Chapter 4 -- Arcade

I Got You Little Runaway

Kyuhyun  lead Sungmin out to the street and hailed a cab, relaying the address of the arcade.
"Should be fun, I think. Maybe I'll even let you win a few times." Sungmin may have reflexes, but Kyuhyun was a good strategist and he was also good at figuring things out. Plus he was a good shot, when it came to first person shooters.
 

  Sungmin actually liked the boldness. He liked that Kyuhyun was showing such an interest in him.
"Oh, you'll let me? We'll see about that."
Sungmin had a deep competitive streak.
 

  "Well it just wouldn't be fair if I beat you at every game." Kyuhyun teased, far more impressed with his own skill than he should have been.
 

"You have no idea if I'm any good or not. I wouldn't press your luck." Sungmin laughed, leaning back into his seat in the cab.
 

"No,” began Kyuhyun with a smirk, “But I'm assuming since you're new, you won't be any good."  Ohho. Pure but bold Kyu was now confident, snarky Kyu?
 

Sungmin snorted, but smiled nonetheless.
"I'll just have to prove you wrong. I'll wipe the floor with you, then we will see how confident you are."
He liked this side of Kyuhyun too. It was bringing out his own competitive side.
 

  "Wipe the floor wtih me? Sounds painful." Kyuhyun said with a laugh.
 

  "I'll make sure you enjoy it."
Sungmin. Naughty boy!

It was about then that they arrived and Sungmin let Kyuhyun pay for the cab since he had gotten the stuff at the café: Didn't want to be suspicious.
 

  Kyuhyun wasn't even thinking anything about it as he paid off the cab.
"Okay, so I think..." The address had dropped them off at a random shopping mall. "It's gotta be inside." Great deduction skills there, detective.
 

  "I would hope so." Sungmin replied with a grin, taking Kyuhyun's hand this time and tugging him inside.
 

  Kyuhyun laughed and followed along inside, checking the map once they were there.  
"It's on the 5th floor, same as the. Oh. Movie theatre."
 

  "This is big. I don't think I've been here before."
Liar. You stole from a jewelry store inside here six months ago. Everything just kind of blends together.
"I wonder what's playing."
 

  "I haven't either." Kyuhyun lied as well; he'd investigated that case and failed all over again... It was a bad memory. Let's make better ones here.
"We can check the theatre after we're done playing." They found the elevator and he hit the appropriate button.
 

  "Sounds like a good plan."
Sungmin agreed and followed inside, simply tapping his foot as they rode up. Once they were there, he pulled on Kyuhyun's hand and pulled him toward the lights he saw. Apparently he was excited.
 

Apparently! Kyuhyun laughed but followed along.
"You've got cash right?" He asked just to make sure.
 

 "Yeah, no worries." Min reached into his pocket and pulled out a few bills. It was a good chunk of money, but he didn't really care.
"Is this good enough?"
 

"Holy s--... Yeah, definitely more than enough." Kyuhyun said, "We need cash to get the coins." The machines all took 500 won coins.
 

  "Oh, okay."
Seeing the coins it dispensed, Sungmin put one of the bills back in his wallet and fed the others into the machine.
"What should we play first?"
 

  "Let's do that one." Kyuhyun pointed randomly. "It's a bit easier."
 

  Sungmin nodded and shoved all of the coins into a cup so it would be easier to carry.
"You have to tell me all the rules and controls, or I will consider you a cheater."
 

  "Of course." Kyuhyun lead him to the machine and sat down first, feeding in some coins for them both.
"Okay, soo..." And he explained it as fast he could before the game started. "First round doesn't count, practice."
 

  Sungmin nodded along and listened as well as he could. He wasn't awful at the game, but he wasn't really good either. Though he did shout at it a couple times when it surprised him.
 

Kyuhyun laughed. Sungmin was very cute when he did that.

"What do you want to play next?" He asked when he felt like they'd had their fill of that game.
 

  "Hmm..." Sungmin looked around for a moment before the lights and sounds of one caught his eye. "What's that? Can we try it?"
It was Dance Dance Revolution :x
 

  Kyuhyun made a horrible face.
"We can try but I already know I’m not very good." His whole body slumped, as if a huge weight had been dropped on him.
 

  "Ooh then there's a chance I might beat you."
Sungmin couldn't help but giggle at that facereaching out to grab Kyuhyun's arm and tug him toward it.
 

  Kyuhyun actually whined; do not want! But he DID want Sungmin so he went with and did his absolutely best…

…Which was terrible—at least the first few rounds. He was starting to get the hang of it towards the end.
 

  "Aww... Just one round. I promise." Sungmin said with a smile, getting ready to play.
This was something that Sungmin was actually good at and just got better each round. He had great coordination and quick reflexes, so it worked for him.

"I won!" Sungmin shouted when they finished that final round.
 

  "Yes, you won you won." Kyuhyun said, stepping off of the machine and fanning his face. Coffee and a donut then DDR? Tired cop was tired. "Let's play a game I'm good at now."
 

  "Just remember the rules." Sungmin said with a grin, grabbing his cup of coins and following Kyuhyun to whichever game he wanted to play.
 

Kyuhyun nodded several times, adding several ‘yeahyeahyeah’ with it.

They played for another hour or so. When they were done with all of the actual video games, Sungmin pointed to the claw games. He still had a few coins left.
"I want to play those."


"Let's do it. You said you're good, so win me something good." Kyuhyun handed over his left over coins too.... Who won in the end?

  Of course Kyu won all of the other games, though Sungmin did get close on a couple.

"Alright... Pick what you want from the things on top." Sungmin said, stepping up to the machine. He had played enough to know the tricks.
 

Kyuhyun picked out a rabbit because it looked like it would be the most difficult for Sungmin to get.
"I think that one." And he smirked, giving the other man a challenge.
 

  "A rabbit, hmm? Alright." Sungmin might have been good, but he didn't get it on the first try. He cursed and tried it again, and the cute little plushie dropped into the area.
"Ha! Look at that!"


  "Wow." Kyuhyun applauded. "I am impressed. We still got coins right?”

Sungmin hummed in agreement,  "Mhmm. We've got quite a few.”

“Then let me try." Replied Kyuhyun, holding his hand out for the coins.

“I want you to get... That one." Sungmin said as he pointed to a fox plush.
 

  "Oohho." Kyuhyun said. He wasn't nearly as good as Min and it took him 5 attempts and probably some pointers, but he finally got it.
 

  "Aww it's so cute!" Sungmin cooed, actually petting the toy when Kyuhyun pulled it out.
"Here, this one is for you." He held out the rabbit to Kyuhyun with a shy little smile.
 

  "Then this one is for you." Kyuhyun replied, holding out the fox as he got the rabbit.
 

  "Thank you." Sungmin replied shyly, taking the fox and hugging it to his chest with a smile. "This was more fun than I thought it would be."
 

  "Good impromptu date." Kyuhyun said with a teasing laugh. "I get a wish now, don't I?"
 

  "I suppose you do. What's your wish, Kyuhyun?" Since he had won the games, it was only fair.
 

  "Dinner. My choice, you pay." Fair enough wish, right?
 

  Sungmin feigned hurt and put a hand over his chest.
"Ouch, right in the wallet." But then he laughed and nodded his head.
"Alright then. What's on the menu?"
 

  "Don't worry it's not expensive at all." Kyuhyun pulled out his phone, "I just wanna see how far we are from it…" he muttered as he tapped away on his screen.
"Oh good, not far at all. Have you ever been to [place]?"
 

  Sungmin thought for a moment and shook his head. He didn't eat out too much since cooking at home was healthier.
"It's good?" He asked.
 

  "Yes, it's very good." Kyuhyun responded, "It serves nnn and lll."
 

  Sungmin's eyes lit up at the mention of those wines and he nodded.
"I'm sure you're really hungry. Should we go then?"

"Yeah we can. Do you want to take another taxi, or a bus?"

"Let's just take a taxi. I get it this time." They couldn't act too close on a bus, after all.

"Sounds good." Kyuhyun took Sungmin's hand then and pulled him out of the arcade and back down to the elevator and street. He hailed the cab and told the address.
"You're going to love it… maybe. The food isn't great, but the wine more than makes up for it."
 

"Maybe? I love all sorts of food. I'm easy to please." Sungmin hadn't been out in a while, so even if it was the kind of food that was terrible for you, it wouldn't hurt too much.
 

  Because Kyuhyun's job led him to work crazy hours, he ate out way more often than he should.
"That's good to know. Log that one away for later."
 

"If I didn't work out regularly, I'd probably weigh a lot more than I do now." Sungmin definitely liked food. Sometimes a little too much.
 

  "I should work out more than I did," sitting in the cab Kyuhyun poked at his stomach as he spoke. "My legs are strong though." And his stamina was good as well, but he didn’t mention that.
 

"I have to keep myself pretty." Sungmin let his hand boldly move to Kyuhyun's thigh.  "You a runner?" He asked, giving the muscle a little squeeze.
 

  Kyuhyun nodded.
"Yeah, I am. Do lots of squats and leg presses too." It was one of the only things he had confidence in… and usually all he needed to do for work. Kick in doors and chase people.
  Oh and he had no reaction to the hand on his thigh except a little pinkness and bigger smile.
 

"I do more weights and such." That hand didn't move from Kyuhyun’s thigh and Sungmin felt that pinkness reflecting on his own cheeks. Kyuhyun running and working out like that explained his amazing .
 

  "I can tell." Kyuhyun had been staring at Sungmin’s arms a bit… but his and thighs were just as nice.