Falling for you

Error 404: No Memory

"Ugh, when will Oppa notice me?" Seolhyun whined as she picked at her food mindlessly.

 
"You've asked that question a million times now," Sehun groaned out, rolling his eyes before shaking his head in disapproval.
 
"Wait... Oppa?" Hyeri turned her head to quirk an eyebrow at her sister. "This is different."
 
"Yeah, not an oppa, but Oppa?" Amber questioned as she chewed her food slow and scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.
 
Seolhyun giggled, tucking her chin down and pulling her shoulders forward then bit her bottom lip and tapped her two pointer fingers together repetitively. "Yes, Oppa," she said cutely.
 
Jongin groaned in frustration before dropping his food and shooting a glare at the seventeen year old baby across from himself. Then like a train, it hit him.
 
He remembered Seolhyun and Hyeri, the two he couldn't pinpoint for the longest time.
 
"Yixing, I remember her!" Jongin exclaimed quietly as he turned towards the elder beside him. After the first week of just sitting behind Jongin and eavesdropping, the others invited him to sit at the actual table and visit with him.
 
"Which one? Hyeri or Seolhyun?" Yixing asked as he quickly grabbed out his pen and prepared to jot down notes on the new discovery.
 
"Both! I felt a wave of... Frustration and annoyance just now and then when I looked at Seolhyun, I remembered back in middle school when she was whining about Taemin not noticing her new style. Hyeri I remember because she condoled her sister," Jongin rushed out proudly as Yixing scribbled across the notepad.
 
"What?!" the sisters huffed out in unison, shocked by the feelings Jongin described. The latter simply shrugged and begin picking at his food while Sehun, Amber, Sungjae, Heechul, and Jongdae laughed loudly.
 
"What do you mean I'm annoying?!" Seolhyun demanded, losing all cuteness from before as she stared down Jongin.
 
"It's not that he thinks you're annoying," Yixing piped in when he was finally done writing. "It's just a feeling he ties with you more often and stronger than he does with others." Seolhyun looked shocked but quickly smiled sheepishly at the elder.
 
"O-oh, okay Oppa," Seolhyun responded, full cuteness intact. Jongin felt a twist in his stomach and a burning sensation on his palms. It was that feeling again that he couldn't pinpoint.
 
"He remembers you, that's what is important," Yixing chirped with a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eye as he patted the younger's back. "Then again, you're not unforgettable," he added, making Seolhyun blush, Hyeri giggle, and Jongin feel the burning spread.
 
"I need more food," Jongin said quickly as he pushed back his chair and stood up.
 
"I'll go with!" Sehun exclaimed, clearly excited for more food in his life. Jongin nodded then walked off swiftly, leaving Sehun trailing behind him.
 
In a hurry, the younger turned the corner into the lunch line a but too quickly and absentmindedly and ended up smacking into someone. A soft yet strong hands gripped the younger's arms, keeping him from falling.
 
"Are you okay?" a gentle voice cooed. Jongin looked at the boy who was still holding onto him even though he was standing and felt his body go rigid.
 
"I'm fine, thank you," he said stoically. The boy was a stranger, someone who hadn't provoked any feelings or made any memories, but Jongin would be lying if he said he felt nothing.
 
"Please be more careful," the red haired boy urged as he let his hands fall to his sides. Jongin stared deep into the others eyes, never losing contact. "Do you remember me?" he asked after a few beats of silence.
 
Jongin felt his heart beat a little faster, letting his eyes fall to the other's lips where his tongue darted out to moisten them swiftly. He returned his gaze back to the man's eyes before speaking. "No. I don't remember you, but I'm sure I will if I'm around you more," he answered mechanically.
 
"Heh," Kyungsoo chuckled as he looked down at his feet and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah," he lifted his head back up, "I'm sure that's what will do the trick."
 
"Jongin-ah," Sehun called as he finally caught up to the younger. "Seolhyun's really laying it on with Yixing, isn't she? Aish, she really needs to calm hers-"
 
Sehun stopped when he noticed Kyugsoo standing in front of Jongin quietly, just staring at the latter in an almost lusty way. Jongin wasn't paying any attention to Kyungsoo, so of course he didn't notice.
 
"Herself?" Jongin finished, knitting his eyebrows in confusion at the younger.
 
"I'll see you both around," Kyungsoo said suddenly before walking past the two boys, the back of his hand grazing softly against Jongin's, sending a small shiver down his spine and setting an unfamiliar tension in his stomach.
 
"What happened?!" Sehun jumped once the red haired boy was far enough away to not hear. "What did Kyungsoo say?"
 
"That's his name? Kyungsoo? He never told me..." Jongin spoke softly. His embarrassed side was brought on by Heechul a few weeks prior, when he slapped the younger's in the locker room. Ever since then, Jongin has figured out how to control his voice tone.
 
"You still don't remember him..." Sehun breathed out with a sort of sad look on his face. "I can explain him to you if you'd like?"
 
"Who is he to you?" Jongin asked as he walked towards the snack rack, looking over the choices. "You seem disappointed that I don't remember him."
 
"Oh no, it's not that! It's just..." Sehun bit his lip, unsure of how to ask his best friend a question he once knew the answer to. "Uh, Jongin-ah... Do you... Well, are you interested in, um, the same gender?"
 
Jongin paused and thought it over carefully. He hadn't even thought about that since waking up, homework and remembering was his main focus. "I don't know. I haven't found anyone to my liking. Maybe I like both? What did I like before?" Jongin asked his friend.
 
"Uhhhh... Ummmm..." Sehun dragged on as he stared intently at the snacks in front of him, feeling extremely awkward having to explain it to the elder. "You... You liked guys. Very much so."
 
"Was that guy an ex boyfriend of mine or something?" Jongin asked as he grabbed a random bag of chips and walked to the register where a woman was. Sehun followed suit, grabbing two bags and slipping it with Jongin's one.
 
"Or something. I'm sure you'll remember, unless you're having feelings for someone else..." Sehun suggested with a small shrug. Jongin grabbed his bag when the lady gave him a nod to leave then turned to face his best friend.
 
"I'm not sure I understand what you're insinuating. I haven't felt a special liking towards anyone, otherwise I'd tell Yixing and he'd help me work through it," Jongin replied, walking with Sehun back into the lunchroom.
 
"Aish, never mind," Sehun hugged out, clearly annoyed and walked off towards the table. Jongin was more than confused as to why Sehun was acting so weird, but maybe it was just frustration because Jongin didn't remember Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Were you upset with Seolhyun earlier?" Yixing asked as Jongin sipped on his hot chocolate. The younger tensed up for a second, but relaxed quickly to hide it from the doctor.
 
"Why would I be? She just annoys me sometimes, I guess it's nothing new," Jongin answered nonchalantly.
 
"It seemed like a bit more than that," Yixing smirked as he placed his chin on his hands and leaned forward a bit, getting closer to the younger. "Would you like to talk about it?"
 
"What I'd like to talk about it Kyungsoo," Jongin flipped the conversation. A wave of anger flashed through Yixing's eyes, wiping the smirk off his face and replacing it with a scowl, but he calmed himself and leaned back indifferently.
 
"What about him?" the elder asked.
 
"You know who he is? Yet you never told me?" Jongin inquired with a tilt of his head.
 
"I know of him, nothing more than that. Who is he to you?"
 
"That's what I'd like to know. Sehun mentioned that I'm gay earlier today then asked if I found anyone attractive, but I can't remember. I think he was hinting towards Kyungsoo..."
 
"You're gay?" Yixing asked, a slight sparkle in his eye.
 
"I think so, but I'm honestly not sure. I haven't felt anything significant from anyone like how most people do in movies and in books, so I have no idea whether it's true or not," Jongin explained. It was a confusing time in his life.
 
"It will come to you," Yixing egged on, a bit more enthusiastically than he should've with a big smile on his face.
 
"When I ran into Kyungsoo, I got this weird feeling... I don't know what it is and I don't know how to explain it," Jongin pondered. Yixing's face fell, but he picked it right back up before Jongin could see. "And I've felt this before, but with someone else. It's like my stomach is excited and nervous at the same time. My heart beats funny and my hands begin to get a little shaky like I'm sick. Is there something wrong with me?"
 
"Not at all... It's definitely a crush," Yixing said a little too cheerfully, steeling himself from the feelings he shouldn't feel.
 
"A crush on two people?" Jongin asked incredulously. "I'm pretty sure I've never had a double crush."
 
"Two people? Who is the other one?" Yixing questioned curiously.
 
"He's one of Taemin's friends," Jogin smoothly replied. "I'm not sure if you've met him, but he comes over on the weekends to stay the night so he and Taemin can practice in the mornings."
 
"Oh," Yixing's heart aches a little, but it wasn't supposed to. He's not supposed to get attached, that's in his contract. It's bad enough he flirts with Seolhyun, a girl barely even seventeen, the last thing he needs is to fall for his underage patient.
 
"I just wish I had all my memories. Things would be so much easier..." Jongin spoke more to himself as he peered into his half full mug. "Will I recollect ever memory, or will some be forever lost?"
 
Yixing reached across the table and patted the younger's hand with a small smile on his face. "I can't give you a definite answer, but it's the important memories that matter. If you can't remember it, then why strain yourself? Clearly it wasn't meant to be remembered, leave it at that, okay?"
 
"Then riddle me this: why do I remember meeting you two months before the accident, but I don't remember Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked with a smirk on his face as he peered deep into Yixing's widened eyes. "I do remember that."