Blackout

Error 404: No Memory
Another two weeks had passed. Jongin had been busy with school, work and dance rehearsals, keeping his mind occupied to not really notice the looks Kyungsoo had been giving him all the last week. No goggly eyes, but more of a curious stare, one that Jongin usually gave to him.
 
"He's looking again," Sehun whispered to the elder as they walked to their table. Jongin glanced over in Kyungsoo's direction to see him look then look away. Jongin simply shakes his head and kept walking.
 
"I don't know why. He's straight, there's no chance for me to have a romantic relationship with him," Jongin explained as he sat down at the table.
 
"Oh here we go again," Amber groaned out. All the past week his friends kept pointing out Kyungsoo to him, trying to get Jongin to notice the way the red haired boy was captivated by him. No luck.
 
"Honey, Leeteuk only discovered he was gay when he met me. The truth is he may not actually be gay, he may just really only like me for me, despite that we are the same gender," Heechul commented as he patted the younger's knee with a small smile on his face. Everyone around the table nodded in agreement and smiled, even Seolhyun.
 
"Thanks guys," Jongin replied with a small smile himself. "But, I'm okay even if he isn't. I know it's just a silly crush."
 
"But you can't predict the future," Hyeri retorted. "Jongin, you're like the baby of this table. Even though Sehun is the youngest, and a dumb ," she added with a sly smirk in his direction to which he just rolled his eyes, "we want you to understand that relationships are tricky and you just gotta go for it."
 
"If you're implying that I should make the first move, then no."
 
"Aish, such a child. Grow a pair and talk to him," Jongdae barked. Jongin shook his head and stood up.
 
"Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather do my own thing," Jongin stated firmly. Before turning to walk away.
 
"Where are you going? You haven't even eaten anything?" Heechul called out.
 
"I'm not hungry," Jongin snapped back. All of their pressure made him loose his appetite and his anger ignite within him. He didn't want to say all the vicious things that came to mind, so he walked away.
 
Pulling out his cell phone, Jongin decided to call his hyung and see if he could hide out with him. Taemin always had a way of keeping his brother happy, even when his day was .
 
"Hyung, where are you?" Jongin demanded as he walked down the empty hallway, his voice echoing off the lockers and flowing down the corridor.
 
"I'm in the practice room. Why? Is everything okay?" Taemin rushed out, clearly out of breath from dancing.
 
"The table was giving me a hard time again," Jongin sighed out. "They think I should talk to Kyungsoo."
 
"Come on down. It's just Key, Mir, and Joon down here," Taemin offered. Jongin breathed easier knowing it was all third years down in the practice room, no second year drama.
 
"Thanks, hyung," Jongin replied before hanging up. His anger died down a bit, but he was still upset.
 
Footsteps filled the hallway, his own at first, then ones that went faster than his own. He sensed someone closing in on him quickly, he was sure it was Sehun or Jongdae. When he felt the stranger close behind him, he stopped suddenly and whipped around.
 
"What?!" he barked out with an irritated expression on his face. Jongin's expression quickly turned to surprise when he saw that is wasn't someone he was expecting.
 
"Is this how we are going to start greeting each other from now on?" Kyungsoo asked with a smirk on his lips. Jongin felt a different fire ignite in his veins, and the butterflies began flapping away in the pit of his empty stomach.
 
"Uh... No," Jongin answered before spinning back around and walking back towards his destination. Kyungsoo followed quickly, keeping up his pace to match Jongin's.
 
"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked excitedly. Jongin chuckled beneath his breath shyly.
 
"I'm going to visit my brother in the dance studio," Jongin explained nervously.
 
"You didn't eat anything," Kyugsoo pointed out, his tone laced with worry but covered up to sound nonchalant.
 
"I'm not hungry," he stated plainly. Truth was, he ate a lot more than humanly possible but he was just naturally thin. If he skipped a meal most people assumed he was anorexic, but he most definitely wasn't. "Don't worry, I eat just fine," he added in quickly when Kyungsoo gave him a look.
 
"So who is your brother?" The elder asked as they pushed through the double doors that lead to the courtyard.
 
"Taemin. He's a third year," Jongin replied. "He's been practicing for auditions to get into a good college."
 
"Ah, I've heard of him. He's best friends with Key, right?"
 
"Yeah. We've known Key's family since we were little," Jongin explained with a small grin on his face. "It was Taemin and Key against Sehun and I. We always pulled pranks on each other, our parents stopped caring after a while."
 
"Sounds like fun," Kyungsoo spoke. "Who is Sehun?" he asked indifferently.
 
"He's my best friend. And he is Key's younger brother."
 
"Sounds like one big happy family," Kyungsoo chuckled. "Kind of like Hyunsik and I. Friends since birth."
 
Jongin nodded, understanding who he was in Kyungsoo's life finally. Like he always told himself, nothing to be jealous of.
 
The rest of their walk was in silence as the finally reached the practice room across the courtyard.
 
"Hyung!" Jongin shouted once he opened the door and saw his brother sitting on the floor next to Key and Mir while Joon was stretching out. Taemin's head shot up and he smiled at the younger brightly.
 
"Oh my dongsaeng!" Key shouted as he shot up and ran over to the younger to hug him tightly. "It's been too long since we've all hung out."
 
"Yeah, all we're missing from the quartet and Sehun," Jongin replied as he released the elder. "Joon, what the hell are you doing?!"
 
Joon was laying on his back with his feet in the air, one hand around each ankle, his shorts falling back to show off his milky white thighs.
 
"He's trying out his new mating call," Mir answered with his lips pressed in a thin line and a shake of his head.
 
"Dammit, Joon," Key shouted out as he walked over to the elder. "How many times have I told you, don't lie on your back, sit up slightly! You'll show off more goods that way."
 
"Maybe this is why I haven't hung out with you guys in a while," Jongin muttered as he walked past the two boys having a stretch off.
 
"Hello, Jonginnie. Long time, no see," Taemin greeted as he reached out for his brother to hug him. Jongin sate down next to his hyung and wrapped his arms around his waist.
 
"You're all sweaty. You smell like crap," Jongin commented. Taemin laughed and tightened his grip around the younger's shoulders.
 
"Love me, dongsaeng," he replied as he shoved his brother's face into his armpit.
 
"Dear god, my eyes burn! Mir help!" Jongin cried out as he tried to push his brother away, but the elder was too strong.
 
"I'll save you, hyung!" Sehun yelled from the door way, rushing past Kyungsoo and the two idiots on the floor. Sehun jumped on top of Taemin, earning a scream which turned to laughing as Sehun tickled the other.
 
"Where did you come from?!" Jongin asked as he stood up and hovered over the two. Sehun managed to sit atop of Taemin, hold his wrists together in one hand as he faces Jongin.
 
"I had a feeling you'd come here. I didn't want you to be too upset so I came to the rescue!"
 
"Rescue my ," Taemin muttered, to which Sehun slapped his harshly. "Ow, what the hell was that for?!"
 
"For picking on my hyung," he replied as he stuck out his tongue.
 
"Yah, I'm your hyung!" Key yelled from his new split position on the floor. Sehun looked at him incredulously then shook his head rapidly.
 
"Not when you're in that position!"
 
"Kids, can we please calm down," Mir spoke loudly, rubbing his temples. "Why haven't we been introduced to the new kid?" Mir pointed out as he looked at an awkward Kyungsoo standing close to the exit.
 
"Oh, sorry," Jongin replied with a sheepish grin. "Everyone, this is Kyungsoo."
 
"I know," Joon stated. "He's friends with Xiumin."
 
"You know Xiumin?" Jongin asked, shocked. Very few people knew Xiumin, mainly because he was extremely shy and practically never spoke to anyone, but also because he was one of the best dancers of the school. Not better than Taemin, but their styles of dance were different.
 
"Yeah. He's my neighbor," Kyungsoo said as he walked over towards Jongin smoothly.
 
"Man, I'd love to do a collaboration with him," Taemin groaned.
 
"I could talk to him for you. He's a really nice guy," Kyungsoo offered. Taemin beamed from beneath Sehun and nodded furiously.
 
"Would you please? If we did a collaboration, I might make it into an entertainment company."
 
"Sure. I'll see him this weekend at Jonghyun's party."
 
"Oh yeah," Key piped in, coming out of his awkward position and standing normally. "Jonghyun wanted me to invite you guys. It's his celebratory party for signing on with a record company."
 
"Dammit, Key," Sehun groaned, lifting himself off of Taemin and letting the poor man breath normally again. "Why do you forget to tell us these things?"
 
"Shut up, Sehun. Just be glad you're invited."
 
The bell ring suddenly, making everyone in the room hush then groan in unison. Lunch period was over and classes were about to resume once again.
 
"I gotta get going," Kyungsoo spoke to Jongin in a more hushed tone. "My next class is on the complete opposite side of the school."
 
"Okay," Jongin replied with a small smile. Kyungsoo smiled back then patted him on the shoulder.
 
"I'll see you around, Jongin," Kyungsoo said before parting ways. Once he was completely out of the room, all eyes were on him.
 
"Aw, my baby brother," Taemin squealed as he grabbed Jongin into a constricting hug. "You're so close to getting laid. It's beautiful."
 
"Yah, he's not gay," Jongin retorted as he tried to push his brother off of him. Taemin gripped him tighter, Key joined as did Joon.
 
"Aw, Jonginnie," they all cooed in unison. "You have a chance."
 
"Get off," Jongin yelled. "I'm gonna be late for class." Once they released he made a run for it, ignoring their shouts and keeping his pace up until he was a safe distance away, not just from them, but from his own thoughts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Jonghyun really knows how to throw a party," Sehun shouted over the loud music. "Do you think he'll actually ask Key?"
 
Jongin laughed so hard at the question, his eyes began to water. "Of course he will! When he says he is going to do something, he follows through."
 
Sehun smiled and shook his head, taking a gulp of his soju afterwards. Kyungsoo had kept his promise and introduced Taemin to Xiumin, explaining to the latter what Taemin had envisioned then leaving the two gentlemen to talk.
 
"Everybody, can I have your attention?!" A very sober and very loud Jonnghyun shouted, turning down the music prior.
 
"Oh no," Sehun croaked out. This was it.
 
"I'd like to thank you all for coming to my party. As you all know, I have signed on with a record label and next month I will release my album," he paused as the room cheered and clapped for him. Once it was silent he continued on. "I'm extremely happy with where I am in life right now... But there is one thing that would make me the richest and happiest man alive."
 
"Here it comes," Jongin whispered to a queasy Sehun. Jonghyun hopped off the table and made his way to Key who was standing near the middle of the room with a beer in his hand.
 
"My love," jonghyun breathed out as he stood in front of Key, holding his hands. "Kim Kibum," he said before falling to one knee. "I know it's very early in our lives, but I've known since the day you agreed to be my boyfriend, no, I've known since the first time I met you, that you are my one and only. Kim Kibum, will you marry me?" Jonghyun finally asked as he opened a small black box with a silver band nestled inside.
 
The room fell silent as they waited for Key's answer. The blond haired man smirked as he pulled Jonghyun up from his knee.
 
"You idiot," Key responded with a smile on his face and small tears welling in his eyes. "Like you even have to ask, you know my answer."
 
"Which is?" Jonghyun asked as he wiggled his eyebrows and smiled like the biggest dork. Key rolled his eyes as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck.
 
"Hell yes!" Key outbursts before kissing Jonghyun. The crowd began to clap and whistle, everyone already knew this was coming, it is why Jonghyun invited all his friends and Key's friends. He asked Sehun weeks before if he would be okay with Jonghyun marrying his brother. The younger was fine at first, but the reality of it all hit him when Key said yes. His brother was engaged.
 
The music started up once again, drowning out the cooing and awing. Sehun looked at Jongin and smile sadly. His older brother was going to be a married man soon, he felt as if he was losing his hyung. Jongin put his arm around the younger man's shoulder and brought him in for a hug to which the younger didn't refuse.
 
If Sehun wasn't so stoic, he would've been crying, but he always refused to let his emotions show in front of people. He didn't want to be seen as weak, but Jongin, Taemin, and Key knew better.
 
"Dongsaeng," Key called to Sehun. The younger pulled away and gave his brother a big smile. Key returned the expression and pulled his brother by the hand to follow him. "I'm stealing him away for a little while, I hope you understand, Jonginnie."
 
The younger nodded and a smile and quickly gave him a congrats on the engagement. The party was over for Jongin, the whole reason he came just happened and now he was ready to go home.
 
Jongin began to walk out, checking the time to see it was barely eleven at night, pulling up his hood over his head so pathetically protect him from the rain outside.
 
"Jongin-ah!" a comforting voice shouted from behind him. He turned around to see Kyungsoo a few feet behind him. "Where are you going? The party barely started."
 
"Ah, I'm tired. I only came to support Jonghyun," Jongin explained as he fiddled with his keys in his hands.
 
"Can't you stay a little longer?" Kyungsoo pleaded slightly. Jongin felt his heart flutter and his butterflies took flight once again. "I kinda need a wingman. You see there's this college girl in there and she brought a friend. I thought maybe you'd like to... You know," Kyungsoo explained bluntly.
 
The butterflies stopped and the color drained from Jongin's face. There wasn't a chance for him after all, no matter what people tried to make him believe.
 
"Oh uh... I have work tomorrow morning. I think I'll pass," Jongin rushed out as he began to take baby steps backwards.
 
"Aish, screw work. Come on, let's have a good time. They are gorgeous girls," Kyungsoo pressed on. Jongin felt anger and jealousy and hurt rush trough his veins all at once, he wanted to scream.
 
"No thank you."
 
"Jongin-ah, please? They-"
 
"Kyungsoo-yah, I'm gay. I don't want to hook up with any girl, okay!" Jongin shouted. The elder's mouth dropped in shock and his eyes widened. "Good night."
 
Jongin turned quickly and took off running towards his car, nearly slipping on the grass. He got into his car and immediately drove away once his engine was warmed. In his silent car, Jongin could hear his mind yelling at him for blurting out such a sensitive topic, but his heart was telling him it was the right thing since Kyungsoo had been so adamant on Jongin staying to flirt with a gender he wasn't attracted to.
 
The rain began to pick up, making it hard for the young driver to see though his windshield. Jongin willed himself to calm down enough so he could drive safely, but he was panicking because the rain was so strong he could barely see the road in front of him.
 
Off in a distance, Jongin saw a car, but it wasn't as far as he thought. The young man's fight response sparked as he realized that the car was coming directly towards him. He hit his horn and tried swerving slight to get out of the way, but the car did the same and ended up hitting Jongin, causing his car to flip down a ditch.
 
The last thing Jongin remember was seeing the view outside his windshield tumble then his world became black.