Chapter 1 -- Meet Cute

I Got You Little Runaway

Of all days.... Kyuhyun thought as he stood there in the shop. He had managed, brilliantly, to spill coffee all over his suit. Therefore he needed a NEW suit. But Kyuhyun had a terrible sense of fashion and always had help picking out his clothes. So he was kind of walking around cluelessly with his suit jacket in his hands... Since his clothes were nice, no one went to help him... But the look behind those big glasses screamed 'help me'. 


"Are you alright?"
Sungmin had been watching him for a while and finally decided to come talk to the (admittedly very handsome) nerd that looked confused and lost, despite the fact that he wasn't an employee. He obviously needed help, and nobody was doing their job around this place.


"What?" Kyuhyun turned to the new voice looking straight forward then he directed his eyes down a bit. 
"Oh.... uhm. No, not really--do you work here?" Kyuhyun didn't want to bother someone who wasn’t an employee... Even if they were very attractive.
 

Hmm. Well that was a good question. No, he didn't, but he could totally play it off if it meant getting his hands on this tall stranger. 
"Oh. Yes, I misplaced my name tag. My name is Sungmin, what can I help you with?"
 

"Ahh... Well." Kyuhyun held up his suit coat, "I spilt coffee on my suit and I have an important meeting later." Always with important meetings, "and I can't very well go like this... so I'm looking for a new suit. But it's a bit overwhelming."
 

"Yes, I can see why you would feel that way. Why don't you have a seat and I'll bring you something?"
Sungmin had no clue what he was doing or where he should be looking, but playing dress up like this could be fun. 
"You've got such nice shoulders and a small waist... A slim cut would look best."
 

"Small waist?" Kyuhyun said, looking at himself and then back up to the man. "I suppose..." he didn't feel so. Even though he was a detective and worked out regularly, he also had some chub and moobs. >>
 

Proportionately so. He can have some chub and be slender still.
"Mmm. Now let's see."
Min quickly and easily swiped a measuring tape from behind the counter and held it out. 
"I'll have to take your measurements."


“Are you custom making it or something?" Kyuhyun teased with a deep chuckle, even as he assumed the position for measuring.
 

"Well I have to be sure I get you the right size."
Sungmin huffed, pouting just a bit as he stepped up on the stool and pulled the tape across his shoulders, being sure to touch him a little more than necessary.


The extra touching, which Kyuhyun knew was unnecessary from experience had him blushing a little... and curious about whether this man’s intentions were pure. Because now his own certainly were not.


Well of course they weren't. Sungmin didn't even work there, but Kyu didn't know that. 
Once he had measured him, Min ran his hand down the length of Kyuhyun's back and trotted off to (hopefully) find him a new suit jacket.


Hmmm... kyuhyun hummed to himself ... then while Sungmin was gone, Kyuhyun dug into his pocket for a piece of paper and pen. He found a crappy restaurant business card and scribbled his name and number on it. Then put it into his pocket again for later.


Min had luckily been there before and had a worker direct him where he wanted to go, so he came back a few minutes later with a few jackets. 
"I think you would look y in this one."
y? Yes. That came out of his mouth and he didn't even realize it. He was too busy giving Kyuhyun a look and holding out his jacket.


"Well y isn’t what I’m going for," Kyuhyun teased as he pulled it on, turning to look in the mirror. Well he was right: y; especially when Kyuhyun took off the glasses and mussed his hair a bit.


"Well then what exactly are you going for, hmm?"
Sungmin bit his lip as he watched the taller man do that, eyes clearly going over his entire form. He had to resist the urge to reach up and run his hands through that hair himself.


"Professional." Kyuhyun looked at him thru the mirror… and bit his lip with a grin. "But you know... y might not be bad too."


 "Professional /is/ y."
Sungmin replied with a grin of his own, hand lightly brushing over the lapels of the suit jacket.


"Hmm." Kyuhyun hummed and chuckled before taking off the suit jacket. 
"What else do you have for me, Sungmin, right?"


 "Yes, Sungmin. But you didn't tell me your name."
He replied, taking that jacket and hanging it up before holding out another for him to try on.


"My name is Kyuhyun." He replied, pulling on the next suit jacket. 
"Oh, I like this one." He said immediately, pushing his glasses back on because honestly he couldn't see very well without them.


"Kyuhyun..."
He mumbled quietly, testing out the sounds in his mouth before smiling. 
"It looks good on you. Simple with clean lines."


"Very much so my style... How resistant is it to staining?" Because who knows what would happen in the line of duty.
 

"If you have a good dry cleaner, they can get out any stain. But it looks like this one has a finish on it that helps resist stains."
He said, looking at the tag that was hanging off the sleeve. Sungmin honestly had no idea what he was doing, or why he was keeping this front up so long.
 

 "I don't think I need to try on any others then." Kyuhyun said definitively. "This and the first one. A new shirt and tie though, to go with this one as well. I can't wear anything flashy." He took the jacket off and handed it back to Min, even as he started to take off the tie he was wearing. Both items had been hit with the coffee.


Min stood there staring for a moment before breaking out of his stupor and running off to find something suitable for Kyuhyun. He was a little bit of a fashion terrorist himself, but he could put together a clean, conservative look. So he was back quickly with a nice shirt and a pretty silk tie.
 

  "Oh this tie looks fancy." Kyuhyun said as he ran his long fingers over it. "I would hate to get ... to get it ruined. I can be a little clumsy, obviously." He motioned to the coffee stain on his white shirt.

 

 "I've got a couple tricks for getting stains out."
Sungmin replied, biting his lip and looking up at Kyuhyun through his tousled hair.

 

Unf. Kyuhyun had to pause and stare at Min directly back. He boldly reached out and touched Min's cheek then blinked wide and stepped back.
"Ah, sorry. I couldn't help myself."

 

Sungmin looked up with a little blush as his cheek was touched, and took a step forward to make up for the gap.
"I don't mind."

 

"Yeah?" Kyuhyun smiled. "Ah, here." He reached into his pocket and produced the card. "It's the only paper I had. But here’s my name and number... call me sometime… Maybe?"
 

"Maybe? You don't sound so sure of yourself."
Sungmin teased, taking the card and grinning at Kyuhyun again.

 

"Yeah well," Kyuhyun just shrugged, pink brushing his cheeks. "Let’s get these items purchased, shall we?"
 

"Ah. Oh, sure."
Sungmin wasn't really sure what to do, so he gathered up the items and carried them to a register where someone was working. How was he going to keep this up without looking crazy?
 

Kyuhyun followed to the register and looked at the worker... Then Sungmin.
"Thank you for your help." He said to Sungmin, suspecting something already with the way the cashier looked at Sungmin.
"Did you find everything you were looking for? Was there anyone that helped you today?"
The woman at the desk asked, effectively blowing Sungmin's cover.


"I uhh... Don't work here." Sungmin mumbled the last part, color rising in his cheeks.

 

 Kyuhyun looked at the woman and then Sungmin.
"Well none of your staff approached me so honestly I shouldn't be buying anything, but this gentleman helped me pick out some very nice jackets by taking the initiative. To say I'm displeased with your service would be an understatement, considering the amount of money I am spending today madam. You are just lucky that he decided to help me where your staff wouldn't."
 

  Well that certainly wasn't what Sungmin was expecting, and he couldn't help the small smile that crossed his lips as he watched Kyuhyun speak like that.
"I am so sorry, sir."
The lady apologized, zipping up the jackets into garment bags for him.

 

 "You should be." Kyuhyun said, handing over his card and taking the bags. Then he took his card back and nodded, not bowed, and turned to leave. Kyuhyun put a hand on Sungmin's back to bring him with him.
 

  He could add that to the list of unexpected happenings. Sungmin smiled to himself as he was lead out like that only turning to look up at Kyuhyun once they were outside. He tried to think of something to say, but he was coming up with nothing.
 

  "Sorry about that." Kyuhyun said, "But why did you lie?" Not that he was mad, just curious.
 

  "Honestly? I'm really not sure. I think I was just looking for an excuse to talk to you. The touching was just a bonus."
Sungmin replied with an embarrassed little laugh, looking up sheepishly.
 

 His honesty now in spite of his lie earlier just made Kyuhyun laugh richly.
"The touching was a bonus on both sides." Kyuhyun reached his hand out to touch Sungmin's cheek again, brushing that long hair away so he could get a better look at his face. "I would ask you out for coffee now, but as it is I'm late..." he said regrettably.
 

 "Well that's too bad. I guess you'll just have to take me out another time."
That bit of touching made Sungmin flush just a bit more and he bit his lip, tossing his hair from his eyes.
"Don't want to make you even later."
 

 "It's worth it. Even with a ruined shirt." Kyuhyun's thumb Sungmin's cheek before he took back his hand.
"You have my number. Call me." And he flashed a smile before heading off in the direction he needed to go.
 

  Sungmin stood there for a moment, hand stupidly touching the spot Kyuhyun had touched and staring after him. Stupid heart! Calm the down!