Quit Playing

Error 404: No Memory

"I... I don't believe I know what you're talking about," the elder lied halfheartedly as he looked at Jongin with a stoic face, but it was no use, the younger remembered that night clearly.

 
"I remember everything, Lay," Jongin replied with a smirk on his face and a taunting look in his eyes. "I remember going to a party in the city with Taemin, Key, and Sehun. I remember spotting you staring at me. I wasn't drunk that night and neither were you," Jongin pushed on as he watched the facade slowly fade away from Yixing's face, turning into a hint of desire much like how it was that night.
 
"I think you're mistaken," the doctor said before looking back down at his notes and giving a fake glance over just to keep the younger from pressing the matter even more.
 
"I don't believe I am. Stop trying to deny it, you've remembered me from day one, haven't you?" Jongin proceeded with a glint in his eyes. "You remember us talking which eventually led to you kissing my cheek before disappearing for the night, but not before you slipped your cell phone number in my pocket."
 
"If you remember all of that then answer me this: why didn't you ever call?" Yixing hissed back, a little annoyed with the public setting Jongin chose for them to speak of their rendez-vous months prior. He rather them speak somewhere more private where people wouldn't over hear.
 
"What was it you even wanted from me? I told you I was still in high school, usually that scares people off, but not you. Are you a e?" Jongin teased as he laced his fingers together and propped his chin upon them as he smiled tauntingly at the elder across from him.
 
"Does our age minor difference bother you that much?" Yixing inquired with a raised eyebrow.
 
"Maybe I didn't call you because I was worried you were tipsy and would've regretted it the next day."
 
"I wasn't tipsy that night, you and I both know that," Yixing replied lowly, feeling a little hurt that he was rejected by a seventeen year old boy who is now his client.
 
"But perhaps you did regret it. The daytime makes us regret the things we do in the shadows. Plus, I'm still in high school. You would've gotten bored of me and found someone more on your level," Jongin admitted, slouching back in his seat before focusing his gaze on his now empty mug.
 
"It's been over a month and I'm still no where near bored with you," the elder shyly spoke as he watched the younger with thoughtful eyes, mentally preparing for the rejection that would without a doubt follow.
 
Jongin looked up in shock and awe. That gut feeling came back but it hit him like a hurricane. It wasn't the icky feeling as it was with Seolhyun, but more similar to what he felt when he spoke to Kyungsoo. Confusion began to cloud his mind, everything seemed to be piecing back together without much effort on his end.
 
"What about Seolhyun? You show her so much affection, how do I know I'm not just a passing fancy? Do you like her?" Jongin seemed genuinely concerned with what Yixing's answer would be, stressing over what was going on between them. With Seolhyun it was easy to tell there was a certain love tension laced with lust, but then what does he feel for Jongin?
 
Yixing sat up straight and cleared his throat before stacking up his papers. "Jongin, I think that's enough for today, let's head out and get you home." It wasn't a suggestion, it was a command. Jongin felt his heart sink to the pit of his stomach. The elder skipped over the question, leaving Jongin feeling stupid for even bringing up the past.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"You're awfully quiet," Yixing noted as he drove the silent streets back to Jongin's home. "What's on your mind?"
 
"Nothing," Jongin replied nonchalantly, but that was one hell of a lie and they both knew it.
 
"If it's about what we were talking about earlier-"
 
"Drop it," Jongin demanded in a soft, almost broken tone. His emotions were all over and all he wanted was to be alone to figure out what it was he was feeling.
 
"Jongin," Yixing spoke authoritatively as he pulled up in front of the younger's place. "Are you in any way jeal-"
 
"I said drop it. What part of that do you not understand?" Jongin snapped. He didn't want Yixing to candy coat anything, it was silly of Jongin to think Yixing ever wanted anything with Jongin when he was so clearly not interested. "I'm your client, you're my doctor. End of discussion."
 
Jongin shoved open the car door and rushed out swiftly, slamming the door behind him without an apology or a glance back to wave goodnight as he usually did.
 
"Jongin!" Yixing yelled from the rolled down passenger window, but Jongin ignored shin and rushed to the sanctity of his home away from the chaos he brought upon himself. What was his life becoming?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ya know, you can't keep ignoring him forever," Sehun babbled on as he walked down the empty hallway with Jongin. "He's been pouting like no other. Geez, he hasn't pouted this much since Key yelled at him for ruining his white shirt."
 
"Wait, who are we talking about?" Jongin paused in his steps and looked at Sehun. Last he knew they were talking about Leeteuk and his party that was going to happen later that night, but his mind began to wander when he thought he felt another presence trailing behind them.
 
"Jonghyun. He feels like what you remember about him is that you don't like him, but that's not true. Now he won't stop pouting because you aren't talking to him like you used to," Sehun repeated.
 
"Oh," was all the elder said. "Wait, I haven't been ignoring him. I just haven't been around him."
 
"He'll be at Leeteuk's party tonight, you can talk to him then if you want," Sehun babbled on, oblivious to the fact that they were being followed. "So will Kyungsoo... You know, him and the others at his table."
 
Jongin was quiet, absorbing the information like a dry sponge, then it clicked. Not everything, but the piece of information Sehun just gave Jongin didn't fit with the rest of the puzzle.
 
"Sehun-ah, I just remembered I left a textbook back in my locker," Jongin lied smoothly as he turned around and began back tracking. "You can go on, I'll meet you before the party!" No one was insight, but Jongin could sense they were still nearby.
 
"Okay," the younger shouted before continuing on home. Jongin slowed his pace, looked over his shoulder to see Sehun walk outside into the courtyard, then turned his focus forward to see someone standing in front of him. Of course.
 
"Why were you eavesdropping?" Jongin asked calmly as he looked at the elder standing before him.
 
"Are you going to go to the party tonight?"
 
"Deflecting again. You do that a lot, don't you?" Jongin noted as he crossed his arms and glared at the shorter make in front of him. "What is it that you want?"
 
"Heh," the red haired boy chuckled as he leaned forward slightly and slipped his hands into his front pockets. "You seem to know a lot about me? Have you remembered me yet?"
 
"You're bound and determined for me to remember you. Why don't you just tell me if you want it so badly?" Jongin growled out. The weird feeling in his stomach began to erupt again with the way Kyungsoo looked at him. A certain curiosity set deep in his eyes as he looked over Jongin's features. Kyungsoo took a step closer, closing the distance between them, making the tension so thick and the heat became slightly too much for the younger.
 
"And what is it that I want so badly?" Kyungsoo breathed out, his face a few inches away from Jongin's, but the younger kept a stoic expression upon his face.
 
"How am I supposed to know if you won't tell me?" Jongin retorted, his heart beat began to quicken more and more each with passing second that Kyungsoo didn't pull away.
 
"I think you know what I've wanted from the first time we met," Kyungsoo whispered before he began moving his face closer to Jongin's.
 
"Jongin-ah!" an authoritative voice shouted from the end of the hall. The younger stepped back from Kyungsoo and looked over his shoulder to see Doctor Zhang striding towards him.
 
"Doctor?" he answered before turning back to see a fuming Kyungsoo glare down the older male. "What are you doing here? You have the night off," Jongin asked as he refocused his attention onto the frantic doctor.
 
"I just... Had a feeling," he responded, stopping a few steps away from the two with a dumbfounded look upon his face.
 
"A feeling," Jongin restated. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, earning a look from Yixing. "Never mind that, I was just about to head home. You should do the same," the younger suggested before stepping away from Kyungsoo and turning to walk towards the courtyard.
 
"I'll drive you home," Yixing rushed out as he put his hand out to stop Jongin but ended up palming his chest. Jongin widened his eyes and looked at the elder questioningly. "Your mother wouldn't want you walking home alone."
 
"I'll see you tonight, Jongin," Kyungsoo declared before giving one last look to Yixing and turning on his heel to walk in the opposite direction. Jongin waited until the footsteps faded before he weaved around Yixing skillfully and made a dash for the door.
 
"Jongin, wait!" Yixing shouted as he followed the younger. He gripped Jongin's wrist and turned him around to face him. "You've been ignoring me lately."
 
"Yeah, apparently I've been doing that to a lot of people lately," he mumbled.
 
"Why are you mad at me?" Yixing demanded with a death grip on the younger's wrist so he couldn't dodge the question anymore. "And don't give me that stupid lie about how you're just stressed. I know you're angry about something."
 
"Oh, I don't know, Oppa. Has my cuteness been wearing off? Or is it that you only wanted me that night because I was something easy to grab, Oppa?" Jongin giggled then ripped his arm away from the doctor. "I'll walk, Doctor."
 
Yixing stood still before charging at the younger then dragging him away to his car. "We need to talk."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Apparently the whole "talk" was more of a suffocating silence since Yixing hadn't said a word the whole time they had been in the car.
 
Jongin zoned out, thinking back to Kyungsoo and the hallway. He still had no idea why Kyungsoo expected from him, but the sweaty palms and erratic heartbeats were giving him more and more reason to believe that there was something there.
 
"Why were you with Kyungsoo?" Yixing calmly asked as he kept his gaze on the road.
 
"Why does it matter?" Jongin snapped. He was tired of being a rock between the two of them when neither of them would even tell him anything about their past.
 
"I don't trust him, that's why. He has a reputation around school and I... I care too much for you to not worry about you," Yixing answered, again in a calm tone.
 
"Then why do you always keep me in the dark? You keep me at an arms distance in your life yet you have to know every little aspect of mine, it's unfair," Jongin whined. The truth was finally revealing itself between the two of them.
 
"It's not as simple as you think."
 
"Then why is it so easy for you to flirt with Seolhyun? Why do you give her attention then care for me? Why do you give her your dimple smile but not me? Why do you sit between us at lunch?" Jongin spat out, his emotions flying out of control.
 
"I care for you because I'm your doctor, I'm supposed to."
 
"Bull, you and I both know there's more to it than you just doing your job."
 
"I give her my dimple smile because it makes you jealous. I sit between you two because Sehun sits on the other side of you and Seolhyun plans it that way!" Yixing explained, letting it slip that he likes making Jongin jealous.
 
"Then make your damn move," Jongin shouted simultaneously as Yixing parked in front of Jongin's home. Yixing unbuckled at lightning speed and leaned across to kiss Jongin... On the cheek. Then his forehead. Then his other cheek.
 
Yixing looked scared as hell when he sat back in his seat and stared outside the windshield. Jongin breathed heavily as he looked in shock at the elder.
 
"That's your move? To kiss me like how my mother does before I leave for school?!"
 
"I can't..." Yixing hit his palm against his steering wheel as his thoughts processed before forming into words. "I can't break my contract. If anyone were to find out I would be fired."
 
"Oh yeah, I guess I forgot you were my hired nanny since you flirt with Seolhyun every day."
 
"Would you stop that? I'm not interested in her."
 
"Whatever. Enjoy your Friday night off," Jongin said before opening the passenger door.
 
"Jongin, wait," Yixing begged as he touched the younger's wrist. "Please... Don't go to that party."
 
Jongin smirked, picked up Yixing's hand, kissed the back of it then smiled sweetly. "It's not in my contract to keep away from Kyungsoo." Jongin dropped his hand then slipped out of the car and headed inside where Sehun and Taemin were, without a doubt, waiting for him.