Chapter 2 -- Text Messages

I Got You Little Runaway

Since he did his work at night, but didn't want to seem desperate, Sungmin waited a couple of hours and sent him a text.
'How's the new shirt? Any other hot dates?'

 

  Kyuhyun was busy typing up a report when the text message buzzed through; he didn't recognize the number so he checked it right away... and then laughed.
'Sungmin? Just one.'

 

'What's their name? I don't like competition~'
Sungmin texted back, working on cleaning up his apartment since it was overdue. He figured it should be presentable... Just in case.
 

'His name was Sungmin... really good looking... Helped me buy the suit.'
Kyuhyun replied, like the dork he really was.

 

'Oh really? And where are you taking this Sungmin guy? I can't let him make a move on you before I get the chance.'
Sungmin couldn't help but laugh as he read that response, snorting and even flushing a bit as he replied himself.


 

'I was thinking about taking him to [fancy restaurant] on Friday at 7, but I don't know if he'll say yes... what should I do?'
Oh this was so cute. Kyuhyun was just picturing Sungmin's face as they had this conversation.

 

"Probably his brains out in the bathroom."
Sungmin muttered to himself, feeling his cheeks heat at the sudden dirty turn his thoughts had taken.
'You probably shouldn't ask him. That would give him an advantage over me. I would be a much better date, anyway.'
 

'Oh really?'
Kyuhyun gave a simple reply. Let Sungmin prove himself.

 

'I'm much more fun. I'm a better kisser and wine makes me ty.'
Sungmin stared at the message for a moment before shaking his head and deleting the last part of the second sentence to almost replace it with…
'and I'm as good at undressing you as dressing you'
…before finally settling on…
'and I'll keep you on your toes.'

 

'You already do.'
Keep him on his toes, is what Kyuhyun meant, when he replied.

 

'Then you should probably ask me out. I'm quite the catch.'
Eew really? It was even cheesy for Sungmin, but he hit send before he could think more.

 

'7pm, Friday [Fancy Restaurant]?'
Kyuhyun replied; he had already made the reservations, hoping ahead of time that Sungmin would say yes.

 

  'I would love to.'
Luckily, he liked to work on random days so Sungmin was rather flexible with his schedule. Saturday nights were usually best since that was when law enforcement was most distracted with other things.

 

  A detective’s work was never done, so was kind of technically always on call... but that was okay.
'I'll see you then.... But Friday is kind of far, isn't it?'
It was Tuesday.
 

  'Maybe I should ask you out for coffee tomorrow then.'
Sungmin replied right away, grinning stupidly at his phone.
 

  'I may say yes, if you were going to ask that.'
 Kyuhyun replied with his own stupid grin.
 

  'And if I demand it?'
Sungmin wanted to gauge his reaction and get a bit more of a feel for his personality, and that seemed like the way to do it.
 

  'Demands don't always work so well, but I could see myself giving in if it were you.'
Oh, bad Kyuhyun. Bad bad bad.
 

'I might get spoiled if you do that. Then again, I do like being spoiled.'
Well that was an understatement. Just look at all the nice things around your apartment.
 

That he probably stole.
'Well I like to spoil those I like.'
Kyuhyun replied because he felt he should.
 

 Nah. He stole other things and sold them so he could buy nice things. Big things are harder to steal.
'Then meet me tomorrow at xxx coffee shop. 5:00?'
Sungmin figured people were usually done by then, and if not, they could adjust.

 

  Damn clever thief.
'5 should be fine.'
Kyuhyun sent, thinking to himself. His long time chase... the trail had gone cold and they just had to wait for another clue. That damn jewel thief. All of his other cases were pretty boring and simple. And if anything there were cell phones.

 

  Oh, he would get his next clue. That thief had just been laying low for a while so he wouldn't be caught. There was a lovely exhibit coming to the museum and he wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like that.
'Don't miss me too much until then.'

 

  That's what the detective was worried about!
'Miss you? That's my line.'

 

  Poor detective. Your work is never done.
"I'll definitely miss that ."
Sungmin thought to himself, grinning as he recalled that nice round behind.
'How can I miss you if I don't know much about you?'

 

  'Good point. What do you want to know?'
Kyuhyun replied, finishing up the office probably just now even though it was late at night or something.

 

  Sungmin was working on a quick dinner.
'How about your favorite food?'

 

  'Seafood. You?’
 Kyuhyun sent the reply quickly and easily. Of course the eater knew what his favorite food was.

 

  'Burgers. Favorite hobby?'
Resist the urge to get ual, Sungmin. You have a three date rule!

 

  'Gaming and wine. You?'
Because bipolar hobbies were totally normal.

 

  'Ooh wine. I like wine. I also do martial arts and play guitar.'
Spending an evening drinking wine with y Kyuhyun? Yes please.

 

  Kyuhyun typed y... then erased it.
Then he decided it.
'Thats y. We will have to go wine tasting sometime.'

 

  Ooh. Sungmin felt his stomach do a little flip flop when he read that, and he thought about how to reply for a moment.
'I would love to. I also have an extensive collection of wine myself and could be convinced to share with the right person.'

 

  'As do I.'
Kyuhyun replied, feeling himself falling for this y man even through just text messages.

 

Wine and .
Sungmin hadn't gotten laid in quite some time, so his mind kept jumping to the dirty side of things. Especially since he had gotten to touch Kyuhyun and stare at that .
'I do like a man who knows his wine.'
He had to stop himself from adding anything else. Every message was making him want to be more ual :x

 

  'What is the best wine you have tasted?'
Kyuhyun asked, unintentionally toning the conversation down a bit.... Or was he?
He was remembering his favorite wine and the way it made his mouth salivate... just like Sungmin--wait, what?

 

  'My favorite was xxx. I love a good vintage Cabernet.’
Min was interested. Hopefully they had the same taste in wine. It would make drinking it together more enjoyable.

 

  'Never had xxx but I have had ooo. Cabernet is the best--I have jjj in my collection.'
Okay, how could Sungmin be so perfect and where had he been all of his life?

 

  'ooo is a lovely bottle. Definitely among my top choices. I haven't tried jjj, but nnn is supposed to have similar notes.'
Sungmin placed a hand over his heart, feeling himself smile from the conversation. If this man ed half as well as he knew wine, it would seal the deal.

 

'nnn? I'll look into it... They might serve it at the [Fancy Restaurant] on Friday.'
If Kyuhyun was smitten before, he had definitely fallen down the rabbit hole now.

 

There is an entirely different rabbit hole for you to fall into later, Kyu.
'That would be wonderful. I would love to share a bottle of wine with you.'
Ugh. He was the first person Sungmin had ever considered breaking his three date rule for.

 

  Don't worry Sungmin, Kyuhyun wasn't that easy. And maybe, possibly, a bit more pure-hearted. Not that he didn't think Sungmin was completely y. Just... .. pure hearted.
'Me too..... you know you sound perfect, right?'

 

  'I could tell you the same thing. Just don't tell me you love skiing. I don't know if my heart can take it.'
Because why not?
Sungmin wasn't really pure hearted, per se. Or maybe he just couldn't keep his hormones in check.

 

  Both?
'Skiing? It's really fun. Why, do you love it?'

 

  He would possibly pick up a little more of that from Kyu.
'It's my favorite outdoor activity. I try to take a trip to another mountain every year.'

 

  'That's amazing. I wonder if we've passed each other before without realizing it?'
Kyuhyun replied, laughing at his phone.

 

  More times than either of you know, Kyuhyun.
'I was in the French alps last year. I'm thinking maybe Colorado this year.'
Because why not change it up?

 

  Kyuhyun stared wide eyed at his phone.
"Holy shh..." He said aloud, glancing around his modest apartment.
'I've never gone skiing abroad. Is it nice?'
This man must be rich... Kyuhyun was thinking. If only he knew. >>

 

  'It's beautiful. The mountains are huge and resorts are gorgeous. But it does get a little lonely going by myself.'
Sungmin didn't have a huge apartment, but he definitely had nice things. Most of his money was in off shore accounts :x

 

  It would be, damned thief.
'Wow... Sounds like it would be nice.'
Kyuhyun felt a little jealous, he hadn't caught the last line from Sungmin until he had already replied.
So he sent another quick one.
'Maybe I could join you this winter.'

 

  Sungmin was going to reply but then another text came through and he felt his stomach do that flip flop thing again. A skiing vacation with this y, charming man? That could be wonderful.
'Maybe you could. I don't think I would be able to say no to a man like you.'

 

  'I will have to remember that.'
Kyuhyun sent, grinning at his phone. He was more excited for his date than he had been in a long time.

 

  'Oh will you now?'
Sungmin felt his heart fluttering, and he slapped his own cheek before getting ready for bed.

 

  Kyuhyun set down his phone to change and wash before bed. He came back to his phone with a smile.
'It’s a good power to have over someone I like.'
Kyu replied, crawling into bed.

 

  'With great power comes great responsibility.'
Sungmin replied after he had gotten undressed and washed up. He was the type to sleep , so there was no need for clothes.

 

  'I am glad for this responsibility and will use my power wisely.'
Kyuhyun replied, rolling his eyes.
Nerd.

 

  'I'm not sure if I believe you.'
Sungmin snorted and shook his head. So cheesy. Then he glanced at the clock and sent off another text.
'Well, if I want to stay pretty, I need my rest. Goodnight, Kyuhyun.'

 

  'Wow look at the time. See you tomorrow.'
Kyu sent back before adding a…
 'you can never not be beautiful.'

 

'Flatterer.'
Sungmin sent before turning on the do not disturb and went to sleep. 

  'Just tell the truth.'
Kyuhyun replied before going to sleep. But he wasn't allowed to turn on his do not disturb...