

“No, I was not talking about that… did you just call me oppa?” he asked a feeling a little bewildered, and she nodded to his question. “Why?”

“I don’t know… I guess I just became too comfortable around you that I felt like calling you oppa… do you hate that I’m calling you that? I can go back to calling you Taecyeon-ssi if you want…”

“No, it’s fine if you call me oppa… I’m just not used to it… just that I don’t have any younger sister and girls around me rarely call me that… that’s why I’m kinda envious of my friends who get to be called oppa.., I like it…” he spoke and Fany could only smile at his unexpected cuteness.

“I did not know what you’d like so I just bought some English tea for you… go ahead and drink it, then get ready in 30 minutes… we’ll have breakfast outside the resort and after that we’ll have our crazy fun filled day I promised you yesterday… okay?” he continued.

“Good thing you don’t have a younger sister… cause you’re one very authoritative brother…” she mumbled before she sipped her tea. He raised his eyebrow at her and she could only flash her smile so the man would “forgive” her.

She went back in the room and moments later, he heard water running and he went back to his morning routine of reading his book. He was too immersed at his book that he did not notice that she returned all freshened up forty minutes later.

“You’re ten minutes late… Can you enlighten me why women take a lot longer dressing up?” he spoke as she snatched his book away and placed it on the table, not minding the fact that Fany just abruptly interrupted his reading.

“Women need to be pretty and to be pretty, a lot of things must be done, unlike men who could still look hot with a plain tee, jeans and boat shoes, women need a number of beauty products to keep us pretty…” she gestured at Taec who was indeed looking hot with his simple fashion before she pointed her light eye makeup, blush and glossed lips.

As she pointed at her lips, he suddenly felt his ears turn warm and he immediately shifted his eyes to the door. “Arasseo… let’s get going, I’m hungry…” he avoided her smiling eyes and lightly placed his hand on her back, leading themselves out of the bungalow.

Upon feeling his touch on her back, her cheeks suddenly had a pinkish tint and her heart beat went faster than normal. She looked at her and he did not seem flustered about it and it seemed that it was his natural reaction. She was thankful that he used that hand to make sure the door was locked, that she heaved a sigh when his touch left her back.

She felt jittery when she thought of the possibility of his hand returning to her back, but she was lucky that it did not happen for the entire twenty minutes of walk towards the breakfast place. If it happened, she really felt that he would notice her embarrassment as she would stiffen and would blush until she catches a fever. They had danced closely last night and she wondered why she felt like this now.

Upon reaching the diner, she still could not shake of the feeling she had earlier. However, she slowly forgot about it as he chatted with her and as they waited for their meals, the comfortable atmosphere between the two returned. She got some waffles with blueberries while he had waffles with extra sausage, eggs and ham on the side, showing his great appetite. They were enjoying their conversation happily until he reached for the maple syrup.

Somehow, he gripped on a warm object instead of the cold bottle of syrup. He looked up and saw that he was holding on her hand tightly. It was an overly cliché scene but he swore that he felt something tingling in him. “Sorry, you go first…” he spoke but he did not let go of his hold on her, as if he could not retract his hand back.

“How would I use it first when you won’t let go of me?” she smiled lovingly at him. He slowly took his hand off and mumbled an apology before she took the bottle and poured the sweet treat on her plate. She lightly bit the inside of her lip to stop herself from showing a silly smile as she kept her head down. Unlike the touch on her back earlier, his hand on hers this time felt more comfortable and she felt right about it, like it was something that she had wanted all the while.

It became awkward between them after that electrifying connection as Taec described it in his head. They had their meals in silence and the conversation they were having earlier was left hanging. It was not until he was done with his meal and was sipping his second coffee for the day that he broke the ice. “So are you ready to explore and enjoy the day?” he asked, quite back to his usual self.

“Ready when you are…” she smiled brightly at him and he felt happy seeing that she was enjoying her time with her. “So what’s first in our schedule, Captain Ok?” she asked cutely as they walked out of the diner.

“Well, since playing with water is a lot more fun in the afternoon, I thought that maybe we could enjoy the safari…” he spoke and just as he turned the corner, there waited a 4x4 jeep with a native man leaning on it. “Carlos!” Taec shouted and the man immediately looked up from his phone and smiled widely at Taec with his arms wide form a welcoming hug.

“Hey dude, I thought you’d be an hour late again, like last time…” the man spoke and upon seeing the woman behind Taec, he smirked and diverted a knowing glance at Taec. “You told me you’re all alone in this trip… then who’s this pretty girl…?”

“What girl? I’m alone Carlos… who the hell are you talking about?” Taec had that serious face as he played with his friend. Carlos’ face turned a little pale before Taec laughed out loud and gestured for Fany to come closer. “Easy there Carlos.., I was just kidding… hahaha”

“You playing jokes on me now?!!” Carlos clearly showed that he was pissed until he spotted that the two people in front of him were actually in a closer relationship than he thought. “So what’s up with you?” he asked and Taec knew that his friend did not refer to his current life or career as the two had already caught up a week ago.

“Nothing much… let’s go shall we?” Taec pushed his friend towards the jeep knowing that the man meant everything close to malice. However, before Carlos rode the car, he took another glance at the two clasping hands that had attracted him earlier on.

“I’m Carlos Naval… I met Taec back in college, and I’ve migrated here five years ago… So you are?” Carlos asked as he started the engine, looking at Tiffany through the rear view mirror. He earned a slap on the arm from Taec but he did not stop fishing for new facts on his friend.

“I’m Tiffany Hwang… Korean… I met him here and he helped me with some things…”

“Oooohhhh… Taec’s helping you with some stuff ey?” he smirked and Fany was a little uncomfortable with Taec’s friend who seemed a little weird to her.

“Stop it and get on with your tour guide mode okay? Do what you’re supposed to do and not snoop into some people’s business like a creepy …” Taec glared at his friend and Carlos cleared his throat before he started introducing the tour.

They went into an adventurous ride through the villages in Bora Bora and they passed by some places where they could see the amazing view over the lagoon. As Fany took pictures of the lagoon, Taec could not help but smile at how the sun shines on her beautifully and Carlos could only shake his head at his definitely love struck friend. They also stopped by some historical places where Taec was immersed in as he loved novels, movies and such that talked about the world war.

Carlos then took them to the pearl farms where Fany was definitely delighted to see. As she concentrated on looking at the farmers’ process of pearl harvesting, he spotted his friend giving him weird signals. He approached him only to be eyed weirdly.

“Hey, you want to give her a gift? Most of the shops here sell strings of pearl which look boring, but there’s a store uphill that sells unique pieces… maybe you can propose to her with that…” Carlos grinned at him and Taec just shoved him away, but Taec thought that Carlos finally had some good idea pop in his head.

“Fany-ah, I’ll just use the restroom uphill… stay here with Carlos okay? I’ll be back quick…” he told Fany and the woman just nodded, whereas Carlos could only call himself a genius as he knew where Taec really went.

After spending hours in the tour, the three of them had lunch and soon parted with Carlos after he dropped the two in their next destination. “Now let’s go feed the sharks and rays!” he was so energetic and excited as he spoke that he almost missed the fact that Fany stopped in her tracks.

“What did you say oppa? Feed sharks and rays?” she spoke and he nodded. “No way, I’m not going with you, anything but that oppa… I’m not crazy enough to do that… just not that please…” she whined and he could not help but lose to her.

“I badly wanted to do that… but since I promised that this day would be for you… so fine… let’s just ride the aquabike…” he spoke and they started to walk towards the dock.

“What’s that?”

“It’s like a mini submarine with snorkeling… underwater bike so that we can explore the lagoon and see the fishes… Carlos said that it’s something I should not miss… so please, my princess Fany…” it was his turn to whine and he succeeded as she sighed b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter