I remember

Error 404: No Memory

A week and a half had passed and still Jongin still had no recollection of anyone other than his parents. Doctor Zhang seemed completely calm with everything, even when Taemin threw temper tantrums and Sehun got frustrated with Jongin.

 
"How are you feeling today, Jongin?" Doctor Zhang asked as they sat facing each other closely in a small cafe. It was becoming a routine for them to stop somewhere after school and discuss the day's events before Doctor Zhang dropped Jongin off at home for the evening.
 
"The same as always," he replied remotely. No smile, no smirk, no frown. Nothing to prove any feelings had been uncovered. Doctor Zhang nodded as he scribbled down notes on the last sheet of paper of his notepad.
 
"Have you finished all your makeup work?" he questioned with a quirked eyebrow. Jongin nodded in response before taking a sip from his iced coffee. "You're progressing wonderfully in your academics, it's quite astonishing... Do you feel confused about anything you've learned?"
 
"Not at all, it just comes naturally," Jongin answered honestly. The corners of Doctor Zhang's lips turned up in a small smile, but not enough to show off the dimples Jongin secretly and subconsciously longed to see.
 
"Tomorrow, will be better," the elder affirmed with a single nod towards the younger. Jongin nodded without blinking, keeping eye contact with the brown eyes doctor across from him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Today was a good day, don't you think?" Doctor Zhang asked the blond boy sitting in the passenger seat of his car who seemed preoccupied with staring out the window. "Jongin?" he murmured as he placed his hand on the younger boy's knee.
 
Jongin felt a jolt course through his body from the simple touch. He started to notice his body reacting certain ways to the doctor and how they differed from everyone else, he just kept that bit of information from Doctor Zhang.
 
"Yes?" he asked nonchalantly. Doctor Zhang repeated his question once more. "Sure," was all Jongin said before shutting down and looking out the window again, silently trying to decipher the eruption of nerves in the pit of his stomach.
 
"Yixing," the elder stated once he pulled up to his patient's house.
 
"Hm?" Jongin hummed as he turned to face the elder.
 
"You can call me Yixing from now on. Since we're so close in age and all..." the elder rushed out. Jongin nodded, the nerves in his stomach picking up again. "Goodnight, Jongin-ah."
 
"Goodnight, Doc- I mean, goodnight, Yixing," Jongin said before opening the door and stepping out quickly. Yixing watched to make sure the young man made it in safely before driving away. Jongin didn't understand the way his heartbeat funny, but he felt a feeling. A deep feeling that he once possessed for a red haired boy before that he no longer remembered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"This is it," Sehun chimed as he pointed to the double doors that lead to the practice room. "I think Key is in here as well."
 
"Who?" Jongin asked as Sehun opened the door, but his question was quickly forgotten once he heard the music and saw his brother moving.
 
Taemin danced, but it wasn't just dancing. No, it was something more powerful, more moving. The elder had his eyes closed as his body flowed effortlessly to the music, like the steps were just instilled into his memory and needed no practice. That's when it clicked.
 
Jongin knew this dance, he knew it like he knew who Taemin was and is. The younger smiled and walked towards the dance floor with a purpose. Once he caught the beat, he joined his hyung in the choreography, moving just as gracefully and effortlessly.
 
Yixing, Sehun, and Key watched in surprise. A smile grew on Sehun's face as he watched his best friend remember his own flesh and blood. Only when the music stopped did Taemin notice that he wasn't dancing alone.
 
"Oh, Jongin-ah?" Taemin breathed out, shocked. "Dong... Saeng?" he asked hesitantly.
 
Jongin smiled brightly and nodded before pouncing on his brother, making them both fall to the ground. Taemin laughed and almost cried from happiness. His brother finally remember him.
 
"Hyung! I remember you! I remember memories of us growing up! Sehun! Key!" Jongin yelled before hopping up and running to the brothers, crashing into them and falling to the floor with loud thuds. "I remember you two as well! That dance, it's one we all created together back when we were younger. How could I have ever forgotten?" Jongin exclaimed proudly as he hugged the both of them tightly. Sehun laughed and gripped his best friend tightly. He missed him more than he was willing to admit.
 
"What are you feeling, Jongin?" Yixing asked, pen in hand ready to write on a fresh notepad.
 
"Happiness. I feel happy, joyful, wild. I want to smile, but I also want to party. Is that weird?"
 
"Not at all. You remembered three people at once, they each provoke different feelings from you," Yixing responded as he swiftly moved his own across the blank spaces.
 
"I've missed you so much, Jongin," Taemin cooed as he pulled his brother away from the two other boys and hugged him tightly. The elder began peppering his brother with kisses despite the younger's complaints.
 
"Yah! What is this? Why are you doing this? Stop! Stahp!"
 
"Never!"
 
Yixing giggled under his breath at the whole scene. His heart swelled with happiness for everyone, but mainly for Jongin. He was finally improving.
 
"Yah! Why are you all so weird?" Jongin protested as he got attacked by all three of the boys on the floor. "This is not enjoyable!"
 
"Oh hush! You know you secretly love the attention," Key retorted before slapping Jongin's , earning him a small yelp from the younger.
 
The further they continued, the more Yixing began to feel uncomfortable, like he was intruding on a private moment. Without making much noise, Yixing slipped out of the room and into the vacant hallway where he leaned his head against the cool wall and fluttered his eyes shut.
 
"Are you Jongin's doctor?" a steady voice asked from out of nowhere, causing Yixing to nearly jump out of his skin.
 
"Uh, yes. Who are you?" Yixing asked politely. The red haired boy looked at him warily, like he was studying Yixing.
 
"My name is Kyungsoo. In a third year here. Has Jongin... Mentioned anything about me?" Kyungsoo interrogated as he took a step closer to the taller man. Yixing felt slightly intimidated, like Jongin was Kyungsoo's territory and he was posing a threat to the red haired man.
 
"I'm sorry, but I cannot disclose any information about Jongin. Any conversation we have had is confidential between us unless Jongin speaks of it himself," Yixing replied automatically. It was true, he wasn't allowed to share anything about Jongin with people who weren't in his family.
 
"I take that as no then," Kyungsoo murmured quietly, almost defeatedly. The young man shook his head then his heel to walk away, but Yixing stopped him.
 
"Who are you to him?" he asked abruptly. Kyungsoo paused then turned his head to the side with a smirk on his lips.
 
"I'm sure you'll find out soon enough, I'm not that forgettable," Kyungsoo responded ominously before walking off. Suddenly, the innocent blond boy on the other side of the door became much more important to Yixing than any of his other patients.
 
The bell rang, indicating that lunch was over and classes were to begin shortly. Jongin and the others stumbled out of the dance studio laughing loudly.
 
"Ready, Yixing?" Jongin asked with a giant, goofy smile on his face. Yixing felt his heart soften at the sight of Jongin happy. This was an emotion he wanted the younger to always feel, he loathed the day he'd have to see Jongin sad.
 
"I'm ready whenever you are," he chirped with a smile on his own face that revealed his dimples. Jongin glanced at the indents on the elder's cheeks, letting his eyes linger for a second too long. Yixing sensed something change, but he knew whatever it was, it wasn't allowed no matter how much he secretly wanted it to be.