Chapter 6

Love Hurts

ZiTao had awoken to the steady sounds of a beeping noise. When he opened his eyes an unwelcomed and burning light was bought into his vision very much to his dismay. Soon after he realised that he was not at the school nurses office but at the hospital. While he continued to wonder how and when he had gotten their an unfamiliar voice inturrupted his thoughts.

"Mr.Haung how are you feeling, are you dizzy, do you think you could drink some water."

ZiTao answered none of these questions because he was still brooding over the fact that he didn't know why he was here and he hated not knowing what was going on around him; he thought it would ruin his balance even more than what it was. Just as he was getting ready to open his mouth that deep, chocolaty voice cut him off and he just wanted to become one with the bed he was currently laying on. He hated when people saw him in a weakened state. 

He tried sitting up, but a sudden wave of pain washed over him and he groaned in dismay,he felt like he was going to die.

"ZiTao, just in case you're wondering the only reason you are in here is because you passed out in the hallyway, the doctor says that you are anemic." 

ZiTao shot his head up and more pain washed over him but ignored that and checked his wrists, and sure enough there was large, white bandages covering his cuts and he mental cursed himself for letting this happen.

Then he made the mistake of looking at YiFan and he didn't looked to pleased at all. 'He probably knows' is the first thought that goes through his mind, but he didn't care just like nobody cared about him.

"You're going to be staying with me and Jessica for the me being just to make sure nothing like this happens again." 

"No it's fine YiFan" his voice came out dry and croaky as he spoke "Really it's fine you don't have to-." 

"That was not an offer ZiTao, and no complainig either okay."

His voice had sounded harsher than ZiTao had ever heard it and that's what had scared him so he complied, knowing that YiFan was mad and he did not want worsen it with his own stubbornness. It was only moments later that he was checking out of the hospital and sitting in the passenger seat of YiFan's car. He didn't remember much of the ride considering he fell asleep, and before he knew it he was at their destination. That god forsaken apartment he had vowed not to ever go back to. He just wanted to curl up into a ball and die already.

As they stepped foot into the apartment ZiTao immediately took notice of the few changes that were made; and they were obviously not made by YiFan, but by Jessica. He just hated thinking about it, hated the fact that he was back in the place that was the root of all his pain.

"You will be sleeping in your old room and all since your bed is still here"

He just nodded his head as a reply and began to walk to his room where he fell asleep in no time.

When he had awoken he felt like he needed a shower. He ventured his way to YiFan and Jessica's room to ask YiFan for some clothing, but he made the mistake of not knocking first. They were in the bed going at it. 

His breath hitched. He had felt like had been stabbed so may times in the chest that he felt as if he could not breathe. Before he knew it he was running out of the apartment at full speed sobbing and gasping for breath. His apartment wasn't far, but what threw him off was Jessica and YiFan running after then the sudden flash of light and him being pushed out of the way and then YiFan yelling for somebody to call 911.

When the paramedics arrived it was as if the weight of the world wieghed even more on his shoulders. They had arrived at the emergency room within minutes. When they arrived they were told to stay in the waiting room. ZiTao watched as YiFan fell apart right before his eyes and there was nothing he could about it. Not a damn thing.

It was like the life had been out of him when YiFan came charging at him full speed, then there was a blow to his head, and that was the last thing he remembered before he was out like a light.

For the second time that day he had woken up to the soft beeping of a machine which indicated that he was still alive. He quickly sat up, taking in his surroundings.  

ZiTao found himself putting his feet one in front of the other slowly, then his pace quickened until he was out of the hospital. He felt the cold wind strike pass his face and calmed himself. 

It was a beautiful starry, clear night. He was walking aimlessly down the road to soon find himself in the middle of no where in a clearing with a crystal clear lake right in the middle of it.

He just took a moment and thought about everything,but his life in general. Then he just layed their, and thought about the fact that nobody actually cared for his existence, as he didn't either. He just thought aimlessly until the darkness took over and he finally slept more peacefully than he ever had.