Let Me Know

Error 404: No Memory

Jongin woke up the next morning feeling refreshed but not ready to face the day that was ahead of him. No more disgusting dreams of Kyungsoo and Seolhyun, but it still weighed heavily on his mind. The idea of his old crush with someone he was close with that literally hopped on everyone she saw was a bit unsettling, not to mention she was also trying to get with Yixing in reality which made Jongin boil with jealousy and aggravation.

Groaning at the cold air that hit his body when he threw his blanket off of him, Jongin sat up in his dark room and looked out the window. It was still dark outside but the lights from his Christmas decorations shined dimly through his window, brightening his face and making him mellow out at the thought of being able to relax without stressing over school, but now was not the time to mellow. He had reviews that needed his attention and teachers to kiss up to for a better grade.

The thin boy rose to his feet and headed towards the vacant bathroom slowly but with purpose to beat Taemin in getting in the hot shower first. The light burned his eyes when he flicked the switch on, but he walked to the shower with his eyes closed and waited for his eyes to slowly adjust.

All during his shower he couldn’t help but reminisce on his outing from the day before. All of it was so fun even with Yixing there despite his initial dread. In fact, Yixing really made it more special because of his presence. Jongin felt the tips of his fingers tingle and a wave of nerves course through his body just at the memory of Yixing smiling and laughing loudly with him.

“,” he whispered below his breath when he realized that he had an hour before he’d be seeing his doctor again. An hour to collect his rampant nerves and look like his normal self.

“Jongin-ah! Hurry up and stop using all the hot water!” Taemin yelled from the other side of the closed door. The younger shut off the water and dried off, walking out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel around his waist. “I’m gonna beat you up if all the hot water is gone.”

“You’re welcome, Minnie,” Jongin replied with a wink as he walked back into his room to change into warm clothes. His mind began to wander back to school and all the work that was waiting for him and all the exams that were for sure going to kill his brain by Friday.

Absentmindedly, Jongin made his way towards the kitchen to scavenge for food he could chomp down quickly before Yixing would show up. If he had been paying attention, the younger would’ve noticed the Chinese man sitting at the table with two drinks and a muffin but he had tunnel vision and walked by him without even noticing. Looking in the cabinets for food, Yixing watched Jongin with a small grin on his lips as he waited for the younger to finally notice him.

“Umma! Where is the chapsal yakgwa? Didn’t you get some yesterday?!” Jongin shouted as he rummaged through his cabinets, a bit upset that he couldn’t find his sugary treats. Groaning in frustration, Jongin closed the doors and his heel to go find his mother since she wasn’t responding to him. “Umma!” Jongin stopped in his tracks when his eyes landed on the elder sitting down in front of him.

Yixing smiled brightly as he leaned his head against the palm of his hand propped up on the table.

“You’re here early,” Jongin stated in disbelief as he inched closer to the elder.

“You got me breakfast yesterday so I figured I should return the favor,” he replied with a small shrug. “I got your favorite muffin and a hot chocolate. It’s a bit nippy out but the ice has turned to slosh.”

Jongin smiled before sitting down across from the elder and accepting the gift. His nerves were on edge no matter what his facial expression said, it was a fake-it-til-you-make-it situation considering Yixing was still to write down all his actions and reactions.

“Thank you, Yixing,” he said politely before taking a sip of his warm drink. Breakfast was already promising him a good day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin was late to lunch. Taemin had asked for him to come by the dance studio since his teacher that period hadn’t bothered to make the review too difficult and gave him a free day, but their little dance practice had run a little late and Jongin had told Yixing to go on ahead while he went to change in the locker room. Much to Yixing’s disagreement, he went on ahead to let Jongin have his privacy and order him food before all the good stuff was gone.

He sped walk his way across the courtyard, not wanting to waste too much of his eating time, and made it to the long, empty hallway in practically no time. His footsteps echoed off the walls and mixed with the small buzz from the end of the hall where the cafeteria was full of life.

“Oh, Oppa, you should come though! It’ll be fun,” Seolhyun’s voice burned Jongin’s ears as he walked up to the table to see Seolhyun batting her lashes at Yixing whom was sitting next to her.

“Parties aren’t really my thing. Plus, I’m older than all the kids there so it wouldn’t be right,” Yixing replied then looked over his shoulder to see his patient three paces away from him.

“Seolhyun-ah, chill with the thirst, okay?” Amber demanded from across the table before she took a bite of her rice, clearly annoyed with the whole whining bit Seolhyun was doing.

“Sehun, did you touch my food?” Jongin asked as he slid into his seat next to his doctor. He could feel the elder staring holes into the side of his head as he looked at Sehun with a raised brow. From his peripheral he noticed Seolhyun tensed for a second then calmed down and turned to converse with her sister.

“I mean, it was just sitting there begging to be eaten,” Sehun replied as he began to slide a bag of chips towards Jongin. “But don’t worry, Yixing made me get you something in return for eating up one of your side dishes.”

Jongin laughed and said thank you to Yixing then began to scarf down his food while everyone else spoke about the crazy weather and how the exams were going to be the death of all students.

“We should all celebrate together this Friday night for making it through finals,” Sungjae suggested. Amber, Jongdae, Heechul, Sehun, and Hyeri all nodded their heads and mumbled their agreement to Sungjae’s proposal. Seolhyun, however, kept quiet.

“What’s up with you?” Jongdae asked as he eyed Seolhyun suspiciously. “You’re usually down to celebrate. You got a date that night or something?”

“Oh no, no date, sadly. It’s just Hyunsik invited me to come over that night to watch movies with him and some of his friends,” she replied slowly, as if she had to really think about what she was saying before she spoke.

“I’ll text the old men to ask them if they can come too,” Amber teased in reference to Mir, Joon, Taemin, Jonghyun, and Key being third years and about to graduate.

“Zhang, you should come to! You’re practically a part of this family and you’ve dealt with our nonsense almost all semester, that deserves a reward,” Heechul suggested with a cheeky smile as he looked at the elder.

“I don’t think that would be a good idea,” he replied with an awkward chuckle before writing on his notepad. Jongin didn’t say anything due to the fact that he had no problem either way if he came or not.

“Oh, come on, we all accept you as one of us and you’re only two or three years older than us. It’s no big deal,” Amber egged on.

“If Jongin is alright with me going then I’ll go,” Yixing stated.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” the younger replied almost instantly with a grin on his face as he looked at his emotionless doctor. Jongin returned to eating his food as everyone around him conversed about what to do Friday while Seolhyun stayed silent for once.

Jongin felt eyes on him, but he knew they weren’t anyone from close by. He glanced up to look across the cafeteria, spotting the red haired boy watching him with stoic eyes. A pang hit his heart and he knew something was different about Kyungsoo, similar to the way something was different with Seolhyun. The dream flashed across his mind and everything in his body fell numb, his appetite was lost and he was overcome by a nauseous feeling.

“What were you trying to convince Yixing to go to?” Jongin spat out quickly as he snapped his attention to Seolhyun. She looked surprised and her cheeks turned a faint shade of red, her eyes looked down at the table then back up to meet Jongin’s.

“There’s a party this Saturday, I was just inviting Oppa to come with Hyeri and me so he could have some fun,” she answered shyly before biting her bottom lip. Jongin had a feeling she was bluffing somewhere in there, but no one said anything so he simply shrugged before pushing his chair back and standing up.

“Where are you going?” Yixing asked with wide eyes filled with curiosity. “Aren’t you going to finish?”

“I’m not hungry. Sehun-ah, you can finish off what’s left,” the younger offered, sliding his tray across to his eager best friend. “I’ll meet you at my next class, I just need to take care of something real quick,” he rushed out before pacing away quickly from the table. All eyes were on him, burning his covered skin and making his cheeks flush. He needed a moment to himself. Everything seemed to be clouding his mind and boggling his thoughts.

He turned down an empty hallway and let his back hit the locker, counting his breaths in and out to calm his nerves. Sliding down, the young man sat on the cool tile floor with his legs pulled up to his chest. Something didn’t feel right.

“Why do you only come to me when I’m alone,” Jongin asked out loud as he kept his gaze on the other set of lockers across from him. He didn’t need to see who it was, he already knew who was around the corner.

“Because that doctor of yours keeps a tight grip on you when I come around,” Kyungsoo answered as he walked in front of the younger and crouched down to be eye to eye with him. “I think he’s in love with you.”

“He sticks to his contract and follows his word. I’m merely a patient in his eyes,” Jongin responded stoically. Kyungsoo was different this time around, he could feel it, but he didn’t have any clue as to why. Maybe it was because of what happened Friday between them, or maybe it was because they were in school and sober.

“Are you just as loyal to promises as he is?” Kyungsoo asked as he let his hands rest on top of Jongin’s on top of his knees.

“I’m loyal to a fault,” he answered calmly. Kyungsoo smirked then leaned forward slowly and kissed Jongin gently. The younger allowed his eyes to flutter shut, but he refused to open his mouth for Kyungsoo to explore with his tongue.

“Will you promise me a date then?” Kyungsoo asked when he pulled away and looked at the younger with hazy eyes.

“What are your plans for this Friday?” Jongin asked even though he had no intentions to skip his get together with his friends, it was merely a question for his mental records. Kyungsoo paused for a second before answering, a pause that took a little too long.

“I’m going to an arcade with Hyunsik in the city. I’m afraid that night won’t work,” the elder said smoothly. “We can go out Saturday night. Jonghyun is throwing a party that night and I wasn’t planning on going. Are you?”

“I don’t know just yet, Taemin mentioned it to me,” he lied with a sparkle in his eyes despite the bubbling in his stomach. “I’ll let you know Friday, is that okay?”

“Sure, I’ll give you my number so you can just text me,” the elder said as he pulled out his phone to hand it to Jongin. Once they had each other’s numbers, Kyungsoo kissed Jongin once more then the bell rang and they went their separate ways. His lips burned where the elder pressed against them, he just wanted to be near to Yixing to feel alright.

Jongin had an idea, but it would take convincing to get Taemin and Yixing on board to help him out, but he needed the nauseous feeling to disappear for good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Friday night was filled with crazy drivers and students ready to enjoy their extended break away from school. It didn’t take much to convince Taemin to help but talking to Yixing was a bit more difficult considering Jongin had strong feelings for him and hated the way he had reacted to the whole idea.

“Did you feel it Monday too?” Jongin whispered as he leaned his head back against the head rest in the backseat of his hyung’s car. Yixing sat next to him since they made a quick stop by Hyunsik’s house and picked up the latter that was now sitting in the front seat with a bit of an uncomfortable look upon his face.

“I felt it the day I introduced myself as your doctor. It’s been a non-stop spark since then,” the elder replied. “But I didn’t want to ever force myself on you, even when you remembered me from the past. I felt that it was wrong since I’m your doctor but I think I stopped caring as of Monday.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you about Kyungsoo. I made a mistake but I won’t let them get away with what they’ve done.”

“It’s okay, I never liked Kyungsoo so this makes for a nice first date for us,” Yixing joked as he laced his fingers with Jongin’s.

“This is his street,” Hyunsik stated with a monotone voice. Taemin turned off his headlights and located Seolhyun’s car right away. “Dammit… I didn’t want to believe you guys.”

“It’s just who she is. Some people aren’t faithful while some people are,” Taemin comforted as he parked his car and gave Hyunsik a sympathetic smile. It was quite something to hear that Hyunsik and Seolhyun had been secretly dating for months, but it was another when they told him about all her whining at the lunch table and her stunts with trying to bed Yixing. Poor Hyunsik had his heart broken by not only his girlfriend, but his best friend too.

All four of the men got out of the car and snuck their way over to Kyungsoo’s front door, Hyunsik used his key Kyungsoo entrusted him with to unlock his house and let everyone enter.  Jongin closed the door quietly behind them all and began to follow Hyunsik down the hallway. There was no more wondering if they were having or not, Seolhyun certainly was a screamer in the sheets.

Hyunsik swallowed the lump in his throat and Jongin took a deep breath to alleviate his anger. The elder opened the door and walked in first and exposed the two cheaters to the four of them.

“Hyunsik, what th-” Kyungsoo began to protest then his eyes widened beyond belief and he nearly fell off the bed. Seolhyun scrambled to find something to cover herself up with and Kyungsoo grabbed the comforter and covered his lower regions.

“When the two cheaters don’t collaborate, their stories end up not matching. Tsk, tsk, tsk, what a shame,” Jongin said as he walked in with his arms folded across his chest, his eyes tore apart Seolhyun and Kyungsoo.

“My best friend and my girlfriend… damn, such s for each other that they couldn’t bear to tell either one of us, could they Jongin?” Hyunsik added in.

“You know, Seolhyun knew how much I liked Kyungsoo. I guess this goes to show that she really doesn’t care when it comes to getting a laid. What a ,” Jongin taunted as he stood at the foot of the bed and looked down Seolhyun. “Stop your crying. You can keep ing Kyungsoo’s for all I care. He means nothing to me anymore.”

“I ought to burn this house down with both of you chained to the bed of infidelity, but I’m not that kind of selfish like you, Kyungsoo. Was ing my girlfriend of seven months really worth seventeen years of friendship? No, I don’t want to hear it. Ugh, I’m so done with both of you,” Hyunsik said before storming out of the room and down the hallway.

“Oh, Seolhyun,” Yixing cooed as he stepped up next to Jongin. “You’re worth so much more than a man with… gonorrhea. Sweetie, please get checked, okay?” Seolhyun gasped, shooting a look at a surprised Kyungsoo.

“How the did you know?” Kyungsoo barked out at the elder. Yixing smiled and winked at him before looking back at Seolhyun.

“My friend Baekhyun had a one night stand with Kyungsoo. Sadly, Kyungsoo didn’t inform him of his STD so Baekhyun ended up contracting it, but he is on meds for it and curses Kyungsoo every single day because of it.”

“Thanks for help with talking to Xiumin! We’re doing the audition together next week,” Taemin added in with a wink. “Let’s go, dongsaeng. Everyone is waiting for us at the house.”

Jongin threw in one last smile and walked out hand-in-hand with Yixing and a release on his heart. The truth… isn’t always pretty but it needs to be revealed to those whom it may concern.

“Hyunsik-ah! Come with us,” Taemin offered. “I know someone whose been dying to talk to you.”

“I don’t think I’m really ready for another relationship so soon, but thanks anyways,” he said as he started to walk past the car in the cold with his hands buried deep in his pockets.

“I never said anything about a relationship. Come on, it’s never a dull time with us,” Taemin pressed on. Hyunsik stopped and turned to look at the three waiting gentlemen. He relaxed a bit and walked back to the car with a small grin on his face.

“We’re never out of style,” Jongin said when they were all in the cozy car and on their merry way to meet up with their chosen family. Yixing squeezed Jongin’s hand and kissed his forehead tenderly.

Everyone was excited when the four of them showed up on Jongdae’s doorstep. So many heartfelt laughs and jokes were shared between the group of friends. Hyeri snuggled up to Sehun and pecked his cheeks every now and then; Hyunsik ended up having a great conversation with Yura; Key and Jonghyun were playing cards with Mir and Joon; Taemin played pool with Amber, Jongdae, and Sungjae; Heechul and Leeteuk were busy making brownies in the kitchen while bickering about some silly thing as usual; and Jongin sat on the outside porch as usual, sipping on hot chocolate.

“These past four months have been something, haven’t they?” Yixing asked as he watched Jongin swing his legs over the side of the railing.

“Too much has happened, but it was a good experience. Minus the whole car accident back in August and me forgetting everything,” Jongin joked with a small chuckle. “It’s strange how quickly things can fall apart then piece back together.”

“As of Monday, you’re no longer my patient. Your memory is back  and your emotions are back to normal.”

“You better not get another patient you’re attracted to,” Jongin warned as he eyed Yixing. The elder laughed and shook his head.

“I’m too infatuated with you to look at anyone else. It’s getting colder out here, let’s head back inside.” Jongin nodded his approval and walked back into the warmth with Yixing by his side. "Are you sure you want to go out on a date with me?"

"I was the one who asked you out, remember, pabo?" Jongin replied with a giggle and a shake of his head.

"Just making sure you didn't change your mind about me," Yixing said. Jongin stopped and turned to look at Yixing with a small smile playing on his lips. "What is it?" The younger moved forward and closed the space, kissing Yixing with everything he had. His butterflie errupted and turned into tingling shocks that made his palms sweaty. Something felt so right with Yixing.

"I'm sure, Yixing," Jongin said then pulled Yixing along with him to walk back inside where the others were.

Although he remembered his feelings for Kyungsoo and all the good times he did have with Seolhyun, Jongin didn’t care to keep them which is why it took him so long to remember them. In the end, getting his memory back wasn’t for nothing because it gave him everything he had in that moment and more.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So I wasn’t sure if I should end it now or drag it out for more drama but this is what I had planned and I figured it would be better to end it now since Jongin already remembered pretty much everyone and everything. I hope you guys enjoyed this story! I loved writing it and reading everyone’s comments <3

Until next time!