Chapter 2: Brave

Falling Into Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a little after 2 in the afternoon when Taec went back to his bungalow. With a sigh, he placed the meal he had bought for her just on top of the bedside table. The woman was still sound and peacefully asleep and he did not want to wake her as he made the best effort not to make any noise as he walked around the bungalow.

He did not know why he had this sudden attachment to her that he wanted to keep an eye on the angel-like woman as she slept. He was worried that she would wake up and hyperventilate again like she did the first time he saw her. In the end, he took a comfortable spot at the living room and opened his newly purchased book, TransAtlantic. He sat there as he silently read the book, immersing himself into the new good read, not noticing how time flew.

It was already time for sunset when she stirred in her sleep, slowly regaining consciousness after the rest she had needed. She rubbed her eyes as she slowly recollected the happenings of that morning and she could not help but feel sad as she remembered how her dream island just became her hell’s island. She turned her body to the side and saw a boxed meal with a note on it, and she remembered how a complete stranger had just taken care of her.

She took the note and smiled weakly as she read it. “When you’re already awake sleepy princess, eat this... so that you can regain your energy and enjoy what’s Bora Bora has yet to show... your white horsed knight is waiting for you too... ^^”  

When she rested the note on her lap, she lifted her head and her eyes met with the beautiful sunset. She smiled at the sight of the breathtaking scenery but soon frowned as she remembered how she wanted to cuddle up with her supposed boyfriend and enjoy the sunset together. She hugged her knees together as tears suddenly involuntarily formed again in her eyes.

As soon as he heard some sniffing and muffled sobs, he turned his head to the guest room and knew that she was already awake, though not happily awake. He folded the page of his book and left it on the couch as he stood and went to check on her. He slowly peeked into the room, only to see her crying again.

“Hey, don’t waste the nature’s beauty with your tears... this beautiful island is for you to see and enjoy, not for you to cry at... you know...” he started as he wanted to comfort her by teasing her. “plus, you’re wasting your beauty with all these...” he added as he knelt, levelling with her, lifting her face up and wiped her tears.

“Sorry... I just remembered something...” she replied as she composed herself.

“Don’t think about the bad things... stop thinking about him...” he softly spoke.

“I can’t help it... everything this place is... is just what I wanted to share with him... together... as a lovely couple...” she weakly spoke as she sniffed again, controlling her emotions.

“I’m not gonna ask you what really and exactly happened to you... and what your ex-boyfriend did...” he spoke. “Well, he’s already your ex-boyfriend right? You broke up with him already right, after what happened...?” he asked to confirm, doubting the naive looking lady he was with. She smiled a little when he asked her.

“Okay, going back... I’m not gonna snoop into your private problems... but you need to move on and show him that you’re alright after all these... you need to show him that he lost someone wonderful and you’re better off without him...” he advised like how a love doctor would. “I know that it could be a challenge since he’s also here with his other woman and it just happened this morning, but you need to be that strong woman and rub it on his face...”

“How did you know that? I don’t remembering telling you that...” she was confused and speechless.

“Well, it was not difficult to guess by your reaction... that’s how a woman reacts to a breakup after she’s been cheated on... and also, I don’t think you would run all the way to French Polynesia just to sob on it... so I walked around and stumbled upon someone who was also concerned for you...” he continued and she signalled him to go on.

“It’s Anna-ssi, your supposed attendant... and she spilled half of the beans... she told me how you ran out of the villa crying, minutes after you arrived at the villa you were supposed to occupy with your boyfriend... shortly before that, I saw a Korean dude, walking out with another woman... that’s how I put together the puzzle pieces and knew what must have happened...”

“You’re not quite the normal person either, TaecYeon-ssi... you said that you’re not gonna ask what happened... but I never thought that it would be because you already knew what happened...” Tiffany scoffed. “But anyways, thank you for the concern... and I will remain strong, especially in front of them... so don’t worry...”

“Well, I don’t know what exactly happened inside the room... I just have a rough guess...” he defended himself. “Anyways, are you sure you could do it? When you just cried after remembering him?” he added and she smiled guiltily.

“This would just be for today... I promise to be a stronger person tomorrow... so... can you let me borrow your hug for the meantime? I just wanna cry until I’m drained of tears, so that I would have nothing to cry tomorrow...” she spoke. “I know that we just met today, but I feel really comfortable talking to you...”

“Sure... just promise me that you’d be better tomorrow...” he spoke and got himself comfortable on the bed as Tiffany leaned on him as she silently cried. He thought that her condition was better as she was not sobbing now, and was just crying.

After a few minutes of letting her silently cry on his shoulder, he remembered telling her something important. “I asked the concierge earlier... they said that they are full today, there won’t be any vacant rooms for you until the day after tomorrow...so I just took the liberty to book you a bungalow... so for tonight and tomorrow, would you want to stay in this room temporarily?”

“Thank you...” she muttered and slowly her eyes started drooping. She was about to fall asleep again until she was interrupted.

Grrr—grrrr~~~

He chuckled at the sound and ruffled the woman’s hair, in reaction to her cuteness. “I think you need something to fill your hunger... I don’t want your stomach to be my alarm clock in the middle of the night...” he teased. “This one’s already cold... do you want to go out and have some dinner... I’m also quite hungry...”

“But...” she interjected before she bit her lower lip.

“Don’t worry... there are more than twenty restaurants here in the island, so let’s enjoy Bora Bora shall we?”

“Fine... I’ll just change... and cover these eye bags with some make-up”

“Araseo, I’ll wait for you outside...” he grinned as she’s now looking better.

After a little while, she came out looking a little fresher with her bright clothes as Taec still looked like a beach hottie on a business trip. With their shoes on their hands, they walked, side by side, the sandy shores as they headed to the restaurant Taec suggested. She was finally able to enjoy the sand under her feet and the water occasionally brushing through their legs.

The time they arrived at the restaurant, the area was already packe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter